IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Narasimhaavathaaram in Kaliyuga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

There was a very learned and  knowledgeable devotee (swamiji) who did discourses on Bhagavatham. He did not care how many people were there to listen to Him. He believed that when ever he praised Bhagavan through narrating His stories, Bhagavan would be present there. So he  was least bothered about how many people attended his discourse. One day when he narrated the story of Narasimha Deva, nobody was present in the hall. He  was oblivious of everything around and narrated the story of Bhagavan with utmost devotion and sincerity. 

After the discourse, he came out and some immature and haughty youngsters asked him how many people were there to listen to his discourse. He said, there was nobody other than himself and Bhagavan Narasimha Deva's mother. These people who sarcastically threw the question did not understand what he meant by Narasimha Deva's mother.  They asked him: " Swamiji, who is Narasimha Deva's mother? "

Swamiji said: " What I meant was there was nobody other than myself and the big pillar in the hall and you know Narasimha Deva came out of the pillar to kill Hiranyakashipu and bless Bhaktha Prahlada. So I see Narasimha Deva every where especially inside a pillar and I consider the pillar as the mother of Narasimha Deva who gave birth to Lord in that form. "

They laughed and asked him whether he could show the pillar inside the hall in which Narasimha Deva was hiding. This great Bhaktha took them inside the hall and showed the pillar near the stage and told them :  " I imagined that Narasimha Deva was listening to my discourse sitting inside this pillar and I believe that he will come out to bless me when I need His blessings " . 

Those people who wanted to make fun of that poor and sincere devotee, kicked hard on the pillar and burst into laughter. Swamiji left the hall with out noticing what they did and after a moment he heard them crying out loud with extreme fear. He returned to the hall and all of them came running and did namaskaar at his feet. They were trembling and sweating profusely with fear and Swamiji asked them what happened. They told him: " Swamiji, as soon as we kicked the pillar contemptuously, all of us saw the frightening form of Narasimha Deva flashing. We were so scared. We do not know whether it was real or a dream. But it was a horrifying experience. We apologize for our mistake. Please bless us and pray for us. Now we understand that Bhagavan will reincarnate as many times as necessary to make His Bhakthas' (or devotees' ) words true. You said that Narasimha Deva resides in the pillar and we did not believe it. Now Narasimha Deva made your sacred words true and proved us His omnipresence. Because of your association, we are blessed today to have momentary darshan of Lord. Please accept us as your disciples "

Swamiji could not speak a word because he was choking with the love for Bhagavan. Thinking of Bhagavan's kindness, his eyes were filled with tears and all of them together did Namaskaar to the pillar in which Narasimha Deva resided. Since that incident they saw Bhagavan in everything and led a blissful life and attained moksham later.

(I was fortunate to listen to the recorded Bhagavatha discourse by Brahmashri Nochur Venkataraman. In one place he jokingly told a story in which a Bhagavatha narrator told that there was nobody to  listen to him except Narasimha Deva's mother. This inspired me to make this joke in to a story to illustrate the omnipresence of Bhagavan. Respectful pranaamams to Brahmashri Nochurji!!)

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

savitri