IndiaDivine.org

Glorification Of The Names

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Glorification Of The Names

Hare Krsna my dear devotee. Today I received a very nice email describing the power of the holy names, I would like to share that with you, I really hope this gives you strength and determination for your chanting.

These days many places in India are going through a heavy drought, with monsoons late as much as a month. Power cuts are getting longer and longer (almost 15 hours a day in North India ). This means no business, no fruits and vegetables, and very hard to go on even with daily routine things for many.

Hare Krishna devotees in Jalandhar, Punjab planned an idea to have a 12 hours Hare Krishna kirtan singing marathon in the temple, with a hope to be able to please Lord Sri Krishna, and maybe He can give the rains.

June, devotees at ISKCON, Jalandhar went from 7am to 7pm starting from Srila Prabhupad’s guru puja. Roaring kirtan went on with about 200-300 constant participants in the Kirtan and about 2000 visited throughout the day. This unique event received great media coverage in many of the renowned Newspapers: Danik Jagran, Punjab Kesri, Danik Bhaskar, Amar Ujala, as well as TV media. Prabhupada Gurupuja was aired on Aajtak, ZeeNews, New24, IBN7, PTC News, and few others. TV media said that unlike other methods (some people had staged riots at Electricity offices), this was the correct method - to please God through loudly singing His Holy names!

The better part is yet to come. On Monday evening it began to rain. It was amazing! The devotees at ISKCON, Jalandhar were contacted by TV media. They will be playing the clips of gurupuja and kirtan again. They will also be showing some interviews they took of the devotees about how Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu had prescribed this method of chanting in the Kaliyuga, and that this was a good way to please the Lord. They want to show to all how the method of chanting the holy name has removed this great drought