IndiaDivine.org

Goddess Lakshmi and Lanka

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Rspected Bhaktas,

Yesterday (Sunday), me and my family (my wife, daughter and son along with my mother in law) went to Sree Padbanamba Swami temple at Adayar, Chennai. It was a great experience to have the darshan of "Padmaban" of Thiruvanandampuram at Chennai, mostly at similar environments. Smt Ranjanai and Smt Gayathri's carnatic music was there. But, after the darshan, we went to the Youth's hostel, at Indra Nagar, Adyar, for listening to Smt. Vishaka Hari's "Vibhishna Vaibhavam" (arranged by Hamsadwani). The entire hall was jam packed with pin drop silence. The whole narration was so exciting, with the specal touch of Smt. Vishaka Hari, with anecdotes form Thiyagaraja and Sree Anna (Sree Srre Krishnabremi Swamigal). I like to share one explanation, which is entirely new (for me, at the least).

Everybody will be happy when Goddess Lakshmi comes home and not leaving. Right? Will anyone say, "You will be happy when Lakshmi leaves you"? - NEVER.

But in Ramayana, Vibhishna says to Ravana, "Dear brother, you and Lanka will be happy, if only Lakshmi leaves you. You return back Lakshmi, for the benefit of Lanka and your goodself." But, Ravana doesn't listen to him. In the end, as Vibhishna said, Lanka and Ravana are destroyed.

Here, Smt. Vishaka Hari says, Lakshmi is Sita and Sita is Lakshmi. If Ravana had agreed to return Sita, i.e. Lakshmi herself, he would have lived long.

Again Smt. Vishaka Hari is going to give this presentation on Tuesday (04/03/2009) at the Padbanabha Swami temple, in the evening / night.

Dr. HariOm Snathi Om Santhi Om Santhi