IndiaDivine.org

info for NRIs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

GuruDevs residing outside India if interested in learning Vedic chanting by skype from India, thereby providing livelihood to vedic scholars and also create an incentive to future growth of vedic students can use the below info I rec'd from Shree Bhadraiahji.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

""One request: Please encourage learning Vedic chanting by skype> from India, thereby providing livelihood to vedic scholars and also create> an incentive to future growth of vedic students. At gurudakshina of $5-10> per hour we can revive vedic learning in India and it will be enriching for> sadhakas in US as well. If 10 students even those spread out in different> places around the world can group together and contact a vedic scholar,> the cost of desktop for Vedic scholar can be paid off in first month> payments. After two years of skyping, a vedic scholar in India will have > enough money to set up one's own school locally. > > I do not see a reason why a subject so dear to us all should be> allowed to starve of funds, when we enjoy the fruits of living abroad after> rejecting the tradition. I am seriously looking to join such effort. There are> a few

generous teachers who are willing to teach for free in US, but long> drives and the continuing neo-colonial slavery frustates me. > > Carnatic music via skype from India is picking up momentum (though it> might reduce rates here in US. For vedic chanting there should be no such harm. > > Regards> Bhadraiah""

Dear Ballgopal, You are free to quote any info I posted. There is a free downloadable software called SKYPE which provides excellent quality of communication. The quality is 100 times better than a messenger or MSN messenger, which mostly gives broken communication in every sentence.We had a music concert with a friend in India and it was really enjoyable. http://www.skype.com/ The two parties who want to have a conversation need to install this software, create a user id each and logon. Keep the option as private so that you don't get called by all and sundry abusers in the web. Make sure kidsdon't get access to this software without parent's permission. When both parties logon together, and add each other'sids as friends,

then they can see each other's userids as active. You have to click the ring button to make a callwhich is free, and it will call the skype at the other end. When the user at the other end accepts the incoming callyou can have your concert. You can also add a webcam at both ends, but watch the access to kids as I said. Instead of the headache of paying by the hour or counting hours we can also donate a fixed $20-40 per month which is very affordable for people in US and get about one class every week. The vedic scholar doesn't necessarily have to teach all the time.Even his students at the school can also teach for people like us who are just beginners. Transferring money is easy if you and the teacher open an ICICI account. Transferring from one bank to another bank is a pain,because it won't be an online transfer; it will be a check issued by your bank to another

bank, which doesn't always workas expected. Remember for every bank there are many branch offices in each town, and you have to give exact branch officenumber to make the transfer. Also the other bank must be computerised as well. Carnatic music: I mentioned this because over the last 20 years as Indian population grew in US, there is a huge demandfor Carnatic music, and teachers are hard to find. The rates are going up and for $15/hr you only get teachers who teach"with some" apaswarams. Many parents are unable to pay the high rates and also do a lot of driving (average 10 miles or more). Instead, if we start start using skype for carnatic music children can learn directly from India and it will provide employment for music teachers. Only drawback is that rates for local teachers may go down. A risk of learning on skype from India is that a lot of Christians have also learnt

Carnatic music and we may be sponsoring them as well. So make sure you get proper references for teachers and get the names vetted by a well known Hindu temple or organization. Art doesn;'t have any religion and every one is welcome to study these divine subjects, but some of the Christians copy Hindu arts and puja procedures to attract more converts, at the same time while abusing our devas. I hope this is sufficient, and you can ask me for more details if you want. If you do find a good veda teacher who can teach using skype and arrangements have been made at their end please count on me also as a student. I can pay at beginning of every month through ICICI. It just takes a minute to transfer money. Please feel free to post this info anywhere you want. RegardsBhadraiah

Caution

This should be a completely personal level effort. Students should pay after-tax money to teachers. teachers may have to pay tax if income exceeds some level as per Indian tax laws. Teachers may need some help with tax forms in India so that they can write off some expenses. There should be no incorporation because there are all kinds of lawyers and governments will get involved. Also when you filterstudents and teachers based on their sincerety to the subject it will be interpreted as discrimination and suject to lawsuits. Make it personal, which is the Vedic principle. No need for idealismhere. If there are serious learners and if they want serve Hinduismevery one is welcome but not just for the sake of competition andseeing it as a money making opportunity.

Get an email ID as yourname or yourname.

This is a very good initiative. If someone in India can identify qualified vedic scholars who are willing to teach vedic chanting, I would be happy to provide 4 of them one from each veda with a multi-media PC and internet connection at home for one year. If some one can create a colour poster and send it across, I would be happy to try to put them up in different temples and hindu organizations in London so that locals here can learn vedic chanting.

I can be reached on rajaramvenk as I check that ID more often.

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpalgvr <guruvayur >Cc: vaidixSent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:15:02 AM[Guruvayur] info for NRIs

HARI AUM

GuruDevs residing outside India if interested in learning Vedic chanting by skype from India, thereby providing livelihood to vedic scholars and also create an incentive to future growth of vedic students can use the below info I rec'd from Shree Bhadraiahji.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

""One request: Please encourage learning Vedic chanting by skype> from India, thereby providing livelihood to vedic scholars and also create> an incentive to future growth of vedic students. At gurudakshina of $5-10> per hour we can revive vedic learning in India and it will be enriching for> sadhakas in US as well. If 10 students even those spread out in different> places around the world can group together and contact a vedic scholar,> the cost of desktop for Vedic scholar can be paid off in first month> payments. After two years of skyping, a vedic scholar in India will have > enough money to set up one's own school locally. > > I do not see a reason why a subject so dear to us all should be> allowed to starve of funds, when we enjoy the fruits of living abroad after> rejecting the tradition. I am seriously looking to join such effort. There are> a few

generous teachers who are willing to teach for free in US, but long> drives and the continuing neo-colonial slavery frustates me. > > Carnatic music via skype from India is picking up momentum (though it> might reduce rates here in US. For vedic chanting there should be no such harm. > > Regards> Bhadraiah""

Dear Ballgopal, You are free to quote any info I posted. There is a free downloadable software called SKYPE which provides excellent quality of communication. The quality is 100 times better than a messenger or MSN messenger, which mostly gives broken communication in every sentence.We had a music concert with a friend in India and it was really enjoyable. http://www.skype. com/ The two parties who want to have a conversation need to install this software, create a user id each and logon. Keep the option as private so that you don't get called by all and sundry abusers in the web. Make sure kidsdon't get access to this software without parent's permission. When both parties logon together, and add each other'sids as friends,

then they can see each other's userids as active. You have to click the ring button to make a callwhich is free, and it will call the skype at the other end. When the user at the other end accepts the incoming callyou can have your concert. You can also add a webcam at both ends, but watch the access to kids as I said. Instead of the headache of paying by the hour or counting hours we can also donate a fixed $20-40 per month which is very affordable for people in US and get about one class every week. The vedic scholar doesn't necessarily have to teach all the time.Even his students at the school can also teach for people like us who are just beginners. Transferring money is easy if you and the teacher open an ICICI account. Transferring from one bank to another bank is a pain,because it won't be an online transfer; it will be a check issued by your bank to another

bank, which doesn't always workas expected. Remember for every bank there are many branch offices in each town, and you have to give exact branch officenumber to make the transfer. Also the other bank must be computerised as well. Carnatic music: I mentioned this because over the last 20 years as Indian population grew in US, there is a huge demandfor Carnatic music, and teachers are hard to find. The rates are going up and for $15/hr you only get teachers who teach"with some" apaswarams. Many parents are unable to pay the high rates and also do a lot of driving (average 10 miles or more). Instead, if we start start using skype for carnatic music children can learn directly from India and it will provide employment for music teachers. Only drawback is that rates for local teachers may go down. A risk of learning on skype from India is that a lot of Christians have also learnt

Carnatic music and we may be sponsoring them as well. So make sure you get proper references for teachers and get the names vetted by a well known Hindu temple or organization. Art doesn;'t have any religion and every one is welcome to study these divine subjects, but some of the Christians copy Hindu arts and puja procedures to attract more converts, at the same time while abusing our devas. I hope this is sufficient, and you can ask me for more details if you want. If you do find a good veda teacher who can teach using skype and arrangements have been made at their end please count on me also as a student. I can pay at beginning of every month through ICICI. It just takes a minute to transfer money. Please feel free to post this info anywhere you want. RegardsBhadraiah

Caution

This should be a completely personal level effort. Students should pay after-tax money to teachers. teachers may have to pay tax if income exceeds some level as per Indian tax laws. Teachers may need some help with tax forms in India so that they can write off some expenses. There should be no incorporation because there are all kinds of lawyers and governments will get involved. Also when you filterstudents and teachers based on their sincerety to the subject it will be interpreted as discrimination and suject to lawsuits. Make it personal, which is the Vedic principle. No need for idealismhere. If there are serious learners and if they want serve Hinduismevery one is welcome but not just for the sake of competition andseeing it as a money making opportunity.

Get an email ID as yourname (AT) ymail (DOT) com or yourname@rocketmail .com.