IndiaDivine.org

Grateful for my pleasant experience.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Gurudevs,

Pranams,

Just back from my vacation to Malaysia and Singapore and reading all the wonderful and informative mails from our group.

Thanks to two devotees in our group, Anil NN from Singapore & Shobha Subramanium from Malaysia, my trip was more memorable.

Anilji and his wife Preetha,a young couple, specially took time off their busy lives topick us up from our hotel and take us to the Lord Krishna temple at Waterloo street in Singapore (apart from taking us around and to their home too). This is a very beautiful temple , with a very positive Aura all around it. Lord krishna , being 'Alankarapriyan' , it was a treat to see the well bedecked Lord Krishna and Radhaji. In addition , there were seperate mandapams for Lord Guruvayurappan,Lord Rama and Sitadevi , Lord Hayagrivha . The cheerful looking priests chanted shlokas in very clear musical tones while conducting the archanas and I learnt from Anilji that, as just a few yards away, there was a chinese temple, the chinese too would bow reverentially before Lord Krishna and light joss sticks outside the temple.This was further confirmed by our chinese tour guide, Lillian, who said, that to the chinese, the hindu gods looked like their Tao gods and therefore they felt very connected at our temples. she specifically mentioned this temple on waterloo street.And when I visited a chinese temple , I too felt the same.

Shobhaji from Malaysia mentioned that she was away in Australia, but she took great pains in sending me lots of info by email to make my stay in malaysia pleasant. She had suggested that we visit the Krishna temple at klang, where she lives, but due to time constraints, we could not make it but we almost made it to the Batu caves dedicated to Lord Kartikeya, which too she had suggested.

After a very tiring day at Genting, we promptly dozed off in the pick-up car back to our hotel. When I awoke on the opposite side was this huge, Mammoth, Golden statue of Lord Kartikeya , glistening in splendour in the evening sun. When I asked the driver , he said it was the statue at the entrance to the Batu caves, but he was not willing to take us there.Dejected, I recited a mental prayer and bowed from the car. In a split second, this driver changed his mind and said,"ok, I can give you only 20 minutes there", took a detour crossing the flyover and took us to the caves.Not sure ,if i would be able to climb up and down those 278 steps leading to the cave with my swelled feet i those specified 20 minutes,Ii just touched the first step and bowed and visited the temple below. When I came out there was a procession and the statue of Lord Kartikeya,bedecked with flowers was at the bottom near the steps. It was like if Mohammed cannot go the the mountains, the mountains coming to Mohammed. For me , it was a very touching experience and I prayed , that if I visit Malaysia again, surely I will climb up those steps and offer my obeisances.

I felt, good to meet and interact with the Gurudevs from these countries and prayed that our group members and their families always enjoy this feeling of 'Vasudeva kutumbam'. One more thing I observed was that somehow, there was more religious tolerance there and communal harmony was visible everywhere. Our guide said that Diwali, Christmas, chinese new year & Hari raya puasa(end of ramadan for muslims) Was celebrated with equal fervour by all.It certainly felt very nice to hear that and my prayers that communal harmony prevails all around the world always.

Loving regards to all of you.

Jayashree S Menon

Mumbai

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Hi

What a lovely trip you would have had..... I was happy to know that you too have experienced Lord's Leelas. 

Thanks for your mail, regarding my daughter's marriage.

Best regards,

OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA !!

2009/6/13 jayashree menon <jayashree_66

Dear Gurudevs, Pranams,Just back from my vacation to Malaysia and Singapore and reading all the  wonderful and informative mails from our group.Thanks to two devotees in our group, Anil NN from Singapore  & Shobha Subramanium from Malaysia, my trip was more memorable.

Anilji and his wife Preetha,a young couple, specially took time off their busy lives topick us up from our hotel and  take us to the Lord Krishna temple at Waterloo street in Singapore (apart from taking us around and to their home too). This is a very beautiful temple , with a very positive Aura all around it. Lord krishna , being 'Alankarapriyan' , it was a treat to see the well bedecked Lord Krishna and Radhaji. In addition , there were seperate mandapams for Lord Guruvayurappan,Lord Rama and Sitadevi , Lord Hayagrivha . The cheerful looking priests chanted shlokas in very clear musical tones while conducting the archanas and I learnt from Anilji that, as just a few yards away, there was a chinese temple, the chinese too would bow reverentially before Lord Krishna and light joss sticks outside the temple.This was further confirmed by our chinese tour guide, Lillian, who said, that to the chinese, the hindu gods looked like their Tao gods and therefore they felt very connected at our temples. she specifically mentioned this temple on waterloo street.And when I visited a chinese temple , I too felt the same.  

Shobhaji from Malaysia mentioned that she was away in Australia, but she took great pains in sending me lots of info by email to make my stay in malaysia pleasant. She had suggested that we visit the Krishna temple at klang, where she lives, but due to time constraints, we could not make it but we almost made it to the Batu caves dedicated to Lord Kartikeya, which too she had suggested.

After a very tiring day at Genting, we promptly dozed off in the pick-up car back to our hotel. When I awoke on the opposite side was this huge, Mammoth, Golden statue of Lord Kartikeya , glistening in splendour in the evening sun. When I asked the driver , he said it was the statue at the entrance to the  Batu caves, but he was not willing to take us there.Dejected, I recited a mental prayer and bowed from the car. In a split second, this driver changed his mind and said, " ok, I can give you only 20 minutes there " , took a detour crossing the flyover and took us to the caves.Not sure ,if i would be able to climb up and down those 278 steps leading to the cave with my swelled feet i those specified 20 minutes,Ii just touched the first step and bowed and visited the temple below. When I came out there was a procession and the statue of Lord Kartikeya,bedecked with flowers was at the bottom near the steps. It was like if Mohammed cannot go the the mountains, the mountains coming to Mohammed. For me , it was a very touching experience and I prayed , that if I visit Malaysia again, surely I will climb up those steps and offer my obeisances.

I felt, good to meet and interact with the Gurudevs from these countries and prayed that our group members and their families always enjoy this feeling of 'Vasudeva kutumbam'. One more thing I observed was that somehow, there was more religious tolerance there and communal harmony was visible everywhere. Our guide said that Diwali, Christmas, chinese new year & Hari raya puasa(end of ramadan for muslims) Was celebrated with equal fervour by all.It certainly felt very nice to hear that and my prayers that communal harmony prevails all around the world always.

Loving regards to all of you. Jayashree S MenonMumbai

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear Jayashree,

Good to note that you had a great trip to Malasia & Singapore and our group

members offered you help. Also good to read about the leelas of God, after all

how can He disappoint a pure devotee like you?

Guruvayur group thank Anilji, Preethaji of Singapore and Shobhaji of Malasia for

extending help to Jayashreeji. As we function as a large extended family of

Guruvayoorappan Devotees, this is a good example of what devotees can do for

each other. Thank you.

Please continue to help each other in whatever way possible. It is indeed

Madhava Seva when we serve other Krishna's devotees.

Om Namo Narayanaya:

Sunil

guruvayur , jayashree menon <jayashree_66 wrote:

>

>

> Dear Gurudevs,

>

>

>

> Pranams,

>

> Just back from my vacation to Malaysia and Singapore and reading all the

wonderful and informative mails from our group.

>

> Thanks to two devotees in our group, Anil NN from Singapore & Shobha

Subramanium from Malaysia, my trip was more memorable.

>

>

>

> Anilji and his wife Preetha,a young couple, specially took time off their busy

lives topick us up from our hotel and take us to the Lord Krishna temple at

Waterloo street in Singapore (apart from taking us around and to their home

too). This is a very beautiful temple , with a very positive Aura all around it.

Lord krishna , being 'Alankarapriyan' , it was a treat to see the well bedecked

Lord Krishna and Radhaji. In addition , there were seperate mandapams for Lord

Guruvayurappan,Lord Rama and Sitadevi , Lord Hayagrivha . The cheerful looking

priests chanted shlokas in very clear musical tones while conducting the

archanas and I learnt from Anilji that, as just a few yards away, there was a

chinese temple, the chinese too would bow reverentially before Lord Krishna and

light joss sticks outside the temple.This was further confirmed by our chinese

tour guide, Lillian, who said, that to the chinese, the hindu gods looked like

their Tao gods and therefore they felt very connected at our temples. she

specifically mentioned this temple on waterloo street.And when I visited a

chinese temple , I too felt the same.

>

>

>

> Shobhaji from Malaysia mentioned that she was away in Australia, but she took

great pains in sending me lots of info by email to make my stay in malaysia

pleasant. She had suggested that we visit the Krishna temple at klang, where she

lives, but due to time constraints, we could not make it but we almost made it

to the Batu caves dedicated to Lord Kartikeya, which too she had suggested.

>

>

>

> After a very tiring day at Genting, we promptly dozed off in the pick-up car

back to our hotel. When I awoke on the opposite side was this huge, Mammoth,

Golden statue of Lord Kartikeya , glistening in splendour in the evening sun.

When I asked the driver , he said it was the statue at the entrance to the Batu

caves, but he was not willing to take us there.Dejected, I recited a mental

prayer and bowed from the car. In a split second, this driver changed his mind

and said, " ok, I can give you only 20 minutes there " , took a detour crossing the

flyover and took us to the caves.Not sure ,if i would be able to climb up and

down those 278 steps leading to the cave with my swelled feet i those specified

20 minutes,Ii just touched the first step and bowed and visited the temple

below. When I came out there was a procession and the statue of Lord

Kartikeya,bedecked with flowers was at the bottom near the steps. It was like if

Mohammed cannot go the the mountains, the mountains coming to Mohammed. For me ,

it was a very touching experience and I prayed , that if I visit Malaysia again,

surely I will climb up those steps and offer my obeisances.

>

>

>

> I felt, good to meet and interact with the Gurudevs from these countries and

prayed that our group members and their families always enjoy this feeling of

'Vasudeva kutumbam'. One more thing I observed was that somehow, there was more

religious tolerance there and communal harmony was visible everywhere. Our guide

said that Diwali, Christmas, chinese new year & Hari raya puasa(end of ramadan

for muslims) Was celebrated with equal fervour by all.It certainly felt very

nice to hear that and my prayers that communal harmony prevails all around the

world always.

>

>

>

> Loving regards to all of you.

>

>

>

> Jayashree S Menon

>

> Mumbai

>

> More than messages–check out the rest of the Windows Live™.

> http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/

>