IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Annadaanam 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

When I go to Guruvayur temple, not only Guruvyuraapan, but a lot of (positive) scenes in and around the temple influence me. Some people ask me " What about the negative things you see there? " . I have no logical answer for that. Because of Guruvayurappan's mahima, most of the times, negative scenes in Guruvayur do not bother me. Even if I am not able to see Bhagavan due to big crowd, the atmosphere of Bhakthi inspires me to love Him all the more. When I stand in the queue, I usually chant suprabhatham, vishnusahasra naamam and all other prayers I know about Lord Krishna or Vishnu Bhagavan including several chapters of Naaraayaneeyam. If the queue is long, sometimes I get exhausted and then I look around and try to see how every scene there positively affects me or teaches me something to make myself a better person. I want to share two incidents or points that influenced me or gave me food for thought.

Once I was doing pradakshinam and was thinking about offering some money for annadaanam ( giving of food.)  I had some cash and I deposited that in the Hundika in the outside praakaaram marked with " annadaanam " . Soon after that I heard an old woman crying and talking to herself:

" Those who have not experienced hunger do not know that there is no greater sorrow than not having enough to eat. People put money in Bhandaaram (hundi) and think it will feed people like me. Guruvayurappa, there is nobody to give me some food. Krishna, did you also give up on me? "

I heard this and suddenly I felt that she was talking about me. I asked her whether she said this because she saw  me putting money in the hundi. She did not see that and it was a just cry from severe hunger. I went near her and told her to come out with me. It was almost lunch time and both of us went into one of the hotels in the West Nada. I paid for her meal which was not much. When she finished eating she told me that she did not have anything to eat since the previous day morning and thanked me. I saw her walking slowly and soon disappeared from my view. I could not help wiping my tears. Since that incident, when ever I wanted to do annadaanam, I did by taking somebody (who really deserved) with me and fed them personally. I felt that Guruvayurappan was telling me to do annadaanam this way. I do not know whether this is the best way or this is practical. But I felt good by doing this way (several times during my stay for Bhajanam there) than depositing in the hundi. 

Sreekrishnaarpanamasthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Guest guest

Ya Devi Sarva bhuteshu Kshudha roopena samsthitha,Namasthasyai! Namasthasyai!! Namasthasyai!!! Namonamaha!My Namaskarams to Her Who is present in all the living beings in the form Hunger!Sri Devi Mahatmyam--- On Fri, 5/22/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Annadaanam 1Friday, May 22, 2009, 3:54 AM

Dear all,

When I go to Guruvayur temple, not only Guruvyuraapan, but a lot of (positive) scenes in and around the temple influence me. Some people ask me "What about the negative things you see there?". I have no logical answer for that. Because of Guruvayurappan's mahima, most of the times, negative scenes in Guruvayur do not bother me. Even if I am not able to see Bhagavan due to big crowd, the atmosphere of Bhakthi inspires me to love Him all the more. When I stand in the queue, I usually chant suprabhatham, vishnusahasra naamam and all other prayers I know about Lord Krishna or Vishnu Bhagavan including several chapters of Naaraayaneeyam. If the queue is long, sometimes I get exhausted and then I look around and try to see how every scene there positively affects me or teaches me something to make myself a better person. I want to share two incidents or points that influenced me or gave me food for thought.

Once I was doing pradakshinam and was thinking about offering some money for annadaanam ( giving of food.) I had some cash and I deposited that in the Hundika in the outside praakaaram marked with "annadaanam". Soon after that I heard an old woman crying and talking to herself:

" Those who have not experienced hunger do not know that there is no greater sorrow than not having enough to eat. People put money in Bhandaaram (hundi) and think it will feed people like me. Guruvayurappa, there is nobody to give me some food. Krishna, did you also give up on me?"

I heard this and suddenly I felt that she was talking about me. I asked her whether she said this because she saw me putting money in the hundi. She did not see that and it was a just cry from severe hunger. I went near her and told her to come out with me. It was almost lunch time and both of us went into one of the hotels in the West Nada. I paid for her meal which was not much. When she finished eating she told me that she did not have anything to eat since the previous day morning and thanked me. I saw her walking slowly and soon disappeared from my view. I could not help wiping my tears. Since that incident, when ever I wanted to do annadaanam, I did by taking somebody (who really deserved) with me and fed them personally. I felt that Guruvayurappan was telling me to do annadaanam this way. I do not know whether this is the best way or this is practical. But I felt good by doing this way (several times during my

stay for Bhajanam there) than depositing in the hundi.

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu

Regards and prayers

Savitri