The root 'bhaj' also means to distinguish, revere and worship. That is '

viseshabhakthi.'The usual meaning of vibhakthi also applies as the vibhakthi

diffrentiates the word and shows it in a special meaning.So vibhakthi is that

which distinguishes the object of devotion and presents it in a special

light.That is what is called paramaikanthabhakthi in our vaishnavism, which is

exclusive devotion to the chosen ideal.

The vinbhakthi in the common meaning is bhaashaajnana and Bahkthi is the

devotion which crosees the barriers of language and grammar. But in fact Bhakti

should become vibhakthi, that is viseshabhakthi s expalined above.

Here I am reminded of a funny story, A devotee who has no jnowledge of

vibhakthiforms of words, was worshipping Hanumaan. He was asying hanumathaaya

namaH, Alearned man nearby corrected him " No it is hanumathe namaH. " then the mn

said so and then said maaruthe namaH. Then the other corrected him saying " no. it

is maaruthaye namaH. " Then the mancorrected himself and said aanjaneye namaH.

The man again corrected him saying, " No.It should be aanjaneyaaya namaH. " The

devotee got fed up and said each nama as it is, saying " yath asya chathurThee

thasmai namaH. "

All kow the story of padhmanaabho maraparbhuH. The implication is that the

bhakthi idf sincere itself becomes vibhakthi. This is my interpretation to the

best of my knowledg.

saroja ramanujam

Guest guest

Dear Jayashankarji,

Now you got to hear about the different vibhakthis used in the words, hamumathe, Maaruthaye, Anjanaayaye etc.As Sarojaji mentioned, vibhakthi can also mean visheshabhakthi .In this context, vibhakthi is more important than bhakthi.

But in the context of the story of poonthanam and melpattur,the interpretation was popularly given according to what I wrote earlier

Sanskrit is a very interesting language allowing many interpretations to different words.

Thanks to both of you and savitriji for all the interpretations.

regards,

sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Sat, 5/30/09, sarojram18 <rasikatns wrote:

sarojram18 <rasikatns[Guruvayur] Bhakthi and vibakthiguruvayur Date: Saturday, May 30, 2009, 9:13 AM

The root 'bhaj' also means to distinguish, revere and worship. That is ' viseshabhakthi. 'The usual meaning of vibhakthi also applies as the vibhakthi diffrentiates the word and shows it in a special meaning.So vibhakthi is that which distinguishes the object of devotion and presents it in a special light.That is what is called paramaikanthabhakth i in our vaishnavism, which is exclusive devotion to the chosen ideal. The vinbhakthi in the common meaning is bhaashaajnana and Bahkthi is the devotion which crosees the barriers of language and grammar. But in fact Bhakti should become vibhakthi, that is viseshabhakthi s expalined above.Here I am reminded of a funny story, A devotee who has no jnowledge of vibhakthiforms of words, was worshipping Hanumaan. He was asying hanumathaaya namaH, Alearned man nearby corrected him "No it is hanumathe namaH." then the mn said so and then said maaruthe namaH. Then the other corrected him saying"no. it is

maaruthaye namaH." Then the mancorrected himself and said aanjaneye namaH. The man again corrected him saying, "No.It should be aanjaneyaaya namaH." The devotee got fed up and said each nama as it is, saying " yath asya chathurThee thasmai namaH." All kow the story of padhmanaabho maraparbhuH. The implication is that the bhakthi idf sincere itself becomes vibhakthi. This is my interpretation to the best of my knowledg. saroja ramanujam

Guest guest

Pranamam Sreedeviji & Sarojaji,

I don't know how to express my thanks to both of you. These explanations are very much valuable to me and and to all Group Members.

Once again Thank you so much Sreedeviji & Sarojaji for clarifying my doubt.

With Prayers

Jayasnkar Vattekkat

--- On Sun, 31/5/09, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

NVP Menon <nvpmenonRe: [Guruvayur] Bhakthi and vibakthiguruvayur Date: Sunday, 31 May, 2009, 2:08 AM

Dear Jayashankarji,

Now you got to hear about the different vibhakthis used in the words, hamumathe, Maaruthaye, Anjanaayaye etc.As Sarojaji mentioned, vibhakthi can also mean visheshabhakthi .In this context, vibhakthi is more important than bhakthi.

But in the context of the story of poonthanam and melpattur,the interpretation was popularly given according to what I wrote earlier

Sanskrit is a very interesting language allowing many interpretations to different words.

Thanks to both of you and savitriji for all the interpretations.

regards,

sreedevi Menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Sat, 5/30/09, sarojram18 <rasikatns (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

sarojram18 <rasikatns (AT) gmail (DOT) com>[Guruvayur] Bhakthi and vibakthiguruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, May 30, 2009, 9:13 AM

The root 'bhaj' also means to distinguish, revere and worship. That is ' viseshabhakthi. 'The usual meaning of vibhakthi also applies as the vibhakthi diffrentiates the word and shows it in a special meaning.So vibhakthi is that which distinguishes the object of devotion and presents it in a special light.That is what is called paramaikanthabhakth i in our vaishnavism, which is exclusive devotion to the chosen ideal. The vinbhakthi in the common meaning is bhaashaajnana and Bahkthi is the devotion which crosees the barriers of language and grammar. But in fact Bhakti should become vibhakthi, that is viseshabhakthi s expalined above.Here I am reminded of a funny story, A devotee who has no jnowledge of vibhakthiforms of words, was worshipping Hanumaan. He was asying hanumathaaya namaH, Alearned man nearby corrected him "No it is hanumathe namaH." then the mn said so and then said maaruthe namaH. Then the other corrected him saying"no. it is

maaruthaye namaH." Then the mancorrected himself and said aanjaneye namaH. The man again corrected him saying, "No.It should be aanjaneyaaya namaH." The devotee got fed up and said each nama as it is, saying " yath asya chathurThee thasmai namaH." All kow the story of padhmanaabho maraparbhuH. The implication is that the bhakthi idf sincere itself becomes vibhakthi. This is my interpretation to the best of my knowledg. saroja ramanujam

Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more!