IndiaDivine.org

Re:Offerings to Guruvayoorappan !!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krishna, Guruvayoorappa ! Dear Bhaktas,

Guruvayoorappan's true Bhaktas are ever grateful to Bhagavan for all the good fortunes in their life . Though they are `viraktas' at heart , they act as `Asaktas' to fulfill their worldly obligations . They are ever glad to return part of their Bhagavan-gifted wealth to HIM . This offering helps to run the temple and associated institutions of Vedic Dharma . Bhagavad-Gita (3.11-13) :

May Bhaktas please the Devatas by *Yajna* ( offerings), and may Devatas please Bhaktas in turn by granting the desired fruits. Satisfying one another in this way Bhaktas will attain the supreme auspicious goal.

Being pleased by Bhakta's *yajna* , the Devatas will award the desired goals. Therefore a Person who enjoys the ingredients given by the Devatas, without any pay-back, is certainly a Thief.

Bhaktas who accept the remnants of *Yajna* become free from sin, but those who cook grains and other foodstuffs for their own sake are sinful, and certainly partake of sin.

When one offers something to Guruvayoorappan the soul purpose is to please Him ; and not the benefits to be attained from it . It is a duty due to Bhagavan and not any concession to HIM .

On His part , Guruvayoorappan is ever willing to spend His wealth for the welfare of Bhaktas . The *Prasada*Oottu* was started according to His specific instruction . In the recent Ashtamangala Devaprasnam held at Guruvayoor temple , Bhagavan revealed His wish to construct a *Saranalayam* for His elderly Bhaktas . Also, He asked to construct a *Veda-Patasala* ( Veda-teaching Institution) nearby the Temple. When the faithless Administrators pointed out obstacles to it , Bhagavan replied , "When I first asked for the starting of *Prasada-Oottu* too , you people raised the same objections . See, how well it is running. Similarly, these ventures will also succeed due to my grace" . While this revelation was concluding , Brahmasri Malliyoor Shankaran Namboothiri reached there . This sudden arrival of the living-legend , was interpreted by the Jyothishis as re-confirmation of Guruvayoorappan's will .

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya !!!

Krishnadaya

-------------guruvayur , nvpmenon wrote:>> > > Namsthe,> > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting mental peace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to get the peace by simple prayers or by reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that is needed.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsors udayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the Sannidhaanam to their hearts content for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens till it closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.You also get the prasadam from all the poojas.> When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for the birth star of the devotee.But you do not get the special preferance of Udayaasthaman pooja..> > Thulaabhaaram is done by devotees because they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if > certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they do the vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to Guruvayurappan.> None of these can be evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doing with the money they collected. > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They are there only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.> This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemed and learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.> regards,> Sreedevi menon> Om Namo Narayanaya> > > > > --- On Mon, 6/8/09, laksmikantam no_reply wrote:> > > laksmikantam no_reply > [Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN> guruvayur > Monday, June 8, 2009, 4:28 AM> > > > > > > > > Namaste,> > 1. Please, will someone review Pepita Seth's book in detail. How is it different from the blue and white book on Guruvayoor published by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, except that it is more recent? > > 2. It is true that the lord will accept anything when offered with true bhakti and it is that true bhakti we must all aspire for. BUT it is also true that these various pujai have their own significance and power. I was trying to understand what that power is in Udayasthamana and ahassu (havissu) pujai. If some learned person in this group will please explain.> > 3. Yes, the Udayasthamana pujai at Guruvayoor is fully booked up for the next 40 years. The Guruvayoor temple (or the government) has a few crores of rupees from just this pujai in its bank account!!!> > 4. I need advice. considering the politics in Kerala temples, are you all still giving money. Are people still making offerings where you weigh yourself against money, bananas, butter, etc... sorry I dont remember the malayalam name for it. Do you all still put money in the hundi, especially after stories have appeared in this newsgroup about what the money is really used for.> > Sorry I have sooo many questions!!! > > With regards,> laksmikantam> > 5. > > guruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:> >> > Om Namo Narayanaya> > Achuthan Nair is correct in saying, anything offered with true bhakthi, HE accepts whether it is phalam, pushpam, thoyam (water) or even "smara" (remember). Yes Pepita Seth (not Pepsitha Seth) has covered well in her book "Heaven on Earth" about Udayasthamana Pooja in chapter 8. Regarding Ahassu she has mentioned as havissu in the daily poojas, that I think is same as Ahassu. This havissu ( cooked rice according to her) is offered at the end of every pooja to all deities by melsanthi including the "balikallu" in the outskirts of the naalambalam. So offering Ahassu or havissu is also equivalent to that of Udayasthamana Pooja. I am not sure but currently the rumor for booking Udayasthaman a pooja is suspended. If HE wishes to bless us, I am sure HE will present us an opportunity to full-fill our wishes too. > > Om Namo Narayanaya> > Chandrasekharan> > > > > > > > chirattapuram anair1101@ ..>> > guruvayur@grou ps.com> > Saturday, June 6, 2009 5:20:23 PM> > [Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN> > > > > > > > > > > > The significance of any offering, be it Udayastmana pooja, Ahassu, Ghee Lamp, Archna or thulabharam , is the same, that is , what the devotee's belief is. Different people worship the Lord and make offerings for different reasons. Some for material gains, others for spiritual reasons, yet others to express gratutude for the good fortunes they have enjoyed or just to get Guruvayoorappan' s blessings. > > So it all depends on individual choices and preferences,> > > > By the way I have not read Pepsita Seth's book. > > > > jai shree krishna !> > > > guruvayur@grou ps.com, laksmikantam <no_reply@ .> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste,> > > > > > What really is the significance of the Udayastama puja and the ahassu that you just mentioned. Does Pepsita Seth's book cover all these?> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "chirattapuram" <anair1101@> wrote:> > > >> > > > > > > > Hari Om,> > > > > > > > ----------> > > > > > > > The most important and expensive offering at Guruvayoor is the> > > > Udayastamana Pooja. It is also the most popular among devotees and hence> > > > the waiting period at present is around 40 years.> > > > > > > > What many gurudevs do not know is about another offering which is> > > > equally important as the Udayastamana pooja but substantially less> > > > expensive with no waiting period.> > > > > > > > This offering is called " AHASSU " and this pooja lasts the whole day,> > > > starting when the sreekovil opens for Nirmalyadarsanam and lasts until> > > > the doors close after the Trippuka and include each and every daily> > > > pooja. Ahassu can be offered as an individual pooja like the> > > > Udayastamana pooja or it can also be offered on an elaborate scale that> > > > include : Seeveli, Ezhunnalippu, Melam, Panchavadyam ,> > > > Vilakkezhunnallippu etc.> > > > > > > > Achuthan Nair> > > > > > > > Jai Shree Krishna !> > > >> > >> >>