IndiaDivine.org

Eyes covered - Tirupati Balaji -HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES - Part 82

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank You Bharat Krishna for the highly informative articles on Hindu religion. I havent been to Tirupati, however we have a big Srinivasa Perumal temple here where Utsav Murtis from Tirupati had arrived last year for Thiru Kalyana Mahotsavam.

However,I have not found an answer to this one, while praying at the temple..Why does the lord have his eyes covered by a large tilak like "V" made of camphor?Is the story provided by Seema the reason?

The learned gurujis, please enlighten...

Have a Good Day,

Anil NN

Singapore

guruvayur , Seema Ravindran <seemawarrier wrote:

>

> Thank you for posting.. They are very informative.

> I have heard another story about Tirupathi. Since Lord had borrowed so much, He had to repay it, for which He didnt have much money with Him. Hence, He decided to sit there with His eyes half closed without looking how the money He received comes from. He receives money from all persons, irrespective of whether they are from good or bad sources and bless them, which accounts for so much money for the temple. I dont know the authenticity of the story. But it is interesting.

> Jai Sree Krishna

> > > > > ________________________________

> "zumbrys" <zumbrys

> guruvayur

> Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:30:37 PM

> [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES - Part 82

> > > > > > HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES - > WHY DO WE FOLLOW THOSE? > Â > Tirupati Balaji