IndiaDivine.org

Welcome to Malaysia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayana

Dear Jayashreeji,

Namaskaaram. I read your email on the group messages about wanting to visit Malaysia and Singapore. I am from Malaysia and live in a town called Klang near a wonderful Narayana temple which is called Sri Sundararaaja Perumal Temple. My grandfather is in the Committee and our family feels blessed for being associated with the temple since my grandparents migrated from Kerala in the 1940s.

Our temple is more than a hundred years old and is called the " Thirupathi of South East Asia " for the presence of Bhagawan is very powerful there. He is there in the form of Perumal with His Divine consorts, Sridevi and Bhudevi as well as Mahalakshmi and Hanuman. Mahalakshmi is magnificient with a magnanimous presence. There are also the Shivan Sannadhi and the Navagraha Sannadhi.

The temple is undergoing renovation works for Kumbhabhishegam and so the dieties have been moved to the Mandapam for the time being. Nevertheless, they have been given nice Sannadhis and the poojas go on very well. The temple opens at 6am till 11am and then 6pm till 9am daily. The Nitya Poojas are at 8am and 6pm daily. On Saturdays, there is special Thirumanjanam for Bhagawan at 5am. Saturdays are very crowded and they also have Annadhanam for lunch. 

All important prayers are observed and there are special prayers and " Ezhunazhettu " on Thirunakshathram days for Bhagawan, Mahalakshmi, Hanuman and Garudan. There is also Oonjal sevai and Sahasranamam on Uthram Nakshathram for Mahalakshmi. Every Wednesday mornings at around 9 there is Sahasranamam for Bhagawan which all devotees can partcipate in. Navarathri and Rama Navami as well as the Purataasi Saturdays are very grandly celebrated.

I love our Sundararajan in Klang and I am sure you would too. He listens and showers His grace. Though sometimes can be quite mischievious (not sure if I got that spelling right), like Unni Kannan. He is also adorable and gorgeous. There is a Malayalee Association in Klang and we usually do the Sri Krishna Jayanthi celebrations at the temple which is absolutely lovely. They have an Aalila Krishan Vigraham which they put on the Oonjal on that day. Even during Vishu and Onam there are special prayers.

I think you would be visiting around Kuala Lumpur and Klang is not that far, only little more than an hour's drive. Besides, it is on the way to Port Klang and you can also visit the Port. The Sultan of Selangor's palace is also in Klang. You might want to take a drive around and see that. Also we have a Little India, where all the Indian shops are located, we get everything there from groceries, cookware to lovely sarees and salwars.

There are other Perumal temples too in towns surrounding KL. One is in a place called Subang Jaya, Sri Varadharaaja Perumal temple and one in a place called Puchong, Sri Srinivaasa Perumal temple with similar Pooja timings I think.

I am sure you would have looked up other attractions in KL. The Twin Towers, KL Towers, Central Market, Petaling Street, Maha Mariamman temple and Batu Caves to name a few. Batu Caves is a lovely place, scenic with a Murugan temple atop the hill and it is famous for Thaipusam celebrations. But in recent years they have also added a Perumal temple there and a Hanuman temple. So there again you can have Dharshan of Bhagawan. He is Everywhere.... 

Where do you live Jayashreeji and when will you be making your trip? I hope you will enjoy your trip to Malaysia and experience our diverse cultures and scenic places along with divinity.

Its a privilege to be associated with so many knowledgeable, selfless and devoted people in one place like this Guruvayoorappan group and it is a wonderful learning experience for me. Again a blessing from Bhagawan.... Thank you very much.

Yours Musically,

Shobha

Guest guest

My Dear Shobhaji,

What shall I say! I am so humbled by your mail to me , a total stranger to you. But I am so glad that Bhagawan connected us so wonderfully. I really feel his presence when i read your sincerely written mail. Incidentally , I also received a very detailed mail from shri Anil N. N who is from singapore and has joined our Guruvayur group recently. I feel like being blessed with a brother and a sister in one go!

Incidentally, my younger sister is also named Shobha!

I am from Mumbai, India, and hope to visit by the month end. The itineary will be charted by the tour operator but I do hope I shall be able to persuade them for a Lord Krishna temple darshan in both countries .Thank you so much for giving me such a lovely description of the temples in malaysia. Beleive me, it made me am so excited and longing to see them. But we are in KL for just 2 days only and God Willing may be able to visit it.

Shall let you know the dates when it is confirmed.

Thank you so much once again and God bless you always.

Lovingly,

Jayashree s Menon

jayashree_66; guruvayur From: shobha.sangeetDate: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:55:59 +1000[Guruvayur] Welcome to Malaysia

Om Namo Narayana

Dear Jayashreeji,

Namaskaaram. I read your email on the group messages about wanting to visit Malaysia and Singapore. I am from Malaysia and live in a town called Klang near a wonderful Narayana temple which is called Sri Sundararaaja Perumal Temple. My grandfather is in the Committee and our family feels blessed for being associated with the temple since my grandparents migrated from Kerala in the 1940s.

Our temple is more than a hundred years old and is called the "Thirupathi of South East Asia" for the presence of Bhagawan is very powerful there. He is there in the form of Perumal with His Divine consorts, Sridevi and Bhudevi as well as Mahalakshmi and Hanuman. Mahalakshmi is magnificient with a magnanimous presence. There are also the Shivan Sannadhi and the Navagraha Sannadhi.

The temple is undergoing renovation works for Kumbhabhishegam and so the dieties have been moved to the Mandapam for the time being. Nevertheless, they have been given nice Sannadhis and the poojas go on very well. The temple opens at 6am till 11am and then 6pm till 9am daily. The Nitya Poojas are at 8am and 6pm daily. On Saturdays, there is special Thirumanjanam for Bhagawan at 5am. Saturdays are very crowded and they also have Annadhanam for lunch.

All important prayers are observed and there are special prayers and "Ezhunazhettu" on Thirunakshathram days for Bhagawan, Mahalakshmi, Hanuman and Garudan. There is also Oonjal sevai and Sahasranamam on Uthram Nakshathram for Mahalakshmi. Every Wednesday mornings at around 9 there is Sahasranamam for Bhagawan which all devotees can partcipate in. Navarathri and Rama Navami as well as the Purataasi Saturdays are very grandly celebrated.

I love our Sundararajan in Klang and I am sure you would too. He listens and showers His grace. Though sometimes can be quite mischievious (not sure if I got that spelling right), like Unni Kannan. He is also adorable and gorgeous. There is a Malayalee Association in Klang and we usually do the Sri Krishna Jayanthi celebrations at the temple which is absolutely lovely. They have an Aalila Krishan Vigraham which they put on the Oonjal on that day. Even during Vishu and Onam there are special prayers.

I think you would be visiting around Kuala Lumpur and Klang is not that far, only little more than an hour's drive. Besides, it is on the way to Port Klang and you can also visit the Port. The Sultan of Selangor's palace is also in Klang. You might want to take a drive around and see that. Also we have a Little India, where all the Indian shops are located, we get everything there from groceries, cookware to lovely sarees and salwars.

There are other Perumal temples too in towns surrounding KL. One is in a place called Subang Jaya, Sri Varadharaaja Perumal temple and one in a place called Puchong, Sri Srinivaasa Perumal temple with similar Pooja timings I think.

I am sure you would have looked up other attractions in KL. The Twin Towers, KL Towers, Central Market, Petaling Street, Maha Mariamman temple and Batu Caves to name a few. Batu Caves is a lovely place, scenic with a Murugan temple atop the hill and it is famous for Thaipusam celebrations. But in recent years they have also added a Perumal temple there and a Hanuman temple. So there again you can have Dharshan of Bhagawan. He is Everywhere....

Where do you live Jayashreeji and when will you be making your trip? I hope you will enjoy your trip to Malaysia and experience our diverse cultures and scenic places along with divinity.

Its a privilege to be associated with so many knowledgeable, selfless and devoted people in one place like this Guruvayoorappan group and it is a wonderful learning experience for me. Again a blessing from Bhagawan.... Thank you very much.

Yours Musically,

Shobha

MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with .

Guest guest

Shobhaji,

Radhe Krishna!

I had sent you the pdf file of the commentary of dasakam 5 of Narayaneeyam.   I had been sending you mails to find out whether you recd it or not.   No reply.   Did I send it on the wrong id or something like that?

Regards

KVG.

Guest guest

Om Namo  Narayana

Dear Jayashreeji,

No problem at all. I'm glad if it can be of some help to you. Since you have only two days in KL, ask your tour operator to include Batu caves in your tour, if it hasnt already been. I'm quite sure it will be bcoz it is also a tourist attraction. In that way you can have darshan of Bhagawan at the Perumal temple there which is really beautifully built. Note of caution...watch out for the monkeys esp. if you have bananas or other food items!!! At the same time you can visit the Ramayana gallery and other places in there and also climb the 172 steps up to the cave where Murugan is. Its a nice place.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Yours Musically,

Shobha

-- 'This too will pass... "