IndiaDivine.org

In His Grace...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I have just posted an article about Sundaranarayana and his music. The link is below...

"....My husband, Narayanankutty Menon had no knowledge of classical carnatic music,no special education in malayaam, and only high school education in sanskrit. He had never written a poem till the age of 60. He never used to go for any classical concert. As everybody else from our native place he used to go to Guruvayur whenever possible. We used to hear carnatic songs while travelling in the car. He had a very good sense of thaalam [rhythm or time signature] which he found out when our daughter was learning bharatnatyam. A few days after he was 60 years old, one night, he had a dream that he was singing classical music in the kizhakke nada [Eastern entrance] of Guruvayur temple. He told me about it the next day..I told him that is just a dream because I knew he could not sing one line even in sruthi!! The next day, the dream repeated. He said that Guruvayurappan told him to write classical carnatic music about HIM in simple language so that ordinary people can understand. HE wanted these songs to be propogated among the devotees. The dream repeated a few times...." Dr. Sreedevi Menon

in-his-grace

Link to video of live kirtan of the bhajan...

In His Service,

Radhe