IndiaDivine.org

shivalinga vigraham in our pooja

Rate this topic

Guest guest

vasudeva is eternal and beyond material nature. when he appears as an avatar, he is not like other beings with material body that is created and destroyed. however, in the form of archa vigraha (deity), he is made of material elements. though the deity is non-different from the lord, it is also a fact that the deity form is made of material elements which are subject to getting broken etc. so, there is nothing to worry. chant the names of the lord till your mind is peaceful. as you may think of the deity as imperfect due to breakage you may want to leave it in a well, river, ocean or a temple to avoid offence. if it is only minor dent and you are able to consider him perfect, just continue with your nitya pooja as usual.

chandrikashankar <chandrikashankarguruvayur Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:40:07 PM[Guruvayur] shivalinga vigraham in our pooja

Dear friends,This morning while doing pooja,the base of the small maragathalingam we have broke.Is it indication of something bad.This small lingam was given to my husband by a friend of his.I have been performing daily abishekam with water and milk to the lingam along with Durga,Sri Rama,Sita Lakshmana,Hanuman, Sri Krishna and Lakshmi.I am very worried,and I spent atleast an hour daily in the morning narrating different stotras.Can anyone enlighten me if I can apologise to the Lord in anyway.I am a very devout devotee of Guruvayoorappan.Thanks,Chandrika.

Dear Fellow-devoteeji,Dont worry about this.Pray to Ma Parvathi by reciting Shyamala Dandakam or Soundarya Lahara and finally to Karunasindhu,Sri Guruvayurappan.Sia puja has come into ur house because of Purvajanma anushtanam.No reason to discontinue.This is as far as I know.Best wishes,Viswamchandrikashankar <chandrikashankarTo:

guruvayur Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:40:07 AM[Guruvayur] shivalinga vigraham in our pooja

Dear friends,

This morning while doing pooja,the base of the small

maragathalingam we have broke.Is it indication of something

bad.This small lingam was given to my husband by a friend

of his.I have been performing daily abishekam with water and

milk to the lingam along with Durga,Sri Rama,Sita

Lakshmana,Hanuman, Sri Krishna and Lakshmi.I am very worried,and I

spent atleast an hour daily in the morning narrating

different stotras.Can anyone enlighten me if I can apologise

to the Lord in anyway.I am a very devout devotee of

Guruvayoorappan.

Thanks,

Chandrika.

Guest guest

Krishnamoorthi Venkatramanji wrote, with great wisdom...

please leave it to KRISHNA

by the by have you asked KRISHNA besides worshipping HIM,is there any need to worship otherplease seek HIS views

Dear Chandrikaji:

Well, so far I have not been chased by a pig, but I have sure had my moments :-)

You have been given much good advice by the esteemed devotees in this group. You might want to wait a bit before you act in terms of purchasing a new lingam...

Please allow me to tell you a story. For years, I worshipped Lord Shiva as my Ishta Devata. I wrote about this in prior posts. For a number of reasons, I had placed an murthy depicting Shiva,Parvati, and the lingam at my front door, one of which was to indicate my devotion and my perception of my place in His world and His place in my home. One day in early fall 2008, the wind was blowing wildly. The wind has its moments and sometimes it affects me and other times not. I had the feeling these were more winds of change, but did not know why.

Anyway, I put my youngest son on the bus at 9am, and nothing was amiss on my front porch. About an hour later, I came out to the porch to put something out that I wanted to put into my car, when I looked down on the porch floor and saw the murthy laying there. My heart fell and I immediately thought it was an indication of something bad and wondered what I had done.

A few days ater, I was over at the Temple to drop something off. Swamiji was there and another woman also who helps out with the bookstore. I told them about it and asked why might something like this happen. I also mentioned the winds of change, and Swamiji laughed at me and told me the wind was blowing on everyone's porch that day! But I knew differently, because the nail this murthy was hanging on was really long because my house is brick and I was only able to hammer it in just so far. Although it was solidly in the brick, it still stuck out quite a bit amd upwards at an angle and I was convinced that no mere wind on my porch was going to knock it off the way it did. Together, they gave me some explanation that maybe Shiva did not like the direction I had the murthy in and that I should change that. I never put it back up and moved on. It was only months later, that the Lord then came to me as Shri Krishna. For years, I had been dutifully worshipping Lord Shiva as the representative of the Presence I had known but never felt that He emitted the same energy as my Beloved Anand. I had figured that I would not "dance " with Him until the end, when I dropped this body and I had pretty much accepted that this was His will. Imagine my surprise and relief when He finally revealed Himself as Lord Krishna, my Beloved Lord. But until then, what I had been doing was exactly what He wanted me to do.

When he actually did this I cannot now even pinpoint the moment, as He slowly gave me messages to that effect, until the calendar which became the subject of Shriyah Karam!!! It was then that He clearly asked me to learn to love Him in this form. I will admit that I later pointed this out to Swamiji with a certain..."I told you so" attitude, that there WAS a reason the murthy was knocked off my porch wall and cleaqrly the winds of change were blowing in my life that day, and there was nothing bad about it at all. So try not to fret. Sometimes I think we tend to view things in a negative fashion and to see something as punishment or divine rebuke, as I like to call it, when that is not the case at all.

So maybe you should wait and see where He is trying to lead you. Whatever you do, if it is done with love and devotion, you should have no fear of doing wrong. He will guide you and if you don't get the message the first time around, you can be sure He will continue to send it until you hear it and listen!!!

In His Service,

Radhe

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya.....Om Nama Shivaya...

"Vande Shambumumapathim suragurum vande jagad karanam

Vande pannagabhooshanam mrugha dharam vande pasoonam pathim

Vande soorya shashanka vahni nayanam vande Mukundha priyam

Vande bhaktha janashrayam cha varadam vande Shivam Shankaram"

Hare Krishna...Guruvayurappa

Manoj Kunniyur.

--- On Sun, 3/1/09, Radhe <shaantih wrote:

Radhe <shaantihRe: [Guruvayur] shivalinga vigraham in our poojaguruvayur Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 3:20 PM

Krishnamoorthi Venkatramanji wrote, with great wisdom...

please leave it to KRISHNA

by the by have you asked KRISHNA besides worshipping HIM,is there any need to worship otherplease seek HIS views

Dear Chandrikaji:

Well, so far I have not been chased by a pig, but I have sure had my moments :-)

You have been given much good advice by the esteemed devotees in this group. You might want to wait a bit before you act in terms of purchasing a new lingam...

Please allow me to tell you a story. For years, I worshipped Lord Shiva as my Ishta Devata. I wrote about this in prior posts. For a number of reasons, I had placed an murthy depicting Shiva,Parvati, and the lingam at my front door, one of which was to indicate my devotion and my perception of my place in His world and His place in my home. One day in early fall 2008, the wind was blowing wildly. The wind has its moments and sometimes it affects me and other times not. I had the feeling these were more winds of change, but did not know why.

Anyway, I put my youngest son on the bus at 9am, and nothing was amiss on my front porch. About an hour later, I came out to the porch to put something out that I wanted to put into my car, when I looked down on the porch floor and saw the murthy laying there. My heart fell and I immediately thought it was an indication of something bad and wondered what I had done.

A few days ater, I was over at the Temple to drop something off. Swamiji was there and another woman also who helps out with the bookstore. I told them about it and asked why might something like this happen. I also mentioned the winds of change, and Swamiji laughed at me and told me the wind was blowing on everyone's porch that day! But I knew differently, because the nail this murthy was hanging on was really long because my house is brick and I was only able to hammer it in just so far. Although it was solidly in the brick, it still stuck out quite a bit amd upwards at an angle and I was convinced that no mere wind on my porch was going to knock it off the way it did. Together, they gave me some explanation that maybe Shiva did not like the direction I had the murthy in and that I should change that. I never put it back up and moved on. It was only months later, that the Lord then

came to me as Shri Krishna. For years, I had been dutifully worshipping Lord Shiva as the representative of the Presence I had known but never felt that He emitted the same energy as my Beloved Anand. I had figured that I would not "dance " with Him until the end, when I dropped this body and I had pretty much accepted that this was His will. Imagine my surprise and relief when He finally revealed Himself as Lord Krishna, my Beloved Lord. But until then, what I had been doing was exactly what He wanted me to do.

When he actually did this I cannot now even pinpoint the moment, as He slowly gave me messages to that effect, until the calendar which became the subject of Shriyah Karam!!! It was then that He clearly asked me to learn to love Him in this form. I will admit that I later pointed this out to Swamiji with a certain..."I told you so" attitude, that there WAS a reason the murthy was knocked off my porch wall and cleaqrly the winds of change were blowing in my life that day, and there was nothing bad about it at all. So try not to fret. Sometimes I think we tend to view things in a negative fashion and to see something as punishment or divine rebuke, as I like to call it, when that is not the case at all.

So maybe you should wait and see where He is trying to lead you. Whatever you do, if it is done with love and devotion, you should have no fear of doing wrong. He will guide you and if you don't get the message the first time around, you can be sure He will continue to send it until you hear it and listen!!!

In His Service,

Radhe