IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Before and after

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

Once a disciple asked his Guru, agreat sage of the past,  an unusual question. The question was how the master experienced life before he became an enlightened soul and how is it different after realising The Truth. It was a difficult question to answer.

Guru thought for a while and said: " I will put it in a few simple words. Before also I did everything that I am doing now. The only difference is in my attitude. Now I live in the present. Before, I always did everything either thinking of the past or thinking of what will happen in the future. In short, I never experienced life because I was absent in the present. Now I am experiencing life by being present in the present. "

Guru continued by saying how King Janaka lived the life of a king governing his country in a perfect way and at the same time he was a Jeevanmuktha. He lived with detachment to the past and future and enjoyed the present to the fullest. All the energy ordinary people spend in anticipation, anxiety etc were directed towards what he was doing at that moment. Because of the uninterrupted flow of the positive energy, everything he did was a perfect success. King Janaka's life helped me realize the powerful presence of God in the present. If we do this we will experience the presence of God or Sat-chit-anandam.

Disciple asked another question: " How can I achieve the power to live only in the present? "

Guru told: " It is simple. When ever the thoughts of past and future come, tell yourself that you cannot change the past and you have no control over your future. The only thing possible is to do your best in the present and leave everything to Lord. You will slowly start feeling the guiding presence of God in everything you do and that is called bliss! "

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Guest guest

Really great!Hantha Bhagyam Jananam!Savitri Puram <savitriopuramSaturday, May 9, 2009 8:00:37 AM[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Before and after

Dear all,

Once a disciple asked his Guru, agreat sage of the past, an unusual question. The question was how the master experienced life before he became an enlightened soul and how is it different after realising The Truth. It was a difficult question to answer.

Guru thought for a while and said: "I will put it in a few simple words. Before also I did everything that I am doing now. The only difference is in my attitude. Now I live in the present. Before, I always did everything either thinking of the past or thinking of what will happen in the future. In short, I never experienced life because I was absent in the present. Now I am experiencing life by being present in the present. "

Guru continued by saying how King Janaka lived the life of a king governing his country in a perfect way and at the same time he was a Jeevanmuktha. He lived with detachment to the past and future and enjoyed the present to the fullest. All the energy ordinary people spend in anticipation, anxiety etc were directed towards what he was doing at that moment. Because of the uninterrupted flow of the positive energy, everything he did was a perfect success. King Janaka's life helped me realize the powerful presence of God in the present. If we do this we will experience the presence of God or Sat-chit-anandam.

Disciple asked another question: "How can I achieve the power to live only in the present?"

Guru told: "It is simple. When ever the thoughts of past and future come, tell yourself that you cannot change the past and you have no control over your future. The only thing possible is to do your best in the present and leave everything to Lord. You will slowly start feeling the guiding presence of God in everything you do and that is called bliss!"

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Guest guest

Thank you Savatriji,

This is indeed a very beautiful story,with a very good moral.This story will really help us in such turbulant times.

Best Regards

Harish

--- On Sun, 5/10/09, Viswanathan K <kvichu2000 wrote:

Viswanathan K <kvichu2000Re: [Guruvayur] Namasthe- Before and afterguruvayur Date: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 12:06 AM

Really great!Hantha Bhagyam Jananam!

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>Saturday, May 9, 2009 8:00:37 AM[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Before and after

Dear all,

Once a disciple asked his Guru, agreat sage of the past, an unusual question. The question was how the master experienced life before he became an enlightened soul and how is it different after realising The Truth. It was a difficult question to answer.

Guru thought for a while and said: "I will put it in a few simple words. Before also I did everything that I am doing now. The only difference is in my attitude. Now I live in the present. Before, I always did everything either thinking of the past or thinking of what will happen in the future. In short, I never experienced life because I was absent in the present. Now I am experiencing life by being present in the present. "

Guru continued by saying how King Janaka lived the life of a king governing his country in a perfect way and at the same time he was a Jeevanmuktha. He lived with detachment to the past and future and enjoyed the present to the fullest. All the energy ordinary people spend in anticipation, anxiety etc were directed towards what he was doing at that moment. Because of the uninterrupted flow of the positive energy, everything he did was a perfect success. King Janaka's life helped me realize the powerful presence of God in the present. If we do this we will experience the presence of God or Sat-chit-anandam.

Disciple asked another question: "How can I achieve the power to live only in the present?"

Guru told: "It is simple. When ever the thoughts of past and future come, tell yourself that you cannot change the past and you have no control over your future. The only thing possible is to do your best in the present and leave everything to Lord. You will slowly start feeling the guiding presence of God in everything you do and that is called bliss!"

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri