IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavatgita a detyailed study-chaper10-The glory of the divine manifestations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

10..theshaam sathatahyukthaanaam bhajathaam

preethipoorvakam

dhahdaami buDhiyogam tham yena maam upayaanthi the

To those who worship Me with mind engrossed in Me with love, I give the intellectual comprehension by which they attain Me.

budDhiyoga is the knowledge of the Lord and His glory and power as it is through intellectual understanding. The devotee being all the time engrossed in the thought of the Lord and doing everything as an offering to Him, sees Him everywhere and thus come to know the glory of His manifestations and that He is the power behind all. This knowledge comes to Him through the grace of the Lord because he is chosen by the Lord to attain Him as the Upanishad says, yamevaisha vrNuthe thena labhyaH, meaning that the Lord reveals Himself to the one whom He chooses to do so. This is what is implied by the second line of the sloka. How does He do it is explained in the next sloka.

The intellectual comprehension mentioned here is not the brahmajnana but only the knowledge of the divine manifestations and the power of The Lord, that He is in everything and everything is in Him. Armed with that they proceed towards the final goal of brahman realization which is attaining the Lord, who reveals Himself as explained next.

11. theshaam eva anuampaarTham aham ajnaanjam thamaH

naaSayaami aatmabhaavasThaH jnaana dheepena

bhaasvathaa

For them alone I destroy, from inside them, the darkness born out of ignorance by the brilliant light of knowledge.

Due to unswerving bhakthi all the impurities of the mind are removed and the mind is filled only with the thought of the Lord. When the mind is thus cleansed of all the impurities gathered from several births due to ignorance, the wisdom dawns. This is also the grace of the Lord who is in the heart of the devotee. The wisdom is the brilliant light that dispels the darkness of ignorance. When the darkness of ignorance is gone as soon as the light of wisdom arises in the heart, which is simultaneous as the Sun rise and the disappearance of darkness, they attain the Lord who was in them all the while but not seen due to ignorance. It is not attaining something which was not there before or reaching a destination but it is like rediscovering that which was there all the time but covered wit the veil of ignorance. Bhakthi is the chord that opens the curtain to reveal the Lord inside and He is the one who calls the ropes.