IndiaDivine.org

A different Bhagavathamritham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste!The email about the TV show Bhagavathamritham prompted me to write this;  however, on a slightly different subject.

Swami Sidhinathananda has written a book entitled Bhagavathamritham in Malayalam covering the complete purana of Srimad Bhagavatham.  The book was first published in 1974 and has about 900 pages.  It is published by Ramakrishna Mission, Puranattukara near Trichur, Kerala, India. 

This book is a wonderful condensation of the original and the language is literally poetic though it is in prose.   If you know Malayalam and do not have the time to read the original or the commentary by Pandit Gopalan Nair this is the book I would recommend.  I wish somebody who is equally fluent in Malayalam and English translated it into English.  He has written the essence of the original slokas in prose that is poetic.  I can probably write more about the book but I conclude paying my obeisance to Swami Sidhinathananda for his wonderful contribution to the Bhagavatah literature.

Hari Om!Chith Puram