IndiaDivine.org

SRIMAD NARAYANEEYAM

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication shows as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala Vyakhyanam.

My apologies if this question has already been answered in this forum.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Namaste Manojji!There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on some I am aware of.

Two great Sanskrit scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and Viswanatha Sastri wrote a commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it Bhaktaranjini.  This was first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928 C.E.) and subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum (about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

An English translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors including our own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji.  This I believe was published in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out.  KVGji is trying to get another edition published. (about 1400 pages).  This has English transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also. 

Lord Guruvayoorappan always wears vanamala, a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators  named their work as a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators are great Sanskrit scholars including Sarvasri K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and C.P. Krishnan Elayathu.  This book is 600 pages and has an introduction of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also.  I have not seen such a great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his works anywhere else.  This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam.  This was published in 1978.

Our own S.N. Sastriji has written a commentary in English.  This was first published in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission.  I believe the second or subsequent edition of this 760 page book is available now.

Famous Sanskrit scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a commentary which was completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja Varma.  This 800 page book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

There are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of Narayaneeyam.  If you need information on any of these I can look up and let you know.  Please do remember that two of the five were written by our own members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject.  I am giving only the general information.

Hari Om!Chith Puram

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM, MANOJ KUMAR.M.K <mk_manojkumar wrote:

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication shows as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala Vyakhyanam.

My apologies if this question has already been answered in this forum.

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,Radhe Krishna!This is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the Lord in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary.   It is not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version.   We have made some changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced interpretations and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced to the original source and the meanings put wherever they were not given in the original, etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to correspond to the English syntax, transliterations to Roman letters given, etc., etc.  

Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam.com, wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four dasakams are put.       The second edition will, God willing, will go to the press shortly.   Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the authors do not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view, but if any profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which is wedded to philanthropic activities.

The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at bookshops, but whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly discounted, to the extent of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc., to the benefit of the reader.

As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those who are interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names with the Trust, by sending an e-mail to me.   The correct pricing details etc., can be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be notified directly.

RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna.   e-mail idsgopalakrishna.kv      and webmaster

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Namaste Manojji!There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on some I am aware of.

Two great Sanskrit scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and Viswanatha Sastri wrote a commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it Bhaktaranjini.  This was first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928 C.E.) and subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum (about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

An English translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors including our own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji.  This I believe was published in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out.  KVGji is trying to get another edition published. (about 1400 pages).  This has English transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also. 

Lord Guruvayoorappan always wears vanamala, a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators  named their work as a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators are great Sanskrit scholars including Sarvasri K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and C.P. Krishnan Elayathu.  This book is 600 pages and has an introduction of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also.  I have not seen such a great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his works anywhere else.  This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam.  This was published in 1978.

Our own S.N. Sastriji has written a commentary in English.  This was first published in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission.  I believe the second or subsequent edition of this 760 page book is available now.

Famous Sanskrit scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a commentary which was completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja Varma.  This 800 page book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

There are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of Narayaneeyam.  If you need information on any of these I can look up and let you know.  Please do remember that two of the five were written by our own members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject.  I am giving only the general information.

Hari Om!Chith Puram

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication shows as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala Vyakhyanam.

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear all,Thank you so much for the suggestion.   But as you know, it is not the interest of the Trust to make an enormous profit at the cost of the devotees.   The only objective in the Trust selling it directly undergoing all the troubles, and at the discounted price is to avoid giving it to booksellers, enabling them to make money at the cost of the devotees.    I have already enlisted about 200 and odd people interested in buying directly from the Trust.   Hope more will come forward.

When I say " The Trust " , I mean myself, as I am the Author trustee and all jobs in connection with that will have to be done by me, or by people appointed on salary basis to perform the duties in connection with that, but will add to the cost of the book.   This too, and my own limitations on account of age has to be taken into account.   But devotees should not be taxed, which is my motto.

Handing over to the booksellers is the last resort, and I would like to avoid it at all costs.   The MRP I quoted is what Booksellers like Motilal Banarsidass etc told me after negotiating with them.Warmest regards

KVGOn Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Dear KVGji,

May I make a suggestion regarding this?  It may be advantageous to make a price structure similar to the following.

MRP 1800

Direct purchase from trust - 1500

Pre-publication price - 1400 ; with a cut off date.  This may motivate people to order and pay before a certain date.

Please think about this so that your uncertainty is less.

Best regards and prayers,

Chithrabhanu

---------- Forwarded message ----------K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv

May 25, 2009 11:43 PM

Re: [Guruvayur] SRIMAD NARAYANEEYAMguruvayur  

Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,Radhe Krishna!This is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the Lord in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary.   It is not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version.   We have made some changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced interpretations and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced to the original source and the meanings put wherever they were not given in the original, etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to correspond to the English syntax, transliterations to Roman letters given, etc., etc.  

Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam.com, wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four dasakams are put.       The second edition will, God willing, will go to the press shortly.   Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the authors do not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view, but if any profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which is wedded to philanthropic activities.

The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at bookshops, but whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly discounted, to the extent of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc., to the benefit of the reader.

As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those who are interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names with the Trust, by sending an e-mail to me.   The correct pricing details etc., can be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be notified directly.

RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna.   e-mail idsgopalakrishna.kv      and webmaster

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Two great Sanskrit scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and Viswanatha Sastri wrote a commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it Bhaktaranjini.  This was first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928 C.E.) and subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum (about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000) An English translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors including our own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji.  This I believe was published in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out.  KVGji is trying to get another edition published. (about 1400 pages).  This has English transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also. 

Lord Guruvayoorappan always wears vanamala, a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators  named their work as a garland made of flowers from the forest.  The commentators are great Sanskrit scholars including Sarvasri K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and C.P. Krishnan Elayathu.  This book is 600 pages and has an introduction of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also.  I have not seen such a great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his works anywhere else.  This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam.  This was published in 1978. Our own S.N. Sastriji has written a commentary in English.  This was first published in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission.  I believe the second or subsequent edition of this 760 page book is available now. Famous Sanskrit scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a commentary which was completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja Varma.  This 800 page book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

Hari Om!Chith Puram

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Respected Shree Gopalakrishnaji,

I am one of those fortunate ones in whose home a copy your Naryaneeyam resides.

You took many troubles to send it to me and I am grateful to you for your

kindness and efforts.

Please reserve a copy of the second edition of your Narayaneeyam for me.

With regards and best wishes,

Kirit Shah

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv

Re: [Guruvayur] SRIMAD NARAYANEEYAM

" Chith Puram " <krsnakrpa

Cc: guruvayur

Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:41 AM

Dear all,

Thank

you so much for the suggestion. But as you know, it is not the interest

of the Trust to make an enormous profit at the cost of the devotees.

The only objective in the Trust selling it directly undergoing all the

troubles, and at the discounted price is to avoid giving it to

booksellers, enabling them to make money at the cost of the devotees. I

have already enlisted about 200 and odd people interested in buying

directly from the Trust. Hope more will come forward.

When I say " The Trust " , I mean myself, as I am the Author trustee

and all jobs in connection with that will have to be done by me, or by

people appointed on salary basis to perform the duties in connection

with that, but will add to the cost of the book. This too, and my own

limitations on account of age has to be taken into account. But

devotees should not be taxed, which is my motto.

Handing over to the booksellers is the last resort, and I would

like to avoid it at all costs. The MRP I quoted is what Booksellers

like Motilal Banarsidass etc told me after negotiating with them.

Warmest regards

KVG

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear KVGji,

May I make a suggestion regarding this? It may be advantageous to make a price

structure similar to the following.

MRP 1800

Pre-publication price - 1400 ; with a cut off date. This may motivate people to

order and pay before a certain date.

Chithrabhanu

---------- Forwarded message ----------

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

guruvayur@grou ps.com

Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,

Radhe Krishna!

This

is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly

referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the

Lord in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary.

It is not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version. We have

made some changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced

interpretations and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced

to the original source and the meanings put wherever they were not

given in the original, etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to

correspond to the English syntax, transliterations to Roman letters

given, etc., etc.

Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam. com,

wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four

dasakams are put. The second edition will, God willing, will go to the

press shortly. Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the

authors do not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view,

but if any profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which

is wedded to philanthropic activities.

The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at

bookshops, but whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly

discounted, to the extent of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc.,

to the benefit of the reader.

As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those

who are interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names

with the Trust, by sending an e-mail to me. The correct pricing details

etc., can be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be

notified directly.

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna.

e-mail ids

gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com and webmaster@narayanee yam.com

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Namaste Manojji!

There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on some I

am aware of.

Two great Sanskrit

scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and Viswanatha Sastri wrote a

commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it Bhaktaranjini. This was

first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928 C.E.) and

subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum

(about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

An English

translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors including our

own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji. This I believe was published

in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out. KVGji is trying to get

another edition published. (about 1400 pages). This has English

transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also.

Lord Guruvayoorappan

always wears vanamala, a garland made of flowers from the forest. The

commentators named their work as a garland made of flowers from the

forest. The commentators are great Sanskrit scholars including Sarvasri

K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and

C.P. Krishnan Elayathu. This book is 600 pages and has an introduction

of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also. I have not seen such a

great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his works anywhere

else. This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam. This was published in

Our own S.N.

Sastriji has written a commentary in English. This was first published

in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission. I believe the second or subsequent edition

of this 760 page book is available now.

Famous Sanskrit

scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a commentary which was

completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja Varma. This 800 page

book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

There

are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of

Narayaneeyam. If you need information on any of these I can look up and

let you know. Please do remember that two of the five were written by

our own members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject. I

am giving only the general information.

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM, MANOJ KUMAR.M.K <mk_manojkumar@ >

wrote:

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication

shows as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other

Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala

Vyakhyanam.

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Kiritji,Radhe Krishna!Trust you are keeping fine.  I very much need your prayers and blessings.  I was right now typing out the Rudra Geetham for the second edition!LoveKVG

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM, kirit shah <kksesq wrote:

Respected Shree Gopalakrishnaji,

I am one of those fortunate ones in whose home a copy your Naryaneeyam resides. You took many troubles to send it to me and I am grateful to you for your kindness and efforts.

Please reserve a copy of the second edition of your Narayaneeyam for me.

With regards and best wishes,

Kirit Shah

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv

" Chith Puram " <krsnakrpa

Cc: guruvayur

Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:41 AM

Dear all,

Thank

you so much for the suggestion. But as you know, it is not the interest

of the Trust to make an enormous profit at the cost of the devotees.

The only objective in the Trust selling it directly undergoing all the

troubles, and at the discounted price is to avoid giving it to

booksellers, enabling them to make money at the cost of the devotees. I

have already enlisted about 200 and odd people interested in buying

directly from the Trust. Hope more will come forward.

When I say " The Trust " , I mean myself, as I am the Author trustee

and all jobs in connection with that will have to be done by me, or by

people appointed on salary basis to perform the duties in connection

with that, but will add to the cost of the book. This too, and my own

limitations on account of age has to be taken into account. But

devotees should not be taxed, which is my motto.

Handing over to the booksellers is the last resort, and I would

like to avoid it at all costs. The MRP I quoted is what Booksellers

like Motilal Banarsidass etc told me after negotiating with them.

Warmest regards

KVG

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear KVGji,

May I make a suggestion regarding this? It may be advantageous to make a price structure similar to the following.

MRP 1800

Pre-publication price - 1400 ; with a cut off date. This may motivate people to order and pay before a certain date.

Chithrabhanu

---------- Forwarded message ----------

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

guruvayur@grou ps.com

Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,

Radhe Krishna!

This

is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly

referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the

Lord in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary.

It is not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version. We have

made some changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced

interpretations and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced

to the original source and the meanings put wherever they were not

given in the original, etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to

correspond to the English syntax, transliterations to Roman letters

given, etc., etc.

Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam. com,

wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four

dasakams are put. The second edition will, God willing, will go to the

press shortly. Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the

authors do not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view,

but if any profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which

is wedded to philanthropic activities.

The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at

bookshops, but whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly

discounted, to the extent of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc.,

to the benefit of the reader.

As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those

who are interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names

with the Trust, by sending an e-mail to me. The correct pricing details

etc., can be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be

notified directly.

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna.

e-mail ids

gopalakrishna. kv (AT) gmail (DOT) com and webmaster@narayanee yam.com

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Namaste Manojji!

There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on some I am aware of.

Two great Sanskrit

scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and Viswanatha Sastri wrote a

commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it Bhaktaranjini. This was

first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928 C.E.) and

subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum

(about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

An English

translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors including our

own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji. This I believe was published

in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out. KVGji is trying to get

another edition published. (about 1400 pages). This has English

transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also.

Lord Guruvayoorappan

always wears vanamala, a garland made of flowers from the forest. The

commentators named their work as a garland made of flowers from the

forest. The commentators are great Sanskrit scholars including Sarvasri

K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and

C.P. Krishnan Elayathu. This book is 600 pages and has an introduction

of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also. I have not seen such a

great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his works anywhere

else. This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam. This was published in

Our own S.N.

Sastriji has written a commentary in English. This was first published

in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission. I believe the second or subsequent edition

of this 760 page book is available now.

Famous Sanskrit

scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a commentary which was

completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja Varma. This 800 page

book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

There

are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of

Narayaneeyam. If you need information on any of these I can look up and

let you know. Please do remember that two of the five were written by

our own members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject. I

am giving only the general information.

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM, MANOJ KUMAR.M.K <mk_manojkumar@ > wrote:

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Namaste,

Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication

shows as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other

Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala

Vyakhyanam.

Regards,

Manoj

Guest guest

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

I would love to have a copy from a blessed Gurunathan like you. Please add me to

your list of buyers.

I am sure many of our group members like to have a copy, so I have created a

table for those of you like to order a copy from KVG directly.

GuruDevs, If you like to BUY a copy of the English version of the Bhaktaranjini

commentary of Narayaneeyam, please add your names to

guruvayur/database?method=reportRows & tbl=18

Use the 'Add Record' option to enter your name.

Guruvayur group will extend all possible support to KVG to publish the second

edition of Bhaktaranjini commentary of Narayaneeyam.

We are at your service KVG, please let us know any kind of help that we can do

for you.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , " K.V Gopalakrishna " <gopalakrishna.kv

wrote:

>

> *Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,

> Radhe Krishna!

>

> This is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly

> referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the Lord

> in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary. It is

> not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version. We have made some

> changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced interpretations

> and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced to the original

> source and the meanings put wherever they were not given in the original,

> etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to correspond to the English

> syntax, transliterations to Roman letters given, etc., etc.

>

> Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam.com,

> wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four dasakams

> are put. The second edition will, God willing, will go to the press

> shortly. Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the authors do

> not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view, but if any

> profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which is wedded to

> philanthropic activities.

>

> The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at bookshops, but

> whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly discounted, to the extent

> of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc., to the benefit of the reader.

>

> As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those who are

> interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names with the

> Trust, by sending an e-mail to me. The correct pricing details etc., can

> be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be notified

> directly.

>

> Regards

> K.V. Gopalakrishna.

> e-mail ids

> gopalakrishna.kv and webmaster

>

>

> **On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

> *

> >

> >

> >

> > Namaste Manojji!

> >

> > There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on

> > some I am aware of.

> >

> >

> > 1. Two great Sanskrit scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and

> > Viswanatha Sastri wrote a commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it

> > Bhaktaranjini. This was first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104

(1928

> > C.E.) and subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications,

Trivandrum

> > (about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

> > 2. An English translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors

> > including our own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji. This I believe

was

> > published in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out. KVGji is trying

to

> > get another edition published. (about 1400 pages). This has English

> > transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also.

> > 3. Lord Guruvayoorappan always wears vanamala, a garland made of

> > flowers from the forest. The commentators named their work as a garland

> > made of flowers from the forest. The commentators are great Sanskrit

> > scholars including Sarvasri K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan

> > Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and C.P. Krishnan Elayathu. This book is 600

> > pages and has an introduction of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also.

I

> > have not seen such a great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his

> > works anywhere else. This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam. This was

> > published in 1978.

> > 4. Our own S.N. Sastriji has written a commentary in English. This was

> > first published in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission. I believe the second or

> > subsequent edition of this 760 page book is available now.

> > 5. Famous Sanskrit scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a

> > commentary which was completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja

> > Varma. This 800 page book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

> >

> >

> > There are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of

> > Narayaneeyam. If you need information on any of these I can look up and let

> > you know. Please do remember that two of the five were written by our own

> > members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject. I am giving

> > only the general information.

> >

> > Hari Om!

> >

> > Chith Puram

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM, MANOJ KUMAR.M.K <mk_manojkumarwrote:

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> >>

> >> Namaste,

> >>

> >>

> >> Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication shows

> >> as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other

> >> Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala Vyakhyanam.

> >>

> >> My apologies if this question has already been answered in this forum.

> >>

> >> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

> >>

> >> *Regards,*

> >> * *

> >> *Manoj*

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji, Manojji, Chandraji, Dr. Chitrabhanuji and other friends and gurudevs,Radhe Krishna!Kindly accept my heart-felt thanks for encouraging me with our humble work, and opening a link for making reservations for the book.  I am overwhelmed by the devotion all of you have to the Lord, and love and regard shown to me and my team's humble offering to the Lord.

I am vigorously working on the manuscript of the second edition and shall come out with the pricing formula shortly.Loving regardsKVG.On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 1:17 AM, menon_sunil <menon_sunil wrote:

Dear Gopalakrishnaji,

I would love to have a copy from a blessed Gurunathan like you. Please add me to your list of buyers.

I am sure many of our group members like to have a copy, so I have created a table for those of you like to order a copy from KVG directly.

GuruDevs, If you like to BUY a copy of the English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary of Narayaneeyam, please add your names to

guruvayur/database?method=reportRows & tbl=18

Use the 'Add Record' option to enter your name.

Guruvayur group will extend all possible support to KVG to publish the second edition of Bhaktaranjini commentary of Narayaneeyam.

We are at your service KVG, please let us know any kind of help that we can do for you.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , " K.V Gopalakrishna " <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

>

> *Dear Manoji and other devotee friends,

> Radhe Krishna!

>

> This is a rejoinder to Dr. Chithrabhanuji's mail, wherein he has kindly

> referred to the humble offering the Bhaktaranjini team has made to the Lord

> in the form of an English version of the Bhaktaranjini commentary. It is

> not a word-for-word translation, but an overall version. We have made some

> changes in the form of removing repetitions, making enhanced interpretations

> and embellishments wherever required, quotations traced to the original

> source and the meanings put wherever they were not given in the original,

> etc., and matched the word-for-word meanings to correspond to the English

> syntax, transliterations to Roman letters given, etc., etc.

>

> Interested persons may have access to the website www.narayaneeyam.com,

> wherein all details of the book and specimen commentaries of four dasakams

> are put. The second edition will, God willing, will go to the press

> shortly. Further, it is a Nishkama Karma, in the sense that the authors do

> not have any eye on the profits from personal point of view, but if any

> profit accrues, it will go to the Bhaktaranjini Trust which is wedded to

> philanthropic activities.

>

> The MRP for a set of 3 volumes will be around Rs. 1800/- at bookshops, but

> whatever the Trust sells directly, will be highly discounted, to the extent

> of saving the Bookseller's commission, etc., to the benefit of the reader.

>

> As we plan to print only limited number of copies, I request those who are

> interested may kindly reserve a copy by registering their names with the

> Trust, by sending an e-mail to me. The correct pricing details etc., can

> be ascertained only when it goes to the press, and will be notified

> directly.

>

> Regards

> K.V. Gopalakrishna.

> e-mail ids

> gopalakrishna.kv and webmaster

>

>

> **On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

> *

> >

> >

> >

> > Namaste Manojji!

> >

> > There are several commentaries on Narayaneeyam and here is information on

> > some I am aware of.

> >

> >

> > 1. Two great Sanskrit scholars Sarvasri Vancheswara Sastri and

> > Viswanatha Sastri wrote a commentary in Malayalam of the book termed it

> > Bhaktaranjini. This was first published in Malayalam era (M.E.) 1104 (1928

> > C.E.) and subsequently republished in 1998 by Akash Publications, Trivandrum

> > (about 1300 pages; Rs. 1000)

> > 2. An English translation of the Bhaktaranjini was done by four authors

> > including our own KVGji and edited by our own Sastriji. This I believe was

> > published in 2005 and all the copies have been sold out. KVGji is trying to

> > get another edition published. (about 1400 pages). This has English

> > transliteration of all the verses and Devanagari version also.

> > 3. Lord Guruvayoorappan always wears vanamala, a garland made of

> > flowers from the forest. The commentators named their work as a garland

> > made of flowers from the forest. The commentators are great Sanskrit

> > scholars including Sarvasri K.P. Narayana Pisharody, P.C. Vasudevan

> > Elayathu, N.D. Krishanunni and C.P. Krishnan Elayathu. This book is 600

> > pages and has an introduction of Melpathur which is nearly 80 pages also. I

> > have not seen such a great work (the 80 page review) on Melpathur and his

> > works anywhere else. This is the popular vanamala vyakhyanam. This was

> > published in 1978.

> > 4. Our own S.N. Sastriji has written a commentary in English. This was

> > first published in 1988 by Chinmaya Mission. I believe the second or

> > subsequent edition of this 760 page book is available now.

> > 5. Famous Sanskrit scholar P.S. Anantanarayana Sastri wrote a

> > commentary which was completed by another scholar Vatakkumkoor Rajaraja

> > Varma. This 800 page book was first published in M.E. 1127 (1951 C.E.)

> >

> >

> > There are several others who have written just the meaning of the verses of

> > Narayaneeyam. If you need information on any of these I can look up and let

> > you know. Please do remember that two of the five were written by our own

> > members and they are more qualified to speak on this subject. I am giving

> > only the general information.

> >

> > Hari Om!

> >

> > Chith Puram

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:09 AM, MANOJ KUMAR.M.K <mk_manojkumarwrote:

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

> >>

> >> Namaste,

> >>

> >>

> >> Srimad narayaneeyam available with Guruvayoor dewaswom Publication shows

> >> as vanamala Vyakhyanam. can any one tell me is there any other

> >> Vyakhyanam other than Vanamala and why is this called vanamala Vyakhyanam.

> >>

> >> My apologies if this question has already been answered in this forum.

> >>

> >> Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya

> >>

> >> *Regards,*

> >> * *

> >> *Manoj*

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>