IndiaDivine.org

Njanappana 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Njanappana 2---------------Innaleyolam enthennarinjeela Ini naaleyum enthennarinjeelaInnikkanda thadikku vinaashavum Inna neramennaethumarinjeela

We really do not know what happened until yesterday or what would happen tomorrow. Neither we know when this body we see today will perish. When we look at the literal meaning, we may feel like responding: " I know what happened until yesterday and I can roughly guess what will happen in the coming days. I am hail and healthy and unless I get into an accident or so I should be able to live many more years " . 

Poonthaanam is putting his forefinger on his nose with an expression of " what a pity? " because he meant much more than the literal meaning of yesterday, tomorrow and our present body. He persuades us to think deep about the uncertainty of life. Yesterday and today also means previous janmaas and future janmaas. We do not know about our previous janmaas or good and bad karmaas we have accumulated. A great part of our good and bad experiences in this janma is the direct result of our past karmaas. We cannot undo the sins or suffering by anything other than sincere prayers. Bhagavaan is the only one who can change the results of our praarabdha karmaas and in Kaliyuga, naamasankeerthanam pleases Bhagavan more than anything. We do not know what is in store for us tomorrow. How can we make sure that our future is in safe hands? Only by offering ourselves in His strong and kind hands. Then what about today? At present we live in this body and the moment jeevathma leaves the body, it becomes lifeless like a log of wood. We have absolutely no idea when that will happen. Here Poonthaanam used the word " thati " for body to specifically tell us that body is like a log of wood or worse than a log of wood when it is lifeless. A dead body that is not preserved starts deteriorating in a few hours where as a log of wood may remain intact for several months or even years. Poonthaanam advises us to think deep about these truths and use every moment available to worship Lord with naamams like

Krishna!Krishna! Mukunda! Janaardana! Krishna! Govinda! Naarayana! Hare!Achyuthaananda! Govinda! Maadhava! Sachidaananda! Naarayana! Hare!Chaitanya Mahaprabhu also said that there are no hard and fast rules for chanting naamaas. Anytime one can chant and under any circumstances one is allowed to chant. " Shuchir va ashuchir va sarva avasthaasu sarvada " meaning in any condition clean (purified) or dirty (impure) one can chant the auspicious names of Lord. 

SreekrishnaarpanamasthuRegards and prayersSavitri