IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Father and little girl

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all, A father and his little five year old went for a walk. They reached near a river and they had to cross the shallow river to get to the beautiful park. Father told the lttle girl:

" Please hold my hand tightly so that while crossing the river, you will not be carried away by the small and big currents. "

Then the little girl innocently told him:

" In case I leave your hand, I will be swept away in the current. So father, you hold my hand. If you hold me, I know you would never let me go becasue you care for me so much and you are so strong. "

Saying thus she stretched her little hand towards him with complete trust.

Father was a spiritually inclined soul and immediately a lightning thought went through his mind. What this innocent little girl told is the highest truth in the spiritual world also. During a casual conversation, she taught me the greatest truth. He thought:

" This is the trust I should put in God. If I stretch my hands to Him, who is the father of the whole Universe, he will hold it and never let my hand go from His hand. He remembered the story of Gajendra, Draupadi and King Ambarisha. Bhagavan told Durvasas Maharshi that He was a slave of His devotees - " aham bhaktha paradheena: " and so Durvasas had to go to Amabarisha and request to retrieve the Sudarshanam coming after him. If we surrender completely to Him, no matter what happens, he will never leave us. "

He held her daughter's hand and crossed the river safely. This was the same concept he read a few days ago about Nyaayaas. Markkata Nyaayam and Maarjaara Nyaayam shows the difference between the bhaavam of a devotee. Baby monkey (markkata) holds the mother monkey while they are travelling and by any chance, if the baby monkey looses the grip, it will fall. But a mother cat (marjaara) holds the baby in it's mouth (with out hurting it) and when it reaches it's destination, slowly puts it down. In this case, the mother cat takes the responsibility and takes care of the baby cat irrespective of it's strength or capability. So Maarjaara Nyaayam gives sure protection.

Even though his little girl was too young to understand the deep meaning of how baby cats and baby monkeys are carried by their mothers, he explained how they were different and why her idea of him holding her hand was better than his idea. While returning, father held the little hand of his daughter firmly and crossed the river safely. During the evening prayer , father, mother and the little girl stretched their arms towards their Ishtadevatha and said the prayer:

Thvameva maatha cha pitaa thvameva

thvameva bandhuscha sakhaa thvmaeva

thvameva vidyaa dravinaam thvameva

thvameva sarvam mama deva deva

They firmly believed that they were perfectly safe in the hands of the parents of the Universe!.

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Guest guest

Pranamam Savithriji,

I have no words to express my thanks to you for sharing the story "Father and little girl'

Thank you so much

With Prayers

Jayasankar --- On Fri, 8/5/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Father and little girlFriday, 8 May, 2009, 4:11 PM

Dear all, A father and his little five year old went for a walk. They reached near a river and they had to cross the shallow river to get to the beautiful park. Father told the lttle girl:

"Please hold my hand tightly so that while crossing the river, you will not be carried away by the small and big currents."

Then the little girl innocently told him:

"In case I leave your hand, I will be swept away in the current. So father, you hold my hand. If you hold me, I know you would never let me go becasue you care for me so much and you are so strong."

Saying thus she stretched her little hand towards him with complete trust.

Father was a spiritually inclined soul and immediately a lightning thought went through his mind. What this innocent little girl told is the highest truth in the spiritual world also. During a casual conversation, she taught me the greatest truth. He thought:

" This is the trust I should put in God. If I stretch my hands to Him, who is the father of the whole Universe, he will hold it and never let my hand go from His hand. He remembered the story of Gajendra, Draupadi and King Ambarisha. Bhagavan told Durvasas Maharshi that He was a slave of His devotees -"aham bhaktha paradheena:" and so Durvasas had to go to Amabarisha and request to retrieve the Sudarshanam coming after him. If we surrender completely to Him, no matter what happens, he will never leave us."

He held her daughter's hand and crossed the river safely. This was the same concept he read a few days ago about Nyaayaas. Markkata Nyaayam and Maarjaara Nyaayam shows the difference between the bhaavam of a devotee. Baby monkey (markkata) holds the mother monkey while they are travelling and by any chance, if the baby monkey looses the grip, it will fall. But a mother cat (marjaara) holds the baby in it's mouth (with out hurting it) and when it reaches it's destination, slowly puts it down. In this case, the mother cat takes the responsibility and takes care of the baby cat irrespective of it's strength or capability. So Maarjaara Nyaayam gives sure protection.

Even though his little girl was too young to understand the deep meaning of how baby cats and baby monkeys are carried by their mothers, he explained how they were different and why her idea of him holding her hand was better than his idea. While returning, father held the little hand of his daughter firmly and crossed the river safely. During the evening prayer , father, mother and the little girl stretched their arms towards their Ishtadevatha and said the prayer:

Thvameva maatha cha pitaa thvameva

thvameva bandhuscha sakhaa thvmaeva

thvameva vidyaa dravinaam thvameva

thvameva sarvam mama deva deva

They firmly believed that they were perfectly safe in the hands of the parents of the Universe!.

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Edition * Click here!