IndiaDivine.org

Pranams to all Gurudevs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear KVG,

The sloka you have quoted is from Gurugita in Skanda Puranam. I have taken 27 slokas out of these and given them with English translation on my website

http://www.geocities.com/snsastri/gurugita.pdf

In the beginning some other dhyana slokas have been given. After those is the ‘vamsavali’ of the Sringeri Sarada Pitham. Then follow the 27 slokas from Gurugita. The sloka you have quoted is the second one.

Best wishes,

S.N.Sastri--- On Tue, 7/7/09, K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv wrote:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kv[Guruvayur] Pranams to all Gurudevsguruvayur Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 9:18 AM

Dear all,"AJNANA-TIMIRANDHASY A JNANAANANJANA SHALAKAYAACHAKSHURUNMOOLITHAM YENA, TASMEI SRI GURAVE NAMAH".Meaning: Prostrations to the One Great Guru, who opened my eyes, which were blinded by the darkness of ignorance, applying, using the paint-brush called the collyrium of Jnanam.Let alone remembering our Gurus everyday prior to learning anything, there are three days in particular, when we should worship our teachers, i.e., the Vijaya-dasami day, the Akshaya Tritiya and Guru Poornima. The very first Guru is our own father or any other elder who kept us on his lap with a plate of rice, and holding our little hand, made us write the "Harih Sree Ganapathaye Namah", the second one, the Aaasan or primary school teacher who taught us the alphabet and initiated the process of academic education, and third, the great professors who were guiding us in higher studies. Over and

above that, Sages like Veda Vyasa, Saraswati Devi, Sri Dakshina-murthy, Hayagriva and all other gods who are repositories of knowledge.Ananthakoti dandavat pranams, on this Guru-poornima day to all the Gurudevs of this group,when we all are Gurus to each other, as the entire process of interacting through the forum is so informative and educative, and the great moderators, the Gurujis of the forum.KVG.