IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Muchukunda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

As mentioned in the story of Maamdhaatha, Muchukunda was one of the three sons of Maamdhaatha and Indumathi. He was a very powerful king and even Indra desired his friendship. Once Devaas were thoroughly defeated in a battle with Asuraas. Devendra begged Muchukunda for help.

Muchukunda agreed and the war lasted for a long time. Devaas did not have an able commander for a long time and until they got an able commander like Kaarthikeya, ( Lord Shiva's son) King Muchukunda had to protect them from the atrocities of Asuraas. One year of Devaas is equivalent to 365 years of people on earth. By the time Muchukunda's mission was over, a long time was elapsed on earth and all his kingdom and family had disappeared from the earth. Devaas felt very bad for King Muchukunda and told him to ask for any boon other than salvation. 

Muchukunda was deprived of sleep for several years and he was extremely tired and sleepy. So he told the Devaas : " Oh Devaas, the only thing I want to do now is to sleep.  No one should disturb me and any one who disturbs my sleep should be burnt to ashes. Please bless me with this boon. "

Devaas gave the boon and Muchukunda came back to earth and selected a cave situated not far from Mathura. He slept there for yugas. We will come back to Muchukunda after meeting Jarasandha and Kaalayavana.

Regards and prayers

Savitri.