Guest guest

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing

observation.

Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye-

passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of

the temple.

No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section

at the temple.

Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?

But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money

earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of

Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow

this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan

& the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of

the group should decide to take this up or not.

I strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct

and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

Guest guest

Has Kalipurusha started entering Sri Guruvayurappan sannadhi also?Sri Krishna! Please Save the devotees from these middlemenDevotees do not need any agent .The longer one waits there, the more the exposure to His Kataksha Veekshayam!.Hantha Bhagyam Jananam!kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001guruvayur Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 1:33:08 AM[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation.

Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.

No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple.

But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.

I strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

Guest guest

namo narayana

I was listening to a lecture by a senior Vaishnava acharya, who said that those people who use unfair means such a bribing, using VIP status, pushing other devotees from the line, and being unkind to old people, women and children in queue manage only to "see" the diety, in famous temples like tirupati, guruvayoor etc

However after all their efforts, they can just see the diety in the materially manifested idol form only. They might be "happy" to have seen the Lord, but the real question is the Lord happy to see them?

After all what matters more, our happiness or the Lord's happiness?

However the true bhaktas of the Lord always want others to have His darshan first. They put their service as servant of the servants of the Lord (Daasanu daasan) and hence patiently wait their turn in order for Him to see them without causing the slightest inconvinence to the Lords devotees.

The pass their wait by chanting His naamams and in the end even for a short few seconds, when the bhaktas come before the Lord , the Lord is happy to see His true bhaktas

The lecture said, that this is the spirit of Vaikuntham, where true devotees want to serve the other devotees and put the other devotees before themselves in order to please the Lord.

Afterall, it is said that the service to the servants of the Lord pleases the Lord even more than when the service is done to Him.

Furthermore we all know what happens when we mistreat His bhaktas which is perhaps elaborated to the extreme in case of Prahlad, who was the best of the bhaktas.

From what I learned from the lecture is to be a servant of the devotees not only in name but in word and deed too, being humble and patient to see His dharshan, by being clean not only by bathing before I go to the temple but by not throwing refuse in the temple premises, by refusing to bribe anyone for special dharshan and prasadam, by not indulging in idle gossip and politics in the temple.

I hope that we shall all try to please the Lord and not try to just please ourselves, the next time we visit His abodes.

Daasanu dasan

Kamlesh

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001 wrote:

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 4:33 AM

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation. Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple. Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.I

strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

Guest guest

This reminds me of a saying I recently read -

It is not that important for you to see God ...But it is very important for God

to see you..

Let us do a lot of good Karma so that God may see us.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil.

guruvayur , veryytterium wrote:

>

>

> namo narayana

>  

> I was listening to a lecture by a senior Vaishnava acharya, who said that

those people who use unfair means such a bribing, using VIP status, pushing

other devotees from the line, and being unkind to old people, women and children

in queue manage only to " see " the diety, in famous temples like tirupati,

guruvayoor etc

> However after all their efforts,  they can just see the diety in the

materially manifested idol form only. They might be " happy " to have seen the

Lord, but the real question is the Lord happy to see them?

>  

> After all what matters more, our happiness or the Lord's happiness?

>  

> However the true bhaktas of the Lord always want others to have His darshan

first. They put their service as servant of the servants of the Lord (Daasanu

daasan) and hence patiently wait their turn in order for Him to see them without

causing the slightest inconvinence to the Lords devotees.

> The pass their wait by chanting His naamams and in the end  even for a short

few seconds, when the  bhaktas come before the Lord , the Lord  is happy to see

His true bhaktas

>  

> The lecture said, that this is the spirit of Vaikuntham, where true devotees

want to serve the other devotees and put the other devotees before themselves in

order to please the Lord.

>  

> Afterall, it is said that the service to the  servants of the Lord pleases the

Lord even more than when the service is done to Him.

> Furthermore we all know what happens when we mistreat His bhaktas which is

perhaps elaborated to the extreme in case of  Prahlad, who was the best of the

bhaktas.

>  

> From what I learned from the lecture is to be a servant of the devotees not

only in name but in word and deed too, being humble and patient to see His

dharshan, by being clean not only by bathing before I go to the temple but by

not throwing refuse in the temple premises, by refusing to bribe anyone for

special dharshan and prasadam, by not indulging in idle gossip and politics in

the temple.

>  

> I hope that we shall all try to please the Lord and not try to just please

ourselves, the next time we visit His abodes.

>  

> Daasanu dasan

> Kamlesh

>

>

> --- On Fri, 5/15/09, kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001 wrote:

>

>

> kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001

> [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

> guruvayur

> Friday, May 15, 2009, 4:33 AM

>

>

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing

observation.

>

> Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye-

passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of

the temple.

> No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a

section at the temple.

>

> Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?

>

> But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money

earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of

Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow

this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

>

> But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple,

Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned

Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.

>

> I strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not

correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

>

Guest guest

à´žà´™àµà´™à´³àµà´Ÿàµ† കടാകàµà´·à´‚ à´•à´£àµà´£à´¨à´¿à´²àµâ€ പതിഞàµà´žà´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ à´•à´£àµà´£à´¨àµ†à´¨àµà´¤àµ കാരàµà´¯à´‚? à´žà´™àµà´™à´³à´¿à´²àµâ€ à´•à´£àµà´£à´¨àµà´±àµ† കടാകàµà´·à´‚ പതിഞàµà´žà´¾à´²àµ‹? പിനàµà´¨àµ† à´žà´™àµà´™à´³àµâ€à´•àµà´•àµÂ  മറàµà´±àµ†à´¨àµà´¤àµ കാരàµà´¯à´‚?

Savitri

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:33 AM, kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001 wrote:

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation. Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.

No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple. Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.

I strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

Guest guest

I was surprised to learn about the payment for special darsan and on our visit as I mentioned that someone obliged us to see the Lord without standing for hours in the queue I wonder whether the Lord Guruvayurappan has willed that we join such agroup wh have paid rs.500 but i doubt it because we had to stand some distance away from the main entrance which took u about half an hour to reach teh manin gate.I also used to feel when I was younger when we go to Tirupathi that one should only stand in the dharmadharsana queue and should not pay money to have special darsan. But when one gets older and the body becomes weaker it is only possible to have the darsan making use of some special darsan methods.But in Tirupathi even special darsana have become long now though they provide seats here and there. Whenyou approach near the sannidhi there is

such a jostling crowd nothing short of a stampede and people like us could not manage at all which is why I gave up all idea of going to Thitupathi anymore telling the Lord that I am quite satisifed wuith His presence in my pooja room.Afte all He is there where you want Him to be. Ofcourse in Guruvayur there is more orderliness in the people stnding in the queue and there is not much pushing and jostlin as in other places.And there is also a senior citizens queue from 6 to 8 in the mornings nad from 4to 6 in the evening.OUr problem was that we did not know the timngs and missed that.Ans aldo we should have gone in the off season ,that is avoiding the public holidays and school holidays.I also feel that as long as the Lord has seen you it does not mattwer whether you are able to see Him or not. When we went there in the evneing I told my husband that it is enough that we were able to have a darsan from outside however patial it is because the Lord

would have seen us even if we could not see Him. But has the Lord ever ceases to see us?He is always seeing us and the very fact hat we are living a normal life is the proof of that as Valmiiki says , 'yascha ramam na pasyeth thu yam cha ramo na paSyathi nindhithaH sa bhaveth loke svaathmaapyenam vigarhahe..'

saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 2:03 PM

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation. Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple. Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.I

strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

Guest guest

i too visited the temple this week with my 69 year old mother from chennai.we went there a little after 8 a.m.thequeue was pretty long.we saw some people entering through side gates.we too requested the staff there for an entry for which he said we approach the manager for that purpose.so i took my mother up the stairs to the manager s room and pleaded with him ,but he said we can have the darshan only at 11.30.but we saw so many young and middleaged people going throygh the sidegates, bypassing the queue.so we had to wait for an hour and by the grace of lord Narayana,we could have a good darshan.though my mom was tired ,was happy to see the Lord.this is the way the temple authorities are doing athyachar..kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001guruvayur Sent: Friday, 15 May, 2009 2:03:08 PM[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation.

Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.

No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple.

But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Guest guest

K.Haridasan

This I am mailing to the notice of the Devotees. While I was away on Auditing duty to Coimbatore, some of my friends were planning to go to Guruvayoor. This happened some two or three years ago. Then I told them that unlike Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh where they have the system of getting special darshan tickets by paying extra money, there are no special tickets available in Kerala Temples. Then one of the staff told me "They used to pay money to the Devaswom People standing near the exit point" and get into the temple to have quick darshan. I was actually taken aback to hear this. With the connivance of the Devaswom Staff this was going on, it seems. Either the higher ups there were purposely closing their eyes towards this or were purposely were a party to this. Greecing the Staff and getting into the que to have quick darshan is not an appropriate to be allowed. I REQUEST

THE AUTHORITIES TO LOOK INTO THIS AND PREVENT THIS AT THE GRASS ROOT LEVEL..

Haridasan Kizhakkilot--- On Sat, 16/5/09, Jana Ravi <jayaar2008 wrote:

Jana Ravi <jayaar2008Re: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur Date: Saturday, 16 May, 2009, 2:28 PM

i too visited the temple this week with my 69 year old mother from chennai.we went there a little after 8 a.m.thequeue was pretty long.we saw some people entering through side gates.we too requested the staff there for an entry for which he said we approach the manager for that purpose.so i took my mother up the stairs to the manager s room and pleaded with him ,but he said we can have the darshan only at 11.30.but we saw so many young and middleaged people going throygh the sidegates, bypassing the queue.so we had to wait for an hour and by the grace of lord Narayana,we could have a good darshan.though my mom was tired ,was happy to see the Lord.this is the way the temple authorities are doing athyachar.

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001@ .co. in>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, 15 May, 2009 2:03:08 PM[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

I am equally shocked to hear about this atrocity going on in " Bhooloka-vaikuntam " !    When I went last time, I got into the square where a few senior citizens were standing.   After a few minutes, a member of the security force came and roughed me up, and I felt as though I was reminded of the Jaya-Vijaya episode when the Sanaka brothers visited Vaikuntam.      I was made to wait there in spite of sending in the other senior citizens.   After an hour or so, I was let in.   I still do not know the reason.   I compromised myself with the situation and remained calm, as there is no use of arguing with such people.    

As regards Tirupathi, my experience is the same as respected Sarojaji's and I too have taken a decision to worship Venkateswara Perumal and Alamelu Mangal only from home or at the Radhakrishna Temple at Bangalore.   

I strongly feel that we should rush a letter to

Guruvayur Devaswom CommissionerSarada Muraleedharan, I.A.SSecretary to GovernmentCultural affairs departmentGovt. SecretariatThiruvananthapuram

who, being an IAS officer may be in a mood to take it up with the anti-corruption dept and do the needful.   It would be carrying better weightage if the letter goes from the Moderator, Guruvayur , rather than an individual like me and hence I am making this request to Sunilji to do the needful.

Regards

KVG.

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 wrote:

I was surprised to learn about the payment for special darsan and on our visit as I mentioned that someone obliged us to see the Lord without standing for hours in the queue I wonder whether  the Lord Guruvayurappan has willed that we join such agroup wh have paid rs.500 but i doubt it because  we had to stand some distance away from the main entrance which took u about half an hour to reach teh manin gate.I also used to feel when I was younger when we go to Tirupathi that one should only stand in the dharmadharsana queue and should not pay money to have special darsan. But when one gets older and the body becomes weaker it is only possible to have the darsan making use of some special darsan methods.But in Tirupathi even special darsana have become long now though they provide seats here and there. Whenyou approach near the sannidhi there is such a jostling crowd nothing short of a stampede and people like us could not manage at all which is why I gave up all idea of going to Thitupathi anymore telling the Lord that I am quite satisifed wuith His presence in my pooja room.Afte all He is there where you want Him to be. Ofcourse in Guruvayur there is more orderliness in the people stnding in the queue and there is not much pushing and jostlin as in other places.And there is also a senior citizens queue from 6 to 8 in the mornings nad from 4to 6 in the evening.OUr problem was that we did not know the timngs and missed that.Ans aldo we should have gone in the off season ,that is avoiding the public holidays and school holidays.I also feel that as long as the Lord has seen you it does not mattwer whether you are able to see Him or not.  When we went there in the evneing I told my husband that it is enough that we were able to have a darsan from outside however patial it is because the Lord would have seen us even if we could not see Him. But has the Lord ever ceases to see us?He is always seeing us and the very fact hat we are living a normal life is the proof of that as Valmiiki says , 'yascha ramam na pasyeth thu yam cha ramo na paSyathi nindhithaH sa bhaveth loke svaathmaapyenam vigarhahe..'

saroja Ramanujam

Dr.  Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit. 

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

http://www.geocities.com/sarojram18

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

guruvayur Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 2:03 PM

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation. Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.

No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple. Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Gopalakrishna,

Thank you for suggesting the right measure to our group.

As for Tirupathi Darshan, It is found that if we go through the Andra Pradesh Tourism's special Balaji Darshan Package, ( Costing approximatelly 1500/- per person) from Bangalore, they take care of our convinience to a greater extent without much of push & pull, one is able to have a few seconds darshan of Lord Balaji. This is my personal experience and as well as the experience of many friends. K.Krishnakumar

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvguruvayur Sent: Sunday, 17 May, 2009 12:14:43 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

I am equally shocked to hear about this atrocity going on in "Bhooloka-vaikuntam"! When I went last time, I got into the square where a few senior citizens were standing. After a few minutes, a member of the security force came and roughed me up, and I felt as though I was reminded of the Jaya-Vijaya episode when the Sanaka brothers visited Vaikuntam. I was made to wait there in spite of sending in the other senior citizens. After an hour or so, I was let in. I still do not know the reason. I compromised myself with the situation and remained calm, as there is no use of arguing with such people.

As regards Tirupathi, my experience is the same as respected Sarojaji's and I too have taken a decision to worship Venkateswara Perumal and Alamelu Mangal only from home or at the Radhakrishna Temple at Bangalore.

I strongly feel that we should rush a letter to

Guruvayur Devaswom CommissionerSarada Muraleedharan, I.A.SSecretary to GovernmentCultural affairs departmentGovt. SecretariatThiruvananthapuram

who, being an IAS officer may be in a mood to take it up with the anti-corruption dept and do the needful. It would be carrying better weightage if the letter goes from the Moderator, Guruvayur , rather than an individual like me and hence I am making this request to Sunilji to do the needful.

Regards

KVG.

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Saroja Ramanujam <sarojram18 > wrote:

I was surprised to learn about the payment for special darsan and on our visit as I mentioned that someone obliged us to see the Lord without standing for hours in the queue I wonder whether the Lord Guruvayurappan has willed that we join such agroup wh have paid rs.500 but i doubt it because we had to stand some distance away from the main entrance which took u about half an hour to reach teh manin gate.I also used to feel when I was younger when we go to Tirupathi that one should only stand in the dharmadharsana queue and should not pay money to have special darsan. But when one gets older and the body becomes weaker it is only possible to have the darsan making use of some special darsan methods.But in Tirupathi even special darsana have become long now though they provide seats here and there. Whenyou approach near the sannidhi there is such a jostling crowd nothing short of a stampede and people like us could not manage at all which

is why I gave up all idea of going to Thitupathi anymore telling the Lord that I am quite satisifed wuith His presence in my pooja room.Afte all He is there where you want Him to be. Ofcourse in Guruvayur there is more orderliness in the people stnding in the queue and there is not much pushing and jostlin as in other places.And there is also a senior citizens queue from 6 to 8 in the mornings nad from 4to 6 in the evening.OUr problem was that we did not know the timngs and missed that.Ans aldo we should have gone in the off season ,that is avoiding the public holidays and school holidays.I also feel that as long as the Lord has seen you it does not mattwer whether you are able to see Him or not. When we went there in the evneing I told my husband that it is enough that we were able to have a darsan from outside however patial it is because the Lord would have seen us even if we could not see Him. But has the Lord ever ceases to see us?He is

always seeing us and the very fact hat we are living a normal life is the proof of that as Valmiiki says , 'yascha ramam na pasyeth thu yam cha ramo na paSyathi nindhithaH sa bhaveth loke svaathmaapyenam vigarhahe..'

saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs. com/asrama3

http://www.geocitie s.com/sarojram18

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001@ .co. in> wrote:

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001@ .co. in>[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, May 15, 2009, 2:03 PM

Guest guest

Not a good precedent and needs to be nipped in the bud itself.Devasom employees are Govt employees ,I suppose and hence the Govt should be asked to take action against the corrupt officials.Regards,

Rajiv Warrier

guruvayur From: isharidas58Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 20:24:19 +0530Re: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

K.Haridasan

This I am mailing to the notice of the Devotees. While I was away on Auditing duty to Coimbatore, some of my friends were planning to go to Guruvayoor. This happened some two or three years ago. Then I told them that unlike Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh where they have the system of getting special darshan tickets by paying extra money, there are no special tickets available in Kerala Temples. Then one of the staff told me "They used to pay money to the Devaswom People standing near the exit point" and get into the temple to have quick darshan. I was actually taken aback to hear this. With the connivance of the Devaswom Staff this was going on, it seems. Either the higher ups there were purposely closing their eyes towards this or were purposely were a party to this. Greecing the Staff and getting into the que to have quick darshan is not an appropriate to be allowed. I REQUEST THE AUTHORITIES TO LOOK INTO THIS AND PREVENT THIS AT THE GRASS ROOT LEVEL..

Haridasan Kizhakkilot--- On Sat, 16/5/09, Jana Ravi <jayaar2008 (AT) (DOT) in> wrote:

Jana Ravi <jayaar2008 (AT) (DOT) in>Re: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur Date: Saturday, 16 May, 2009, 2:28 PM

i too visited the temple this week with my 69 year old mother from chennai.we went there a little after 8 a.m.thequeue was pretty long.we saw some people entering through side gates.we too requested the staff there for an entry for which he said we approach the manager for that purpose.so i took my mother up the stairs to the manager s room and pleaded with him ,but he said we can have the darshan only at 11.30.but we saw so many young and middleaged people going throygh the sidegates, bypassing the queue.so we had to wait for an hour and by the grace of lord Narayana,we could have a good darshan.though my mom was tired ,was happy to see the Lord.this is the way the temple authorities are doing athyachar.

kkrishnakumar2001 <kkrishnakumar2001@ .co. in>guruvayur@grou ps.comFriday, 15 May, 2009 2:03:08 PM[Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

I returned today from visiting Guruvayur & I want to share a disturbing observation. Pay Rs.500/- per person and take Quick darshan of LORD GURUVAYURAPPAN, bye- passing the Que-outside which should take a few hours to reach the foot step of the temple.No. This is not a new scheme from the Dewaswom but practically run by a section at the temple. Is it OK to create barriers between haves & have-nots for GOD's Darshan?But If it is OK, then the Dewaswom should make it official so that the money earned can be used for the welfare of the temple, visitors, residents of Guruvayur, etc.!! After all there are other sacred & famous temples that follow this rule.(Tirupati, Palani,etc etc)But again, Guruvayur is not every other temple. People love the temple, Bagavan & the systems laid by GOD himself for what they are & the Learned Scholars of the group should decide to take this up or not.I strongly feel that the deviations from the tried & tested past is not correct and leave the decisons to you -the scholars of this group.

MSN Quiz Test your skill and wits on this revered battleground of knowledge IMing with just got better.

Guest guest

Dear all, PranamamsThis is really unfair. This shouldn't happen especially with Guruvayoor Kannan. Will it be wise to (or Should we) write a mail to Minister for Devaswoms?? G Sudhakaran is the present Minister. I also got his email id from internet. minister-cooperationBut it is you wise people are suitable to decide. :-)--- On Sun, 17/5/09, RAJIV WARRIER <rajivwarrier wrote:RAJIV WARRIER <rajivwarrierRE: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur Date: Sunday, 17 May, 2009, 11:24 AM

Not a good precedent and needs to be nipped in the bud itself.Devasom employees are Govt employees ,I suppose and hence the Govt should be asked to take action against the corrupt officials.Regards,

Rajiv Warrier

guruvayur@grou ps.comisharidas58@ Sat, 16 May 2009 20:24:19 +0530Re: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?

K.Haridasan

This I am mailing to the notice of the Devotees. While I was away on Auditing duty to Coimbatore, some of my friends were planning to go to Guruvayoor. This happened some two or three years ago. Then I told them that unlike Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh where they have the system of getting special darshan tickets by paying extra money, there are no special tickets available in Kerala Temples. Then one of the staff told me "They used to pay money to the Devaswom People standing near the exit point" and get into the temple to have quick darshan. I was actually taken aback to hear this. With the connivance of the Devaswom Staff this was going on, it seems. Either the higher ups there were purposely closing their eyes towards this or were purposely were a party to this. Greecing the Staff and getting into the que to have quick darshan is not an appropriate to be allowed. I REQUEST

THE AUTHORITIES TO LOOK INTO THIS AND PREVENT THIS AT THE GRASS ROOT LEVEL..

Haridasan Kizhakkilot--- On Sat, 16/5/09, Jana Ravi <jayaar2008 (AT) (DOT) in> wrote:

Jana Ravi <jayaar2008 (AT) (DOT) in>Re: [Guruvayur] Special Darshan @ INR 500?guruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, 16 May, 2009, 2:28 PM

MSN Quiz Test your skill and wits on this revered battleground of knowledge IMing with just got better.

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.