IndiaDivine.org

Bhakthi & Vibhakthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Aum Namo Narayanaya

Pranamam to All,

Please tell me the difference between Bhakthi & Vibhakthi. I heard about Melpathoor’s Bbhakthi and Poonthanam’s vibhakthi.

Please clarify my doubt.

With Prayers

Jayasankar Vattekkat

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Guest guest

Dear Jayshankarji,

The word bhakthi means" devotion to God ' Vibhakthi is a term used in sanskrit grammer in making sentances.

The usage should be taken in the context of the story regarding Poonthanam andMelpattur.

It was narrated here many times. Poonthanam was a Guruvayurappan devotee living at the same time period asof Melpattur.He was not a sanskrit scholar .He wrote Jnaanapaana in plain malayalam, The poem explains about devotion, conduct in our daily life, reincarnation etc in very simple way

..Melpattur wrote many sanskrit poems, the most famous being the Narayaneeyam. Narayaneeyam is a very scholarly poem containing difficult yet beautiful sanskrit words with praasams and alliteration.Poonthanam requested Melpattur to read and correct his Jnaanapaana.By that time ,Melpattur was already famous.He felt slighted that he was asked to read a simple malyalam poem and correct it when he was such a great sanskrit scholar.He refused to do so saying it is only a bhasha kavyam.

But Guruvayurappan didnot like this rejection of his devout bhaktha,Poonthanam.Melpattur suddenly started to have pains in his hands and legs and became crippled.Guruvayurappan came in his dreams and said"You pained my bhakthan, Poonthanam. I like his bhakthi more than your vibhakthi" Melpattur immediately realised his mistake and apologised to Poonthanam and tried to corresct his poem. He could not find any mistake in it.

Sankaracharyar also mentions the same theme in bhaja govindam.He says only bhakthi gives salvation and not sanskrit grammer prowess.Unconditional surrender to the Lord only gives us salvation.

with prayers to our Lord, Guruvayurappan,

Sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 5/27/09, jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat wrote:

jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat[Guruvayur] Bhakthi & Vibhakthi"GURUVAYURAPPAN" <guruvayur >Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 9:46 PM

Aum Namo Narayanaya

Pranamam to All,

Please tell me the difference between Bhakthi & Vibhakthi. I heard about Melpathoor’s Bbhakthi and Poonthanam’s vibhakthi.

Please clarify my doubt.

With Prayers Jayasankar Vattekkat

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!