IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavatgita a detailed study- chapter 10 teh glory of the divine manifestations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

39.yacchaapi sarvabhoothaanaam beejam thath aham arjuna

na thath asthi vinaa yath syaath mayaa bhootham

charaacharam

What ever is the seed (origin) of all beings , that is Me, Arjuna. Nothing which is moving or not moving can exist without Me.

40.naantho asthi mama dhivyaanaam vibhootheenaam

parantahpa

esha thu udDhesathaH proktho vibhootheH vistharao mayaa

There is no end for my divine manifestations, oh scorcher of foes, What has been said is the expanse of my glories in brief.

41.yath yath vibhoothimath satthvam Sreemadh oorjitham

eva vaa

thath thath eva avagacCha thvam mam thejo

amSasambhavam

Whatever entity that is manifested with glory, power and energy know that to be a fragment of My glory.

42. aThavaabahunaa ethena kimjnaathena thava arjuna

vishtabhya aham idham krthsnam ekaamSena sThitho

jagath

Why say more Arjuna? I am all pervading supporting the universe with just one fragment of Mine.

Arjuna asked the Lord to tell him about the entities in which he could perceive the manifestation of Divinity. Krishna specified 54 entities where the divinity could be seen. But He is in all beings, sentient and insentient and hence His immanence could not be understood fully. Even after taking into account all beings, still the manifestation of the Lord could not be exhausted because the whole universe is only a fraction of Him.

Saying thus Krishna concludes that He is the seed of all beings and nothing movable or immovable can exist without Him. He tells Arjuna that there is no end to His divine manifestations and what has been told so far is only a brief account. Whatever possesses power, splendour or energy should be viewed as a fragment of the power of the Lord. Krishna clinches the issue by saying that He is sustaining the whole universe with a fragment of His power, as declared in Purushasuktha paadho asya viSvaa bhoothaani tthripaadhasyaamrtham dhivi, meaning that the whole universe with all its beings is only one fourth of the power of the Lord while three fourths are eternally in heaven.

In the next adhyaya the transcendence of the Lord is displayed by the Cosmic form.