IndiaDivine.org

Mahabharata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhaktas,

Namaskarams !!!

I am reading Mahabharta (once again) during this summer holidays, with my children. I want to share few interesting points which I observed now only !!!!!

What (final words, soon after the great war) beautiful words from Sri Krishna to Yudhistra!!!!!!

"You have enemies left to kill yet - enemies that are within your own being. Oh righteous king, there are two types of illness in this world - physical and mental - of whom each support the other. Phlegm, bile and wind are elements of the body and should be in harmony to keep the body healthy. Similarly, virtue, passion and disgust, the elements of human beings, have to maintain balance to keep the mind healthy....... At this moment, you have to keep your mental balance. Do not drown yourself in sorrow. Do not be too jubiliant. Be objective. Banish your personal desires and with a steady heart, rule your ancestral province righteously."

".... desire can never be abandoned. Better to direct your desires towards doing good by performing Yajnas. Achieve something fruitful on earth by performing the great Yagnas. That would be of benefit to you even in your next life."

Everytime I read it, I find something new - some new inspiration from Mahabharata!!!!

Dr. Hari

Om Snathi Om Santhi Om Santhi