IndiaDivine.org

RE:Shayana Pradhakshinam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam.Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on internet so far.I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of. Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.Is there any pre-fasting conditions, change

in daily routine, before one starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore & Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it, but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam...As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God, what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper messages from the lord, wherein he explains what to do in the present Kali yuga

too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to control, and each day is an experience...Have a Good Day,AnilSingaporeRe: AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam

Dear Menonji,

Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the person

doing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards the

south , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.

But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : "I used to stand

and cry...................... .mentally " unquote.

Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.

Majority of the people remember God only when they are in despair and dire

distress and need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in the

presence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things and

wealth .

Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth and

fortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottom

of one's heart.

We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for providing

us all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, pure

water,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living creatures

... We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making our

lives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him our

pranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.

The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards prayers

and thank you Menonji for your contribution.

Achuthan Nair

jai shree krishna 1

guruvayur , ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon

wrote:

>

> Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes bath

in the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be a

companion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostrates

and then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granite

footpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in the

correct path. You have to chant "Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare

Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes when

rolling sand particles may fall in your eyes and your concentration may be

distrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into the

souther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in the

northern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.

There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will disturb

you and you should also no

> disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in early

morning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you and

apply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will suffer

from bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or folded

across your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doing

pradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed to

give her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it once. But

nowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done in

Guruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience. I used to

stand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committed

against others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but to

bless me not to hurt others physically or mentally.

>

> --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

>

> Anil NN <anilnn

> [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam

> guruvayur

> Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM

> Dear devotees,

>

> While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the Udayaasthama pooja,

how is Shayana Pradakshinam?

>

> I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and great

devotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested only

for some specific reasons?

>

> Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some light

on the topic.

>

> Best Regards,

> Anil

>

>

>

>

>

> Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

> Posted by: "nvpmenon " nvpmenon nvpmenon

> Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)

>

>

>

>

> Namsthe,

>

> All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting mental

peace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to get

the peace by simple prayers or by reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that is

needed.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsors

udayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the Sannidhaanam

to their hearts content for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens till

it closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.You

also get the prasadam from all the poojas..

> When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for the

birth star of the devotee..But you do not get the special preferance of

Udayaasthaman pooja..

>

> Thulaabhaaram is done by

> devotees because they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if

> certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they do

the vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to Guruvayurappan.

> None of these can be evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doing

with the money they collected.

> In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They are

there only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.

> This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemed

and learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.

> regards,

> Sreedevi menon

> Om Namo Narayanaya

> Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to

http://in.business./

>

Guest guest

There are two things which please KRISHNA in full.

In fact they are HIS patents.

One is MUNDANE

That is head shave

Krishna himself did this for rukmi when they had a fight

The other is the angappradhashinam.

Akuruvar did this,after knowing the true bhakthi of gopigas.

That was the first time for angap......

Krishna was pleased for the maximum

coming to rules

KRISHNA never prescribe  ANY RULE

i do angap..... even after taking coffee.

any more doubt/questions

narayana krishnamoorthi 

On 6/11/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam.Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on internet so far.I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of. Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.

Is there any pre-fasting conditions, change in daily routine, before one starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore & Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.

It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it, but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam...

As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God, what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper messages from the lord, wherein he explains what to do in the present Kali yuga too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to control, and each day is an experience...

Have a Good Day,AnilSingaporeRe: AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam Dear Menonji,Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the persondoing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards the

south , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : " I used to standand cry...................... .mentally " unquote.

Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.Majority of the people remember God only when they are in despair and diredistress and need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in the

presence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things andwealth .Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth andfortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottom

of one's heart.We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for providingus all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, purewater,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living creatures

... We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making ourlives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him ourpranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.

The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards prayersand thank you Menonji for your contribution.Achuthan Nairjai shree krishna 1guruvayur , ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon

wrote:>> Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes bathin the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be acompanion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostrates

and then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granitefootpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in thecorrect path. You have to chant " Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare

Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes whenrolling sand particles may fall in your eyes and your concentration may bedistrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into the

souther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in thenorthern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will disturb

you and you should also no> disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in earlymorning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you andapply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will suffer

from bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or foldedacross your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doingpradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed to

give her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it once. Butnowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done inGuruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience.  I used to

stand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committedagainst others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but tobless me not to hurt others physically or mentally. >

> --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:>> Anil NN <anilnn> [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam> guruvayur

> Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM> Dear devotees,>  > While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the Udayaasthama pooja,how is Shayana Pradakshinam?>  > I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and great

devotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested onlyfor some specific reasons?>  > Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some lighton the topic.

>  > Best Regards,> Anil>  >  >  >  >> Re: AHASSU,  An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN> Posted by: " nvpmenon " nvpmenon   nvpmenon

> Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)>>>>> Namsthe,>  > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting mentalpeace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to get

the peace by simple prayers or by reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that isneeded.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsorsudayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the Sannidhaanam

to their hearts content   for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens tillit closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.Youalso get the prasadam from all the poojas..> When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for the

birth star of the devotee..But  you do not get the special preferance ofUdayaasthaman pooja..>  > Thulaabhaaram is done by> devotees because  they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if> certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they do

the vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to Guruvayurappan.> None of these can be evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doingwith the money they collected. > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They are

there only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.> This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemedand learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.> regards,> Sreedevi menon

> Om Namo Narayanaya> Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go tohttp://in.business./

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Guruvayurappa!

Dear all,

I was reading with great interest this discussion on shayana pradakshinam. I wish to bring here another important point which we have missed altogether. The purpose of this marathon offering to the Lord is for just one thing:

"mahat paada raja abhishekam"

for smearing the dust of the feet of great devotees all over our body - this is a very spiritually purifying exercise. I wish to quote one sloka from Srimad Bhagavatam in this connection:

SB 5.12.12rahuganaitat tapasA na yAtina cejyayA nirvapaNAd grhAd vAna cchandasA naiva jalAgni sUryairvinA mahat pAda rajo-abhishekamMy dear King Rahugana, unless one has the opportunity to smear his entire body with the dust

of the lotus feet of great devotees, one cannot realize the Absolute

Truth. One cannot realize the Absolute Truth simply by observing

celibacy [brahmacarya], strictly following the rules and regulations of

householder life, leaving home as a vAnaprastha, accepting sannyAsa,

or undergoing severe penances in winter by keeping oneself submerged in

water or surrounding oneself in summer by fire and the scorching heat

of the sun. There are many other processes to understand the Absolute

Truth, but the Absolute Truth is only revealed to one who has attained

the mercy of a great devotee. (This is the advice given by Jada Bharatha to King Rahugana)Guruvayur is Bhooloka Vaikuntham - the Lord and His devotees are always performing various leelas here - also, several wonderful devotees are visiting the Lord here everyday - therefore it is highly desirable that we smear the dust of the feet of those exalted devotees all over ourselves so that we can understand Bhagavan better.I feel, it is in this light that we must interpret the shayana pradakshinam.

Regards,-sriram

=======--- On Thu, 6/11/09, Krishnamoorthi Venkatraman <krishnamoorthi.venkatraman wrote:

Krishnamoorthi Venkatraman <krishnamoorthi.venkatramanRe: [Guruvayur] RE:Shayana Pradhakshinamguruvayur Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 2:49 PM

There are two things which please KRISHNA in full.

In fact they are HIS patents.

One is MUNDANE

That is head shave

Krishna himself did this for rukmi when they had a fight

The other is the angappradhashinam.

Akuruvar did this,after knowing the true bhakthi of gopigas.

That was the first time for angap......

Krishna was pleased for the maximum

coming to rules

KRISHNA never prescribe ANY RULE

i do angap..... even after taking coffee.

any more doubt/questions

narayana krishnamoorthi

On 6/11/09, Anil NN <anilnn > wrote:

Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam. Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on internet so far.I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of. Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.Is there any pre-fasting conditions,

change in daily routine, before one starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore & Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it, but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam. ..As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God, what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper messages from the lord, wherein he explains what to do in the present Kali

yuga too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to control, and each day is an experience.. .Have a Good Day,AnilSingaporeRe: AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam Dear Menonji,Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the persondoing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards thesouth , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : "I used to standand cry......... ......... .... .mentally " unquote.Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.Majority of the people remember God only when they are in despair and diredistress and

need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in thepresence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things andwealth .Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth andfortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottomof one's heart.We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for providingus all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, purewater,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living creatures.. We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making ourlives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him ourpranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards prayersand thank you Menonji for your

contribution.Achuthan Nairjai shree krishna 1guruvayur@grou ps.com, ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@ ...>wrote:>> Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes bathin the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be acompanion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostratesand then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granitefootpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in thecorrect path. You have to chant "Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, HareKrishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes whenrolling sand particles may fall in

your

eyes and your concentration may bedistrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into thesouther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in thenorthern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will disturbyou and you should also no> disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in earlymorning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you andapply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will sufferfrom bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or foldedacross your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doingpradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed togive her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it once.

Butnowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done inGuruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience. I used tostand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committedagainst others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but tobless me not to hurt others physically or mentally. >> --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:>> Anil NN <anilnn> [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM> Dear devotees,> > While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the

Udayaasthama

pooja,how is Shayana Pradakshinam?> > I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and greatdevotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested onlyfor some specific reasons?> > Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some lighton the topic.> > Best Regards,> Anil> > > > >> Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN> Posted by: "nvpmenon " nvpmenon nvpmenon> Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)>>>>> Namsthe,> > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting mentalpeace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to getthe peace by simple prayers or by reading

bhagavatham or Githa,only that isneeded.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsorsudayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the Sannidhaanamto their hearts content for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens tillit closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.Youalso get the prasadam from all the poojas..> When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for thebirth star of the devotee..But you do not get the special preferance ofUdayaasthaman pooja..> > Thulaabhaaram is done by> devotees because they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if> certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they dothe vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to Guruvayurappan.> None of these can be evaluated by

wondering what the aministration is doingwith the money they collected. > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They arethere only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.> This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemedand learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.> regards,> Sreedevi menon> Om Namo Narayanaya> Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go tohttp://in.business. />

Guest guest

Namaste,

I am new to the group and it is a privilege to be part of such a bhakti group/movement.

I have been seeing the mails during the last 3 days which are very informative, interesting and focussed on Lord and His glories.

A passing thought came into mind, while going through the mails. Though I may not be fully seized of the level/trend of discussion in the group, I venture to add the following for sharing only.

In one of the spiritual satsanghs heard/seen on the TV, the Acharya asked a leading question to the audiene of some few thoustand people. His question was whether you have seen God? He looked around and naturally not even one raised the hand. He repeated the question. Thereafter, asked them,whether they have visited Tirupati Temple? Many raised their hands. He further asked whom, or what did you see there, if not the Lord.

He added, whether you have a prayer room at home ? Many again raised their hands. He asked what do you see there? Who is present there if not the Lord. How many has seen the God in this direction/perspecitve ? I found the approach of the Acharya rather direct and to the point. Hence this recall.

In a Sapthaha Yagnam at Mumbai, the Acharya stated-Assume that in every temple a board is kept to the effect that only those who have risen above Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Mada, and Matsara are allowed entry to the main temple. How many will be able to pass through? Very poignat question indeed, to my mind.

Most , if not all Bhaktas , want to realise the Lord ere long. By realising , one means, that he/she wants to see the Lord in his own image, what ever that be. Here Bhaja Govindam of Shankaracharya states-Kamam, Krodham, Lobham,Moham Twatkathmanam pasyati Soham- Discard desire, anger, greed and delusion and then you will see the Lord or realise that which one is searching. Can we reach the goal in any other manner?Is there any quick fixes in spiritualsim?Are we prepared to the pay price for God realisation as prescribed in our scriputures, Bhagawad Gita, Bhagavat ? As a person in this line for a long time, I am not raising these for anwers. But only to highlight the views given by the said Acharyas for information.

Hari Om

Dr. Balachandran

--- On Thu, 11/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

Anil NN <anilnn[Guruvayur] RE:Shayana Pradhakshinamguruvayur Date: Thursday, 11 June, 2009, 5:12 AM

Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam. Thank you very much for sharing such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on internet so far.I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of. Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.Is there

any pre-fasting conditions, change in daily routine, before one starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore & Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it, but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam. ..As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God, what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper messages from the lord, wherein he explains

what to do in the present Kali yuga too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to control, and each day is an experience.. .Have a Good Day,AnilSingaporeRe: AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam Dear Menonji,Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the persondoing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards thesouth , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : "I used to standand cry......... ......... .... .mentally " unquote.Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.Majority of the people remember God only when they are in

despair and diredistress and need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in thepresence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things andwealth .Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth andfortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottomof one's heart.We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for providingus all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, purewater,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living creatures.. We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making ourlives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him ourpranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards prayersand thank you

Menonji for your contribution.Achuthan Nairjai shree krishna 1guruvayur@grou ps.com, ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@ ...>wrote:>> Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes bathin the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be acompanion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostratesand then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granitefootpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in thecorrect path. You have to chant "Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, HareKrishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes whenrolling sand particles

may fall in your eyes and your concentration may bedistrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into thesouther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in thenorthern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will disturbyou and you should also no> disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in earlymorning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you andapply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will sufferfrom bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or foldedacross your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doingpradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed togive her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it

once. Butnowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done inGuruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience. I used tostand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committedagainst others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but tobless me not to hurt others physically or mentally. >> --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:>> Anil NN <anilnn> [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM> Dear devotees,> > While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the

Udayaasthama pooja,how is Shayana Pradakshinam?> > I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and greatdevotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested onlyfor some specific reasons?> > Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some lighton the topic.> > Best Regards,> Anil> > > > >> Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN> Posted by: "nvpmenon " nvpmenon nvpmenon> Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)>>>>> Namsthe,> > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting mentalpeace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to getthe peace by simple prayers or by

reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that isneeded.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsorsudayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the Sannidhaanamto their hearts content for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens tillit closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.Youalso get the prasadam from all the poojas..> When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for thebirth star of the devotee..But you do not get the special preferance ofUdayaasthaman pooja..> > Thulaabhaaram is done by> devotees because they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if> certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they dothe vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to Guruvayurappan.> None of these can be

evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doingwith the money they collected. > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They arethere only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.> This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemedand learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.> regards,> Sreedevi menon> Om Namo Narayanaya> Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go tohttp://in.business. />

Guest guest

Hari-Om

=======

Welcome to the GVR Bhakti group, Dr Balachandran.

Have you seen GOD ?

This same question was disturbing Swami Vivekannda and when he met Sri

Ramkrishna the first question he raised was Have you seen GOD ?

For the first time in his life, Narendra got the straight-forward answer from

Sri Ramakrishna: " Yes. I see him just as I see you here, only in a much more

intense sense. " He continued: " God can be realized. One can see and talk to him

as I am seeing and talking to you. But who cares? People shed torrents of tears

for their wife and children, for wealth or property, but who does so for the

sake of God? If one weeps sincerely for him, he surely manifests himself " .

(quote from C V Raman )

Sri Ramakrishna was a sage but we are not. How many of us shed tears of pure

bhakti and pray to Him with single-minded devotion in front of the Lord ?

How many of us worship the Lord sincerely and with a pure heart ? Almost none.

It is impossible for us mortals to realise, let alone SEE God in our own image

, which many of us desire.

Arjuna was Krishna's most trusted and loved devotee .

When Arjun asks the Lord :

" Just as you have described

yourself, I wish to see your form

in all its majesty,

Krishna, Supreme among Men. "

(-Gita verse 4, 11th teaching.-)

Bhagavaan replies :

Arjuna, see all the universe,

animate and inanimate,

and whatever else you wish to see

all stands here as one in my body.

But you cannot see me

with your own eyes;

I will give you a divine eye to see

the maajesty of my discipline.

( Gita 7-8/ 11 )

If Arjuna, His most trusted friend and cousin cannot see Bhagavan with his own

eyes, where do we mortals stand ? We can only hope to feel the presence of Sri

Guruvayoorappan provided we submit ourselves to Him with intense devotion and

unconditionl faith.

Achuthan Nair

jai shree krishna !

http://hindu-practice.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_see_god#ixzz0IEMQb6RO & D

guruvayur , Balachandran P <dr.bala wrote:

>

> Namaste,

> I am new to the group and it is  a privilege to be part of such a bhakti

group/movement.

> I have been seeing the mails during the last 3 days which are  very

informative, interesting and focussed on Lord and His glories.

> A passing thought came into mind, while going through the mails. Though I may

not be fully seized of the level/trend  of discussion in the group, I venture to

add the following for sharing only.

> In one of the spiritual satsanghs heard/seen on the TV, the Acharya asked a

leading question to the audiene of some few thoustand people. His question was

whether you have seen  God? He looked around and naturally not even one raised

the hand. He repeated the question. Thereafter, asked them,whether they have

visited Tirupati Temple? Many raised their hands. He further asked whom, or what

did you see there, if not the Lord.

> He added, whether you have a prayer room at home ? Many again raised their

hands. He asked what do you see there? Who is present there if not the Lord. How

many has seen the God in this direction/perspecitve ? I  found the approach of  

the Acharya rather direct and to the point. Hence this recall.

> In a Sapthaha Yagnam at Mumbai, the Acharya stated-Assume that in every temple

a board is kept to the effect that only those who have risen above Kama, Krodha,

Lobha, Moha, Mada, and Matsara are allowed entry to the main temple. How many

will be able to pass through? Very poignat question indeed, to my mind.

>  

> Most , if not all Bhaktas  , want to realise the Lord ere long. By realising

,  one means, that he/she wants to see the Lord in his own image, what ever that

be. Here Bhaja Govindam of Shankaracharya states-Kamam, Krodham, Lobham,Moham

Twatkathmanam pasyati Soham- Discard desire, anger, greed and delusion  and then

you will see  the Lord or realise that  which one is searching. Can we reach the

goal in any other manner?Is there any quick fixes in spiritualsim?Are we

prepared to the  pay price for God realisation as prescribed in our scriputures,

Bhagawad Gita, Bhagavat ? As a person in this line for a long time, I am not

raising these for anwers. But only to highlight the views given by the

said Acharyas for information.

> Hari Om

> Dr. Balachandran 

>

>

> --- On Thu, 11/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

>

>

> Anil NN <anilnn

> [Guruvayur] RE:Shayana Pradhakshinam

> guruvayur

> Thursday, 11 June, 2009, 5:12 AM

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,

>

> Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam. Thank you very much for

sharing such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on

internet so far.

>

> I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all

barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of.

Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are

able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While

waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing

and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering

the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I

feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule

they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.

>

> Is there any pre-fasting conditions, change in daily routine, before one

starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have

read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore

& Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.

>

> It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to

Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest

and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it,

but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam. ..

>

> As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned

gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God,

what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the

meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper

messages from the lord, wherein he explains what to do in the present Kali yuga

too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation

and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running

after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to

control, and each day is an experience.. .

>

> Have a Good Day,

> Anil

> Singapore

>

>

> Re: AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam

> Dear Menonji,

>

> Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the person

> doing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards the

> south , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.

> But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : " I used to stand

> and cry......... ......... .... .mentally " unquote.

> Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.

> Majority of the people remember God only when they are in despair and dire

> distress and need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in

the

> presence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things

and

> wealth .

> Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth and

> fortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottom

> of one's heart.

>

> We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for

providing

> us all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, pure

> water,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living

creatures

> .. We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making our

> lives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him

our

> pranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.

> The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards

prayers

> and thank you Menonji for your contribution.

>

> Achuthan Nair

>

> jai shree krishna 1

>

>

> guruvayur@grou ps.com, ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@ ...>

> wrote:

> >

> > Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes

bath

> in the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be

a

> companion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostrates

> and then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granite

> footpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in the

> correct path. You have to chant " Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare

> Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes when

> rolling sand particles may fall in your eyes and your concentration may be

> distrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into

the

> souther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in the

> northern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.

> There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will

disturb

> you and you should also no

> > disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in early

> morning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you and

> apply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will suffer

> from bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or folded

> across your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doing

> pradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed

to

> give her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it once. But

> nowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done in

> Guruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience.  I used to

> stand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committed

> against others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but to

> bless me not to hurt others physically or mentally. 

> >

> > --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn@> wrote:

> >

> > Anil NN <anilnn@>

> > [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam, ... Shayana Pradakshinam

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com

> > Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM

>

> > Dear devotees,

> >  

> > While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the Udayaasthama pooja,

> how is Shayana Pradakshinam?

> >  

> > I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and great

> devotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested only

> for some specific reasons?

> >  

> > Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some light

> on the topic.

> >  

> > Best Regards,

> > Anil

> >  

> >  

> >  

> >  

> >

> > Re: AHASSU,  An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

> > Posted by: " nvpmenon " nvpmenon   nvpmenon

> > Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Namsthe,

> >  

> > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting

mental

> peace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to get

> the peace by simple prayers or by reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that is

> needed.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsors

> udayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the

Sannidhaanam

> to their hearts content   for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens

till

> it closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.You

> also get the prasadam from all the poojas..

> > When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for the

> birth star of the devotee..But  you do not get the special preferance of

> Udayaasthaman pooja..

> >  

> > Thulaabhaaram is done by

> > devotees because  they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if

> > certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they

do

> the vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to

Guruvayurappan.

> > None of these can be evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doing

> with the money they collected. 

> > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They are

> there only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.

> > This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemed

> and learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.

> > regards,

> > Sreedevi menon

> > Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> > Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to

> http://in.business. /

> >

>

Guest guest

Hari-Om

-------

Dear Anil,

No vratam/ FASTING is required. This is different from the pilgrimage to Palani

or Shabarimala because this offering can be made in any temple of your

preference. Maintain a clean body and mind. Start the pradikshinam early

morning, after a full dip in the temple pond, intAke of any food/DRINK is not

advised, you can tAke the Lord's nivedyam or prasad immediately , Once you are

DONE WITH THE RITUAL.

jai shree krishna !

Achuthan Nair

guruvayur , Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

>

> Dear Ramachandraji and Achuthanji,

>

> Excellent information on Shayana pradhakshinam.Thank you very much for sharing

such valuable information, which I could not find in any books or on internet so

far.

>

> I totally agree with you that it's the ultimate devotion, which breaks all

barriers between rich, poor and any other categories which we can think of.

Requires total dedication (there are some exceptions, where some devotees are

able to roll at express train speeds!!!), from those who are involved. While

waiting in the queue, I have seen some of them finding difficulty in progressing

and also the prayers and the devotion of those accompanying the devotee offering

the shayana pradhakshinam. In the process, we too offer our prayers for them...I

feel, ladies are not allowed to do shayana pradhakshinam, similar to the rule

they have wherein women cannot prostrate full stretch (like men) in temples.

>

> Is there any pre-fasting conditions, change in daily routine, before one

starts to offer shayana pradhakshinam? Any rules and regulations etc? I have

read that to do the shoolam piercing for Lord Muruga on Thaipusum (in Singapore

& Malaysia) the devotees undergo a vratham of around 41 days or so.

>

> It's similar to the situation, we have come across on pilgrimage to

Sabarimala. Old and tired devotees who find the climb difficult, who take rest

and manage on the way. On the first pilgrimage, we doubt if they would make it,

but later on in a couple of hours, get to see those devotees at sannidhanam...

>

> As a minimum, for any Krishna devotee, I agree (which is preached by learned

gurus), that one should get started by reading the Bhagavat Gita to know God,

what to pray and how to pray,... Guruvayoor devasom publishes a book with the

meanings of each line in Malayalam, which costs only around Rs. 50.Proper

messages from the lord, wherein he explains what to do in the present Kali yuga

too... from where we can progress to learn more on vedas and to god realisation

and beyond... Really amazing to know what is life, when we had been running

after studies, job, career, family,comforts, ... The mind game is difficult to

control, and each day is an experience...

>

> Have a Good Day,

> Anil

> Singapore

>

>

> Re: AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam

> Dear Menonji,

>

> Your explanation is beutiful. I think you forgot to mention that the person

> doing the Pradikshinam should start rolling from the east nada towards the

> south , go around and come back from the north to the original starting point.

> But what touched me most are the last two sentences ,quote : " I used to stand

> and cry...................... .mentally " unquote.

> Most of us visit the temple not knowing how to pray and what to pray for.

> Majority of the people remember God only when they are in despair and dire

> distress and need a shoulder to lean on and that is when they find solace in

the

> presence of the Lord and ask for His favours in the form of material things

and

> wealth .

> Worship should not be in the form of chasing God , begging for wealth and

> fortunes . Bhakthi should not be superficial but should evolve from the bottom

> of one's heart.

>

> We should offer our prayers to the almighty Lord to show gratitude for

providing

> us all the beautiful things surrounding us , such as fresh air, pure

> water,beautiful flowers , fruits, trees, and all the wonderful living

creatures

> .. We should also thank Him for giving us our daily bread and for making our

> lives less miserable. We should praise Him, Chant His praises and offer Him

our

> pranaams ih the form of flowers and thulsi leaves and glorify His holy name.

> The last part of your message contains exactly the same attitude towards

prayers

> and thank you Menonji for your contribution.

>

> Achuthan Nair

>

> jai shree krishna 1

>

>

> guruvayur , ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Shayana Prakshinam is the ultimate display of devotion. The devotee takes

bath

> in the temple tank and comes inside the temple in wet clothes. There has to be

a

> companion accompanying him. He just stands before the God and then prostrates

> and then with extended hand above his head proceeds rolling in the granite

> footpath around the temple. In the corners you companion has to put you in the

> correct path. You have to chant " Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare, Hare

> Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare. Better close your eyes when

> rolling sand particles may fall in your eyes and your concentration may be

> distrubed. Starting with Kizhakke Nada (East gate) roll along and turn into

the

> souther boudary and then again turn into the Western Nada and the turn in the

> northern path and again turn at the end and come back to the kishakke Nada.

> There will be lot of people doing this pradikshanam and henc nobody will

disturb

> you and you should also no

> > disturb other doing this pradakshinam. The best time to do this is in early

> morning hours when there will less rush and other devotees will touch you and

> apply it to their heads in obeisance. It is painful exercise, you will suffer

> from bruises and cuts. You can choose to keep the hands extended or folded

> across your chest. Ladies are usually not allowed to do this. While doing

> pradakshinam their dress may go in disarray and more companions may be needed

to

> give her protection. My wife had done it and my sister also did it once. But

> nowadays I dont find any ladies doing shayana pradakshinam. But I have done in

> Guruvayur and in Sabarimala. It is really a very great experience. I used to

> stand and cry infront of the Lord. to pardon me for all the sins I committed

> against others knowingly and unknowingly. I dont ask for any favours but to

> bless me not to hurt others physically or mentally.

> >

> > --- On Tue, 9/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn@> wrote:

> >

> > Anil NN <anilnn@>

> > [Guruvayur] AHASSU, Thulabharam,... Shayana Pradakshinam

> > guruvayur

> > Tuesday, 9 June, 2009, 8:47 PM

>

> > Dear devotees,

> >

> > While we are discussing about Ahassu,Thulabharam and the Udayaasthama pooja,

> how is Shayana Pradakshinam?

> >

> > I feel that to do a shayana pradakshinam needs more discipline, and great

> devotion and when is it to be done? How is it to be done? Is it suggested only

> for some specific reasons?

> >

> > Appreciate if some of our learned teachers/devotees could provide some light

> on the topic.

> >

> > Best Regards,

> > Anil

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

> > Posted by: " nvpmenon " nvpmenon nvpmenon

> > Mon Jun 8, 2009 10:09 pm (PDT)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Namsthe,

> >

> > All the vazhipadu or poojas sponsored by devotees are done for getting

mental

> peace and for relief from physical and mental suffering. If one is able to get

> the peace by simple prayers or by reading bhagavatham or Githa,only that is

> needed.We all go to the temple only for the same purpose. When one sponsors

> udayasthamana pooja, the devotees are able to pray in front of the

Sannidhaanam

> to their hearts content for all the poojas from the moment the nada opens

till

> it closes.I can only imagine the nirvruthi one gets with such a privilege!.You

> also get the prasadam from all the poojas..

> > When the Ahassu is sponsored one whole days pooja is also sponsored for the

> birth star of the devotee..But you do not get the special preferance of

> Udayaasthaman pooja..

> >

> > Thulaabhaaram is done by

> > devotees because they pray to Bhagavan that they will do it if

> > certain problems they have are solved.When they get the desired result they

do

> the vazhipadu to show the gratitude and fulfil their promise to

Guruvayurappan.

> > None of these can be evaluated by wondering what the aministration is doing

> with the money they collected.

> > In other words, Guruvayurappan does not need any of these offerings.They are

> there only for the sake of the devoteeswho may want to do it.

> > This is my understanding about the subjects mentioned. Some of our esteemed

> and learned Gurudevs may want to explain also.

> > regards,

> > Sreedevi menon

> > Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> > Own a website.Get an unlimited package.Pay next to nothing.*Go to

> http://in.business./

> >

>