IndiaDivine.org

Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the number of days he intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and

Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya), Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2 nights, darshanam in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples

may have to be done. If so, please enlighten...If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations.Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure now, which is next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants.Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom...Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties

with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,Anil

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "S.Ramakirushnan" <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:

> > >

> > > We are interested in visiting temples in and around

Guruvayur and Trichur. Can anyone in this group suggest to us the names

of the important temples there, the route and the places where we can

get brahmin food against payment. SR

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks, that was a very good compilation.Regards,Premhttp://www.hinduismnet.comhttp://www.kottiyoortemple.com--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:Anil NN <anilnn[Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simpleguruvayur Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 9:53 AM

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the number of days he intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and

Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya), Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2 nights, darshanam in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples

may have to be done. If so, please enlighten...If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations.Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure now, which is next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants.Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom...Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties

with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,Anil

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "S.Ramakirushnan" <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Namaskaram!I am 77, single (widower) in good health,mentally and physically and can support myselt financially.There is not a day ,nay, moment, when I do not yearn to shift to Guruvayur and spend my last days by drinking Him thru eyes,ears,hands and Chittham silently.In there any place where I can stay comfortably at Guruvayur,not far from His Temple I have visited Guruvayur many times but now I want to merge in Him!Can someone give me Karavalambam,helping hand?Hantha! Bhagyam Jananam!DasanudasanViswanathan--- On Wed, 6/24/09, Upama. Menon. <upamamenon wrote:Upama. Menon. <upamamenonRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made

Simpleguruvayur Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 11:19 PM

Samoohamadom ....near Maharaja building Guruvayoor.. ..its a mess in a brahmin family

good food prepd by them will be served for rs 23/-.As they also under take catering 4 marriages they provide unlimited quantity of payasam 4 the customers.--- On Wed, 24/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn > wrote:

Anil NN <anilnn >[Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simpleguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, 24 June, 2009, 9:53 AM

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the number of

days he

intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya) , Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2 nights, darshanam

in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples may have to be done. If so, please enlighten... If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations. Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure now, which is

next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants. Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom...Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,Anil> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "S.Ramakirushnan" <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:> > >> > > We are interested in visiting temples in and around Guruvayur and Trichur. Can anyone in this group suggest

to us the names of the important temples there, the route and the places where we can get brahmin food against payment. SR> > >> >>

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

Namaste!In case nobody made any reference to the Dhanvantari temple near Vadakkancherry, Thrissur District, may be that should be added to the list.  It is one of the few temples for Dhanvantarmoorthi and I have not been to any other one.

Hari Om!Chith Puram

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Anil NN <anilnn wrote:

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.

Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the number of days he intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.

To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and

Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of

5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya), Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.

If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2 nights, darshanam in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!

There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples

may have to be done. If so, please enlighten...If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations.Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure now, which is next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants.Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom...

Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties

with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,

Anil

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, " S.Ramakirushnan " <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Namaskaram to all

Sri Achuthan Nair (Chith Puram) is right. This is an ancient temple and

one can certainly feel the divine vibrations there. Its also known as

Pancha Moorthy Kshetram. The last time I was there, I met the mel

shanti who quit a career/education in Chartered Accountancy on divine

directions, to assume duty here. The mel shanti also seems adept in

jyotisha sastram. One should listen to the Dhanvantari mantram he

chants while doing pooja. Enchanting!

Truly, God in his own country.

May Sri Dhanvantari Moorthy bless and protect.

Best wishes

R. Kasthuri Rangan

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Please advise me where is the exact location of the Dhanvantari temple.

Regards,

Jayakrishnan

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpaRe: [Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simpleguruvayur Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 5:15 PM

Namaste!In case nobody made any reference to the Dhanvantari temple near Vadakkancherry, Thrissur District, may be that should be added to the list. It is one of the few temples for Dhanvantarmoorthi and I have not been to any other one.Hari Om!Chith Puram

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Anil NN <anilnn > wrote:

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the

number of days he intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya) , Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2

nights, darshanam in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples may have to be done. If so, please enlighten... If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations. Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure

now, which is next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants. Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom...Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,Anil> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "S.Ramakirushnan" <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:> > >> > > We are interested in visiting temples in and around Guruvayur and Trichur. Can anyone in this

group suggest to us the names of the important temples there, the route and the places where we can get brahmin food against payment. SR> > >> >>

Guest guest

Chirichikavu devi temple near Guruvayoor, is another famous temple where the devotees just laugh and clap hands as part of worship of the goddess.

Alathiyur Hanuman temple near Thirunavaya is very famous where the prathishta is of Rama and Lakshmana. Hanumanji is in the sitting posture as if listening to Rama. Aval nivedyam is very famous. It can be preserved for a long time.

--- On Mon, 29/6/09, Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

Seema Ravindran <seemawarrierFw: [Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simple"Guruvayur" <guruvayur >Monday, 29 June, 2009, 1:28 PM

Near to Tuprangode, is Navamukunda temple, 3 kms from Tuprangode, near to Hanuman Kavu is Garudan Kavu.

The very famous Kadampuzha Bhagavathy temple is not far off from all these places.

-- On Wed, 24/6/09, Anil NN <anilnn > wrote:

Anil NN <anilnn >[Guruvayur] Re: Temples around Guruvayoor/Trichur - Made Simpleguruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, 24 June, 2009, 9:53 AM

Amazing information about most of the temples in and around Trichur, our group has shared over the past few days. In fact, I hardly knew most of these, while praying at some of these temples! It would be a good practice, if the temples had a pillar which described the temple background in both Malayalam and English (which would remain in sunlight or rain) for devotees from far and near to understand better and pray better.Reading all our inputs, I am not sure how Ramakirushnanji would be able to pray at all these temples, especially since it seems, he is coming from out of Kerala. It also depends on the number of days he

intends to spend in Gurvayoor/Trichur.To make his and other devotees task easier (no offence to any temples or any of our devotees), especially when coming to Guruvayoor, it might be possible in 1 to 2 nights stay to have darshan in the temples in the Golden Traingle of Guruvayoor, Kodungalloor and Trichur (now Thrissur).Accordingly it could be1. Guruvayoor Krishna Temple2. Thriprayar Rama Temple3. Kodungalloor Devi Temple4. Kodalmanikyam (in Irinjalakuda) - being the only Bharata temple I have heard of5. Vadakunnathan Siva Temple(Thrissur)6. Paramekkavu Devi Temple(Thrissur)7. Thiruvambadi (Thrissur) - Ambadi Unni Kannan is the main diety, devi is also beside...Thuprankode (near Thirunavaya) , Hanuman kavu can be part of another traingle, if we omit Kodungallor as one of the ends of the triangle... or extend the triangle to a rectangle.If stay can be extended beyond of 1 to 2 nights, darshanam

in other important temples could also be done. It might be ideal to come during Thrissur Pooram (which I see is on April 24, 2010) whereby poorams from neighbouring temples come to Vadakunnathan temple, and what a festival it is!There could be an order or sequence in which praying at these temples may have to be done. If so, please enlighten... If there is none, then Thrissur might be a good start point (if coming by train, since it is the station which has stops for trains coming from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore). If flying into Kochi or Kozhikode, a taxi or bus can be taken to any of these destinations. Preferably better choices to stay are in Guruvayoor and Thrissur (hotels to match individual choices can be found by doing an online search).Restaurants in Gurvayoor shouldnt be a problem at all. In Thrissur, safe ones are Bharat (which is on a small lane behind of the Ragam movie theatre) and Pathans (was good, not sure now, which is

next to the Ragam movie theatre) are good pure vegetarian restaurants. Not sure of the latest ones though in the shopping malls...or in samooha madom....Mostly everyone is willing to help in Kerala, so getting directions would not be a problem on the road or rail or air. But you could have difficulties with hiring taxis, auto rickshaws who may charge a bit more when one is an outsider.You could ask the hotel reception for an approximate rate so as to have an idea of current rates!I hope this helps...Best Regards,Anil> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "S.Ramakirushnan" <sr_pon1941@ > wrote:> > >> > > We are interested in visiting temples in and around Guruvayur and Trichur. Can anyone in this group suggest to us the names of the important temples

there, the route and the places where we can get brahmin food against payment. SR> > >> >>

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Looking for local information? Find it on Local