IndiaDivine.org

Pithru Smarna - Manthra - Translator to our Mother Tongue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Guptaji,I totally agree with you, but when options are limited to get scripts in one's desired language, as learned gurujis say, chanting knowing the meaning is good. On a similar note, Swami Abhedananda was discussing of the difficulty the South African devotees have in his Chinmaya centre reading our scriptures in English.You could try http://www.google.com/transliterate/indic/Malayalam to convert the english mantras to our mother tongue. Hindi, Marathi, Urdu and others are also provided by Google on the above website.I havent come across one for Sanskrit.A bit tedious but works well for short verses.The below might be a good translation of the first

line...and if one is not happy with the word given, we could click on the translated word, and google gives more choices to choose from.ആബàµà´°à´¤àµà´®à´¾à´£àµ‹ യെ പിതàµà´°àµ വംസ ജാതാ മാതൠതതàµà´¤àµà´¤à´¾ വംസ ഭവാ മദീയാ: Hope this helps.AnilSingaporeV K Gupta <vgupta36guruvayur Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:10:27 PMRe: [Guruvayur] Pithru Smarna - Manthra

Can I have it in Sanscrit pl?The pronouncing will b right then

VKG--- On Tue, 30/6/09, jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat@ .co. in> wrote:

jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat@ .co. in>Re: [Guruvayur] Pithru Smarna - Manthraguruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, 30 June, 2009, 10:30 AM

Pranamam JayaSreeji,

Thank you so much for sharing Pithru Smarana Manthra and its Meaning.

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat

--- On Mon, 29/6/09, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ gmail.com> wrote:

Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ gmail.com>[Guruvayur] Pithru Smarna - Manthraguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, 29 June, 2009, 2:27 PM

May I request you all, (whether you are Hindu, Christian , Muslim or atheist ) to chant this mantra and offer little flower, water and a sincere devoted prayer on 21st July for your forefathers who gave you your body and life. They gave you the opportunity to come to this world and enjoy. Wherever you are, which ever part of the world you are chant this mantra and silently pray for a minimum five minutes Manthra and its meaning for the pithru tharpana to be held on 21st July, during Karkitaka vavu/new moon day (karkitaka amaavasy) Aabrahmano ye pitru vamsa jaathaa maathu thaththaa vamsa bhavaa madeeyaa:Vamsa dwayesmin mama daasa bhootha bruthyaa thathiva aasritha sevakaaschaMithraani sakhya pasavascha vruskshaa drushttaascha adrushtaascha kruthopakaaraJanmaanthare ye mama sangathaascha thebhya swayam pinda balim

dadaamiMaathru vamsey mruthaaayescha pithruvamse thathaiva cha Guru swasura bandhoonaam ye chaanye baandhvaa mruthaaYe may kule luptha pindaa putra daara vivarjithaKriyaa lopa hathaaschaiva jaathyanthaa pankavasthathaaViroopaa aamagarbhaascha jnaathaa ajnaathaa kule mamaBhoomou datthena balinaa thrupthaayaanthu paraam gathimAtheetha kula koteenaam saptha dweepa nivaaseenaamPraaneenaam udakam dattham akshayyam upthishtathuAvasaaneeyarghyamid am

Meaning of the above manthra

In this world those who were borne in the clan of my father and motherAnd all those who are related to me directly or indirectlyThose who were my servants for the last two janmasAll those who served and helped me and depended on meAll those who were my friends and associatesAll those plants and animals whom I depended for my lifeAll those who supported me directly or indirectlyAll those who associated with me for the past many janmasFor all of them I myself offer this pinda, flower and water and prayerFor all those who passed away from the kula of my motherAnd also from the kula of my father, gurus, relatives and in lawsFor all those who were not fortunate to receive the pinda in the pastFor all those who suffered without the support of wife/husband and childrenFor all those who could not do good to others due to many reasonsFor all those who

were borne, lived and died in povertyFor all those who were ugly and also who died prematurelyFor all those who died in the womb of mother without seeing the worldFor all known and unknown relatives of mine lived and diedFor them too I offer this prayer , pinda , water and gingely with tulasiI offer all these on this earth for making them immortal and happy in their own worldFor all those who were living and for all the creatures and living beingsExisted /lived on the seven continents for many million yearsI offer this pinda and water for the happiness of their soul to rest in peaceLet them be happy in their own world blessing all of us and the worldLet me offer once again a drop of water to you Oh ! my forefathers !

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.