IndiaDivine.org

Alpam Pazaya Charitram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I would like to know, at last the Christians succeeded in making a church at Nilackal, please. Please throw some light on the current situation.

Regards,

Manoharan S

-

Udayabhanu Panickar

guruvayur

Cc: C.Jayanthi

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:41 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitram

Dear Friends, I apologize to the people who are unable to read Malayalam. A hastily written gist is here. Pardon me for mistakes and inaccuracies. If any one can shed more light into the Nilackal incident please do so.The article was taken from Janmabhoomi Daily. This article is not only about a press photographer who took pictures of a very historic and brutal police beating event at Nilackal Temple but also of how history was and is being manipulated against our History.

Nilackal is very close to the very famous Shabarimala, where the world famous Ayyappa Temple is located. Christians claim that in 52 CE st Thomas, a disciple of Christ started a church at Nilackal. In 1983 as part of a well planed operation, the Christian church planted a cross under ground very close to the temple. Then they dugout the implanted cross and stated that the cross was part of an old church which was started by st Thomas and wanted to build a new church there. Then ruling political parties which included Congress (K.Karunakaran) did every thing to help Christians. The Hindu community opposed this and the incidents led to a very dangerous situation. The Hindus, to protest the building of church near the Nilackal Shiva Temple, planed a march on June 3, 1983. There was a very brutal attack by police on the marchers, and lots of Hindus were beaten up. A press photographer of Keralam, Mr. Rajan Poduwal, who was working for Mathrubhoomi daily and who was one of the media persons moved into a Police vehicle for their safety by the Superintend of Police took some pictures and send to his editors. He did this by getting out of the bus and climbing over the bus under very dangerous conditions. He hoped his photographs which were of the Police beating and few people, lying down on the ground unconscious, will fill the front pages of the paper the next day. But that did not happen. His pictures or the news of that brutal beating of Hindus by Police were not published. Now on March 15th edition of Mathrubhoomi weekly those pictures and a note from the photographer was published.

The Janmabhoomi article which I circulated was written about the photographer, the photos, the Nilackal incident, the plated cross etc. Even now some Hindus think the cross found at the location was really the part of the church started by st Thomas, who Christians say is the one who preached Christianity in India in 52 CE. (There is no historic proof for this and there are very clear indications that this can not be true.) How ever this cross founding incident was only a planned drama by the Christians and the investigating police officers has found the truth behind it and that findings were suppressed by the rulers of the time. Those include the rulers at Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram.

The reason for not publishing the news and photographs was that there was a mini emergency imposed by the government. But as per the author, there was no such emergency and the decision not to publish it was done by the publishers themselves.I had few responses from people after reading the article and one of them, from Rajesh Pillai, Head- News Division, ACV news Network, Asianet Satellite Communications Ltd is reproduced bellow.<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]--><!--[endif]-->

Thanks.

Email from Rajesh Pillai starts here: {“Thanks for giving wide publicity to this news item.... I was one among those protestors who participated in this historic movement.... I was arrested from Chengannur on June 6, 1983, three days after the lath charge ...the cruelty of police to the Hindu activists were worse than the treatment that they meted out to political prisoners in the Emergency era. I remember one George who was Sub Inspector in Chengannur police station during that period (who arrested me) stopping his jeep whenever he saw youngsters asking their names and picking up or beating up those who had Hindu names and letting off others. (The day was being observed as a black day by the agitators.)

I still believe that Nilakkal agitation was the only true and effective Hindu resurgence movement in Kerala after the independence. Other than achieving the goal of defeating a well-hatched plot to undermine the importance of Sabarimala temple, it also gave a huge impetus to the Hindu awakening in Kerala in the eighties and nineties. And nothing is complete reg. the Nilakkal agitation without mentioning the role played by Shri Kummanam Rajasekharan, the selfless, down to earth Hindu leader who played a pivotal role in the agitation with the sound support of his organization.

What Mr. Panickar* says about the negative role played by the two major newspapers during the agitation is also true. Not surprisingly, twenty five years later, the anti-Hindu attitude still remains the fascia of mainstream Kerala media.â€} Email from Rajesh ends here.

(*This should be the name of the author of the article, which is Santhosh Boban.)

Sincerely,

Udayabhanu Panickar

aum namaH ShivAya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. --- On Fri, 3/27/09, C.Jayanthi <cjayanthi > wrote:

C.Jayanthi <cjayanthi >Re: [Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitramguruvayur Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 2:00 PM

Dear Sir,

If it is not a bother can you please give us the gist in english as there are a few people like me in this group who cannot read malayalam.

Regards,

Jayanthi

--- On Thu, 3/26/09, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @> wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @>[Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitram"Guruvayur " <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:22 PM

My dear friends Alpam Pazaya Charitram , I don't know how many of you remember the problem we had at Nilackal Temple in the early 1980s.. If people who were old enough to have gone through it can refresh their memories and those who are not familiar with the incident, I mean those who were not old enough to have read about it at that time can familiarize the incident by reading it.Thanks.

Sincerely,

Udayabhanu Panickar

aum namaH ShivAya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.

Guest guest

No they did not. But they are still trying. Sincerely, Udayabhanu Panickar aum namaH ShivAya OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. --- On Sun, 3/29/09, Manoharan <msukumaran wrote:Manoharan <msukumaranRe: [Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitramguruvayur Date: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 12:37 AM

Hare Krishna!

I would like to know, at last the Christians succeeded in making a church at Nilackal, please. Please throw some light on the current situation.

Regards,

Manoharan S

-

Udayabhanu Panickar

guruvayur@grou ps.com

Cc: C.Jayanthi

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:41 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitram

Dear Friends, I apologize to the people who are unable to read Malayalam. A hastily written gist is here. Pardon me for mistakes and inaccuracies. If any one can shed more light into the Nilackal incident please do so.The article was taken from Janmabhoomi Daily. This article is not only about a press photographer who took pictures of a very historic and brutal police beating event at Nilackal Temple but also of how history was and is being manipulated against our History.

Nilackal is very close to the very famous Shabarimala, where the world famous Ayyappa Temple is located. Christians claim that in 52 CE st Thomas , a disciple of Christ started a church at Nilackal. In 1983 as part of a well planed operation, the Christian church planted a cross under ground very close to the temple. Then they dugout the implanted cross and stated that the cross was part of an old church which was started by st Thomas and wanted to build a new church there. Then ruling political parties which included Congress (K.Karunakaran) did every thing to help Christians. The Hindu community opposed this and the incidents led to a very dangerous situation. The Hindus, to protest the building of church near the Nilackal Shiva Temple , planed a march on June 3, 1983. There was a very brutal attack by police on the marchers, and lots of Hindus were beaten up. A press photographer of Keralam, Mr. Rajan Poduwal, who was working for Mathrubhoomi daily and who was one of the media persons moved into a Police vehicle for their safety by the Superintend of Police took some pictures and send to his editors. He did this by getting out of the bus and climbing over the bus under very dangerous conditions. He hoped his photographs which were of the Police beating and few people, lying down on the ground unconscious, will fill the front pages of the paper the next day. But that did not happen. His pictures or the news of that brutal beating of Hindus by Police were not published. Now on March 15th edition of Mathrubhoomi weekly those pictures and a note from the photographer was published.

The Janmabhoomi article which I circulated was written about the photographer, the photos, the Nilackal incident, the plated cross etc. Even now some Hindus think the cross found at the location was really the part of the church started by st Thomas, who Christians say is the one who preached Christianity in India in 52 CE. (There is no historic proof for this and there are very clear indications that this can not be true.) How ever this cross founding incident was only a planned drama by the Christians and the investigating police officers has found the truth behind it and that findings were suppressed by the rulers of the time. Those include the rulers at Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram..

The reason for not publishing the news and photographs was that there was a mini emergency imposed by the government. But as per the author, there was no such emergency and the decision not to publish it was done by the publishers themselves.I had few responses from people after reading the article and one of them, from Rajesh Pillai, Head- News Division, ACV news Network, Asianet Satellite Communications Ltd is reproduced bellow.<!--[if !supportLineBreakNe wLine]--><!--[endif]-->

Thanks.

Email from Rajesh Pillai starts here: {“Thanks for giving wide publicity to this news item.... I was one among those protestors who participated in this historic movement.... I was arrested from Chengannur on June 6, 1983, three days after the lath charge ...the cruelty of police to the Hindu activists were worse than the treatment that they meted out to political prisoners in the Emergency era. I remember one George who was Sub Inspector in Chengannur police station during that period (who arrested me) stopping his jeep whenever he saw youngsters asking their names and picking up or beating up those who had Hindu names and letting off others. (The day was being observed as a black day by the agitators.)

I still believe that Nilakkal agitation was the only true and effective Hindu resurgence movement in Kerala after the independence. Other than achieving the goal of defeating a well-hatched plot to undermine the importance of Sabarimala temple, it also gave a huge impetus to the Hindu awakening in Kerala in the eighties and nineties. And nothing is complete reg. the Nilakkal agitation without mentioning the role played by Shri Kummanam Rajasekharan, the selfless, down to earth Hindu leader who played a pivotal role in the agitation with the sound support of his organization.

What Mr. Panickar* says about the negative role played by the two major newspapers during the agitation is also true. Not surprisingly, twenty five years later, the anti-Hindu attitude still remains the fascia of mainstream Kerala media.â€} Email from Rajesh ends here.

(*This should be the name of the author of the article, which is Santhosh Boban.)

Sincerely,

Udayabhanu Panickar

aum namaH ShivAya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. --- On Fri, 3/27/09, C.Jayanthi <cjayanthi > wrote:

C.Jayanthi <cjayanthi >Re: [Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitramguruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, March 27, 2009, 2:00 PM

Dear Sir,

If it is not a bother can you please give us the gist in english as there are a few people like me in this group who cannot read malayalam.

Regards,

Jayanthi

--- On Thu, 3/26/09, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @> wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar @..com>[Guruvayur] Alpam Pazaya Charitram"Guruvayur " <guruvayur@grou ps.com>Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:22 PM

My dear friends Alpam Pazaya Charitram , I don't know how many of you remember the problem we had at Nilackal Temple in the early 1980s.. If people who were old enough to have gone through it can refresh their memories and those who are not familiar with the incident, I mean those who were not old enough to have read about it at that time can familiarize the incident by reading it.Thanks.

Sincerely,

Udayabhanu Panickar

aum namaH ShivAya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.