IndiaDivine.org

Vaijayanthimaala--additional information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

Further to my yesterday;s mail reg, Vaijayanthimala, please note:

When goddess Lakshmi came out of the milky ocean, many of those present there for churning the ocean (Amrutha-madhanam), presented Her with various things.  Lord Varuna wanted to present Her with a flowery garland.   At that time, all seasons presented Lord Varuna with flowers which are not normally available at all times, but only during the respective seasons.   Lord Varuna made a garland with these flowers and presented it to Lakshmi Devi, who, in turn, placed it on the neck of Lord Mahavishnu when she married Him during the Swayamvaram.

Goddess Lakshmi looked all around at the faces of all the Gods present there, but found a suitable husband for Her only in Mahavishnu, whom she found to be all-perfect.  (Source: Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam commentary.)

Regards

KVG.

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

Since the discussion is on Amrutha Mandhanam, I have a query, we find that the churning of the ocean was done by both the Devas and Asuras, does this mean that without Auras it was not possible to get Amrutha. And if we take this as an example from an practical point of view, does it mean that we need Auras in the society or does it mean we need to play Deva and Asura in our life depending on various situations. Another option that I could think of is the good and bad patch we face in our lives, does it mean that enduring the bad and being grateful and thankful to the lord during the good, would lead us to the Amrutha that is an enlightened life. Thank you in advance for all your advices.

With love and regards,

Pravin

--- On Sat, 5/16/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv[Guruvayur] Vaijayanthimaala--additional informationguruvayur Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 12:11 PM

Dear all,

When goddess Lakshmi came out of the milky ocean, many of those present there for churning the ocean (Amrutha-madhanam) , presented Her with various things. Lord Varuna wanted to present Her with a flowery garland. At that time, all seasons presented Lord Varuna with flowers which are not normally available at all times, but only during the respective seasons. Lord Varuna made a garland with these flowers and presented it to Lakshmi Devi, who, in turn, placed it on the neck of Lord Mahavishnu when she married Him during the Swayamvaram.

Goddess Lakshmi looked all around at the faces of all the Gods present there, but found a suitable husband for Her only in Mahavishnu, whom she found to be all-perfect. (Source: Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam commentary.)

Regards

KVG.

Guest guest

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

Pravinji's query is a very valid one.    As the story in the Bhagavatam goes, the Devas were cursed by Sage Durvasass that they will be prey to old age like human beings and also that they would lose their opulence to the Asuras.   Having come to know about this weakness on the part of the Devas, the Asuras were keeping on attacking them, and the Devas went to the Lord for help.   The Lord told them that on account of the disrespect shown to Durvasass, they were having a bad time and suggested that they should buy peace with the Asuras at any cost, at least for the time being.    The Amrutha mandhanam came as a timely need to make peace with them, and the Lord's logic worked perfectly.   Otherwise, they would have been totally defeated and chased away.  Hence the involvement of the Asuras was a basic need to keep the war away from the Devas' camp.   We will also note that in spite of the Devas and Asuras churning the ocean for a long time, there was no result and the Lord Himself had to take over and churn the ocean with His own hands!

In general, as we all know, the Asuras are embodiment of evil and the Devas, embodiment of goodness, all these qualities being present in each one of us.    The Amrutha Mandhanam, we can say, if we take it as a parody to human life, is a turmoil within the human mind itself, to get rid of the evil or negative forces so that ultimately only the good aspects of life prevail.   In the management parlance, we can say, it is more or less a " SWOT " analysis, whereby one's own strengths and weaknesses are brought out, the weaknesses are got rid of using the " Amrutham " of one's own good thoughts which come to us by divine grace, and only goodness is retained.

This is what occurs to my mind, but if anybody else in the group can enlighten us better, I shall be too glad.  

Regards

KVG.

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Pravin balan <hba9331 wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

Since the discussion is on Amrutha Mandhanam, I have a query, we find that the churning of the ocean was done by both the Devas and Asuras, does this mean that without Auras it was not possible to get Amrutha. And if we take this as an example from an practical point of view, does it mean that we need Auras in the society or does it mean we need to play Deva and Asura in our life depending on various situations. Another option that I could think of is the good and bad patch we face in our lives, does it mean that enduring the bad and being grateful and thankful to the lord during the good, would lead us to the Amrutha that is an enlightened life. Thank you in advance for all your advices.  

With love and regards,

Pravin

--- On Sat, 5/16/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv[Guruvayur] Vaijayanthimaala--additional information

guruvayur Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 12:11 PM

Dear all,

When goddess Lakshmi came out of the milky ocean, many of those present there for churning the ocean (Amrutha-madhanam) , presented Her with various things.  Lord Varuna wanted to present Her with a flowery garland.   At that time, all seasons presented Lord Varuna with flowers which are not normally available at all times, but only during the respective seasons.   Lord Varuna made a garland with these flowers and presented it to Lakshmi Devi, who, in turn, placed it on the neck of Lord Mahavishnu when she married Him during the Swayamvaram.

Goddess Lakshmi looked all around at the faces of all the Gods present there, but found a suitable husband for Her only in Mahavishnu, whom she found to be all-perfect.  (Source: Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam commentary.)

Regards

KVG.

Guest guest

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

Thank you very much for a very informative response...especially the 'SWOT' part made things lot more easier to understand. Plus I did miss out on the initial part that the Devas were under the curse of Sage Durvasa.

With love & regards

Pravin

--- On Sun, 5/17/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: [Guruvayur] Vaijayanthimaala--additional informationguruvayur Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 8:57 PM

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

Pravinji's query is a very valid one. As the story in the Bhagavatam goes, the Devas were cursed by Sage Durvasass that they will be prey to old age like human beings and also that they would lose their opulence to the Asuras. Having come to know about this weakness on the part of the Devas, the Asuras were keeping on attacking them, and the Devas went to the Lord for help. The Lord told them that on account of the disrespect shown to Durvasass, they were having a bad time and suggested that they should buy peace with the Asuras at any cost, at least for the time being. The Amrutha mandhanam came as a timely need to make peace with them, and the Lord's logic worked perfectly. Otherwise, they would have been totally defeated and chased away. Hence the involvement of the Asuras was a basic need to keep the war away from the Devas' camp. We

will also note that in spite of the Devas and Asuras churning the ocean for a long time, there was no result and the Lord Himself had to take over and churn the ocean with His own hands!

In general, as we all know, the Asuras are embodiment of evil and the Devas, embodiment of goodness, all these qualities being present in each one of us. The Amrutha Mandhanam, we can say, if we take it as a parody to human life, is a turmoil within the human mind itself, to get rid of the evil or negative forces so that ultimately only the good aspects of life prevail. In the management parlance, we can say, it is more or less a "SWOT" analysis, whereby one's own strengths and weaknesses are brought out, the weaknesses are got rid of using the "Amrutham" of one's own good thoughts which come to us by divine grace, and only goodness is retained.

This is what occurs to my mind, but if anybody else in the group can enlighten us better, I shall be too glad.

Regards

KVG.

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Pravin balan <hba9331 > wrote:

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

With love and regards,

Pravin

--- On Sat, 5/16/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>[Guruvayur] Vaijayanthimaala- -additional informationguruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, May 16, 2009, 12:11 PM

Dear all,

When goddess Lakshmi came out of the milky ocean, many of those present there for churning the ocean (Amrutha-madhanam) , presented Her with various things. Lord Varuna wanted to present Her with a flowery garland. At that time, all seasons presented Lord Varuna with flowers which are not normally available at all times, but only during the respective seasons. Lord Varuna made a garland with these flowers and presented it to Lakshmi Devi, who, in turn, placed it on the neck of Lord Mahavishnu when she married Him during the Swayamvaram.

Goddess Lakshmi looked all around at the faces of all the Gods present there, but found a suitable husband for Her only in Mahavishnu, whom she found to be all-perfect. (Source: Bhagavatam and Narayaneeyam commentary.)

Regards

KVG.