Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranamam Savitriji,

You are 100% right Savitriji.

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkar

--- On Tue, 12/5/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur]we dont need Mothers dayguruvayur Date: Tuesday, 12 May, 2009, 2:25 AM

Dear Muraliji,

Setting aside a day to respect mother, father, sister or brother may be viewed in a positive way, even if we are taking care of them everyday. I read about why we celebrate the auspicious days like avathaar days like ashtami rohini, nrusimha jayanthi etc. Main reason is to think more on that day and to contemplate about the greatness of the avathaar and what it teaches us. The same way vrathaas are observed to spend the whole time thinking of God. It does not mean that we should pray only that day. But if the society celebrates, even the less fortunate who does not pray everyday is reminded and becomes fortunate to pray that day. Of course the person who prays everyday probably wants to spend more time contemplating HIs glories. And in spite of the big celebration, there may be some people who are not interested at all.

Because of the nuclear family concept and society's inclination towards individualism, we see lot of changes all over the world and things are not the same as it was 20 years ago. Change is inevitable. In India also we can see changes. So setting aside a day to respect mother or father may be a good idea. In North India they have a day called Raksha Bandhan to reinforce the relationship between brother and sister. So, may be we can take it as a day to reinforce the importance of the role of a mother in one's life and how much we owe her for what we are.

I am not saying that we need a mother's day to remember our mother. This is just another way to look at it and use it to enrich our feelings towards mother. To be honest with you, I did think about my late mother yesterday much more than everyday. Before I start my day, I do namaskar and think of my parents every single day. But just because people around me were celebrating Mother's day I thought about her so much.

I did not write these words to invite a controversial discussion. Just expressed how I would like to view this as one more opportunity to think and contemplate on my prathyksha daivam.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:32 AM, murali raji <rajimurali9@ .co. uk> wrote:

hi all,

we are always taking caring of our mother .but westerners are thinking about their mother on mothers day only.they are taking their mother to restarents on mothers day and giving them good food with bounquet.In london all hotels are working till 11pm on mothers day.and mothers have to wait till next mothers day to see their son.we dont have such a culture so we dont need mothersday.

am i correct?

rajimurali9--- On Sun, 10/5/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com> wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] MotherSunday, 10 May, 2009, 5:23 PM

Dear all,

I am forwarding this mother's day quotes with feelings beyond words.

Posted by: "jabalimuni" jabalimuni jabalimuni Sat May 9, 2009 5:37 am (PDT)

Mother the real God on earth

Mother's day is the fitting occasion to recaptulate how great and wonderful the mother is though all through our life we regard her and give her the unique place in the family.If you want to bring a sparkle to mom's eye, share these Mother's Day quotes with your mother. After all, Mother's Day will be here before you know it and you want to make sure mom understands just how important she is to you. She's the only person in the world you could never have lived without ' literally. These Mother's Day quotes go out to all of the mothers,considered to be REAL GODS on the earth...

1. "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." ~ Honore de Balzac

2. "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~ Tenneva Jordan

3. "Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, Or kiss the place to make it well? My mother."~ Ann Taylor

4. "No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you -- life." ~ Author Unknown

5. "A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking." ~ Helen Rice

6. "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." ~George Washington

7. "Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."~ Marion C. Garretty

8."A MOTHER is a mother still, The holiest thing alive" ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

9. "The MOTHER loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him with comfort and anticipates his wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his best." ~Hamilton Wright Mabie

10. "In the eyes of its mother every beetle is a gazelle." ~ Moroccan proverb

11. A man's work is from sun to sun, but a MOTHER's work is never done. ~Author Unknown

12. "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." ~ Washington Irving

13.A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his MOTHER the longest. ~Irish Proverb14.My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon15.I remember my MOTHER's prayersand they have always followed me.They have clung to me all my life.~Abraham Lincoln

16. God made a wonderful MOTHER,A mother who never grows old;He made her smile of the sunshine,And He molded her heart of pure gold;In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,In her cheeks,fair roses you see;God made a wonderful mother,And He gave that dear mother to me."

17.Hundreds of dew drops to greet the dawn,Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,Hundreds of butterflies in the lawn,But only ONE MOTHER the world over.~George Cooper

18.On Mother's Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You're my MOTHER, I would have no other! ~Forest Houtenschil

19.Who fed me from her gentle breastAnd hushed me in her arms to rest,And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?My MOTHER.~Anne Taylor

20.If I had a single flower for every time I think about MOTHER, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi

21."A MOTHER understands what a child does not say." ~Unknown

It's true what they say -- we should honor our mothers every day of the year, not just on Mother's Day. If life has taken you by surprise and time seems to be flying by faster than you can catch it, sometimes mom is the one who gets put on the back burner. Let's get back in touch with how important she really is by reflecting on the Mother's Day quotes above.4:04 PM 5/9/2009

Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Edition * Click here!