Guest guest

Guest guest

Hari-Om

Yes, the American Dream. Some make it, some break it. That is what dreams are

all about. Life is a bed of roses but remember, roses have thorns too. Life

moves on a pre-destined path, based on everyone's destiny. Noone can change

destiny but true faith in the Almighty can alter its path and make the journey

much more confortable.

We should stop complaining and start complimenting.

To get hold of the upper branch of the tree one has to let go the safety and

security of the bottom branch. It is the same when trying to reach higher goals.

We often wonder why God is not answering our prayers . He does answer all our

pryers but often the answer is a NO, because He knows what is best for each of

us. Man proposes God disposes.

Be grateful to the Lord for what we have for, there are millions of others who

are worse off than us.

jai shree krishna !

achuthan nair

guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:

>

> Hare Krishna,

>  

> Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs should

> have to read this heart touching mail!!!

>

>

>                       ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

>

> WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..

> A  Bitter Reality

>

> As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in

> Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the

> land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it

> was as if a dream had come true.

>

>

> Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I

> would be staying in this country for about Five years in which

> time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India .

>

> My father was a government employee and after his retirement,

> the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat.

>

>

> I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling

> homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and

> speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone

> cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald 's and

> pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange

> rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.

>

> Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have

> only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within

> these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight.

> Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for

> all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be

> talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through

> all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting

> shorter I was forced to select one candidate.

>

>

> In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get

> married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After

> the marriage, it was time to return to USA , after giving some

> money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after

> them, we returned to USA .

>

>

> My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she

> started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India

> increased to twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our

> savings started diminishing.

>

> After two more years we started to

> have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us

> by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked

> me to come to Indiaso that they can see their grand-children. .

>

>

> Every year I decide to go to India . But part work part

> monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting

> Indiawas a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a

> message that my parents were seriously sick.. I tried but I

> couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India .... The

> next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there

> was no one to do the last rights the society members had done

> whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed

> away without seeing their grand children.

>

>

> After couple more years passed away, much to my children's

> dislike and my wife's joy we returned to Indiato settle down.

> I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my

> savings were short and the property prices had gone up during

> all these years. I had to return to the USA ...

>

>

> My wife refused to come back with me and my children refused to

> stay in India .... My 2 children and I returned to USAafter

> promising my wife I would be back for good after two years.

>

> Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an

> American and my son was happy living in USA ... I decided that

> had enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India .... I

> had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a

> well-developed locality.

>

>

> Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is

> for the routine visit to the nearby Masjid. My faithful wife

> has also left me and gone to the holy abode.

>

> Sometimes

>

> I wondered was it worth all this?

>

> My father, even after staying in India ,

>

> Had a house to his name and I too have

> the same nothing more.

>

> I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM.

>

> Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing.

> This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these

> children are losing their values and culture because of it. I

> get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well

> at least they remember me.

>

>

> Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will

> be performing my last rights, God Bless them.

>

> But the question

> still

> remains 'was all this worth it?'

>

> I am still searching for an answer...... . ......... ..!!!

>

> START THINKING

>

> IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???

>

> LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ... DON 'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE .....

> START LIVING IT ...

> LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE... 

>

>  

>

Guest guest

Hari Om !

It is a true story of many who go over to US.  While we take a journey, we think that only US is improving....but paralally the country we left also would have grown....Hence, even if we made some money from the country we went to and worked life long, it would not be sufficient to earn what we want from home land.  I have seen many such cases.  It is better, we leave things to lord to decide what we deserve. 

Om Namo Narayanaya !

2009/7/8 chirattapuram <anair1101

Hari-OmYes, the American Dream. Some make it, some break it. That is what dreams are all about. Life is a bed of roses but remember, roses have thorns too. Life moves on a pre-destined path, based on everyone's destiny. Noone can change destiny but true faith in the Almighty can alter its path and make the journey much more confortable.

We should stop complaining and start complimenting. To get hold of the upper branch of the tree one has to let go the safety and security of the bottom branch. It is the same when trying to reach higher goals. We often wonder why God is not answering our prayers . He does answer all our pryers but often the answer is a NO, because He knows what is best for each of us. Man proposes God disposes.

Be grateful to the Lord for what we have for, there are millions of others who are worse off than us. jai shree krishna !achuthan nair

guruvayur , " sreedhar c.p " <sreepal20 wrote:>> Hare Krishna,>  

> Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs should> have to read this heart touching mail!!!> > >                       ONE BEDROOM FLAT... > > WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..

> A  Bitter Reality > > As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in > Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the > land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it

> was as if a dream had come true. > > > Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I > would be staying in this country for about Five years in which > time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India .

> > My father was a government employee and after his retirement, > the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. > > > I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling

> homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and > speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone > cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald 's and

> pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange > rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down. > > Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have > only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within

> these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. > Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for > all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be > talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through

> all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting > shorter I was forced to select one candidate. > > > In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get > married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After

> the marriage, it was time to return to USA , after giving some > money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after > them, we returned to USA . > > > My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she

> started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India> increased to twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our > savings started diminishing. > > After two more years we started to

> have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us > by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked > me to come to Indiaso that they can see their grand-children. . >

> > Every year I decide to go to India . But part work part > monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting > Indiawas a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a > message that my parents were seriously sick.. I tried but I

> couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India .... The > next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there > was no one to do the last rights the society members had done

> whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed > away without seeing their grand children. > > > After couple more years passed away, much to my children's > dislike and my wife's joy we returned to Indiato settle down.

> I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my > savings were short and the property prices had gone up during > all these years. I had to return to the USA ... > > > My wife refused to come back with me and my children refused to

> stay in India .... My 2 children and I returned to USAafter > promising my wife I would be back for good after two years. > > Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an > American and my son was happy living in USA ... I decided that

> had enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India .... I > had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a > well-developed locality. > > > Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is

> for the routine visit to the nearby Masjid. My faithful wife > has also left me and gone to the holy abode. > > Sometimes > > I wondered was it worth all this? > > My father, even after staying in India ,

> > Had a house to his name and I too have > the same nothing more. > > I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM. > > Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing.

> This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these > children are losing their values and culture because of it. I > get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well > at least they remember me.

> > > Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will > be performing my last rights, God Bless them. > > But the question > still > remains 'was all this worth it?'

> > I am still searching for an answer...... . ......... ..!!!> > START THINKING > > IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???> > LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ... DON 'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE .....

> START LIVING IT ... > LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE... > >  >

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Guest guest

Dear Gurudevs,

I was also touched by this story, however for a different reason than was mentioned here.

Life in this world is a mixture of happiness and sorrow, wherever you are in tihs world. If this person lived in India all these years, he still would have had the same attitude at this stage of his life.The problems may be different, but will be there all the same. One has to accept whatever we experience as a prasadam from God and live an honest and prayerful lifeOnly the present matters,not yesterday or tomorrow.So I hope he will be thankful to God for his accomplishments and continue to pray to Him.May God bless him to get mental and physical health and happiness.

regards,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 7/8/09, sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 wrote:

sreedhar c.p <sreepal20[Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...ayurvidya , guruvayur Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 1:12 AM

Hare Krishna,

Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs shouldhave to read this heart touching mail!!! ONE BEDROOM FLAT... WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..A Bitter Reality As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it was as if a dream had come true. Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India . My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and speak to my

parents every week using cheap international phone cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald 's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down. Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate. In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to

USA , after giving some money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after them, we returned to USA . My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling Indiaincreased to

twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing. After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked me to come to Indiaso that they can see their grand-children. . Every year I decide to go to India . But part work part monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting Indiawas a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick.. I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India .... The next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no one to do the last rights the society members had done whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children. After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and my wife's joy we returned to Indiato settle down. I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my savings were short and the property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA ... My wife refused

to come back with me and my children refused to stay in India .... My 2 children and I returned to USAafter promising my wife I would be back for good after two years. Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my son was happy living in USA ... I decided that had enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India .... I had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality. Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby Masjid. My faithful wife has also left me and gone to the holy abode. Sometimes I wondered was it worth

all this? My father, even after staying in India , Had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more. I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM. Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing. This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these children are losing their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me. Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will be performing my last rights, God Bless them. But the question still remains 'was

all this worth it?' I am still searching for an answer...... . ......... ..!!!START THINKING IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ... DON 'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE .....START LIVING IT ... LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE...

Guest guest

Dear Sreedeviji,I perfectly agree with you. When I left India for U.S A, in the first few years I was miserable missing everybody and everything at home. My " ഗൃഹാതàµà´°à´¤àµà´µà´‚ " or home sickness was intense. Once I wrote how sad I was here in a new culture and with no relatives. My late parents wrote to me saying they are not unhappy wherever their children are as long as they live with out forgetting dharmam and sathyam. They also wrote to me that they did not think that they own their children and were very grateful to God for giving all of us for some time to care and nurture. As you said in your posting, God has a plan for each one of us and we have to accept that gracefully. They ended their letter saying that they would pray and asked me to pray this : Ennum daivahitham enteyum hitham aakaan anugrahikkane! ( Please always make my wish same as God's wish). I still pray for that every single day. Also the letter ended with the slokam of Kumaaranaashaan:

ആശിചàµà´š വേഷം ലഭിചàµà´šàµà´šà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²àµ†à´¨àµà´¨àµ ആവലാതിപàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ നിനàµà´¨à´¿à´Ÿà´¾à´¤àµ†à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´¯ ഭാഗം അഭിനയിചàµà´šàµ à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ‡à´£àµà´Ÿ  സമàµà´®à´¾à´¨à´‚ കൈകàµà´•à´²à´¾à´•à´¾à´‚.       When I read your mail, it reminded me of this incident and I thought I will share this with all Gurudevs even though it is personal. There is one more prayer they taught me and I feel it is appropriate to share that in this  context. Many Gurudevs may already know this. But for those who do not know, I am writing that down:

Bhagavan! bhoothabhavyesha!na jaane hithamaathmana:tvam eva samchinthya vibho!hitham mae daathum arhasiഭഗവനàµâ€! ഭൂതഭവàµà´¯àµ‡à´¶!à´¨ ജാനെ ഹിതമാതàµà´®à´¨:

à´¤àµà´µà´‚ à´à´µ സംചിനàµà´¤àµà´¯ വിഭോ!ഹിതം മേ ദാതàµà´‚ à´…à´°àµâ€à´¹à´¸à´¿Â Hae! Bhagavan! Lord of past and present!I do not know what I want or I do not know my own wish.So, please think about it deeply 

And give me what you think (is appropriate) and what I deserve.Regards an dprayersSavitriOn Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Dear Gurudevs,

I was also touched by this story, however for a different reason than was mentioned here.

Life in this world is a mixture of happiness and sorrow, wherever you are in tihs world. If this person lived in India all these years, he still would have had the same attitude at this stage of his life.The problems may be different, but will be there all the same. One has to accept whatever we experience as a prasadam from God and live an honest and prayerful lifeOnly the present matters,not yesterday or tomorrow.So I hope he will be thankful to God for his accomplishments and continue to pray to Him.May God bless him to get mental and physical health and happiness.

regards,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya 

--- On Wed, 7/8/09, sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 wrote:

sreedhar c.p <sreepal20[Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...ayurvidya , guruvayur

Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 1:12 AM

Hare Krishna,

Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs shouldhave to read this heart touching mail!!!                      ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..A  Bitter Reality As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the

land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it

was as if a dream had come true. Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India .

My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and

speak to my

parents every week using cheap international phone cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald 's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.

Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for

all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate.

In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to

USA , after giving some

money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after them, we returned to USA .

My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India

increased to

twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing. After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked

me to come to Indiaso that they can see their grand-children. . Every year I decide to go to India . But part work part

monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting Indiawas a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick.. I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India .... The

next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no one to do the last rights the society members had done whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children.

After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and my wife's joy we returned to Indiato settle down. I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my

savings were short and the property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA ...

My wife refused

to come back with me and my children refused to stay in India .... My 2 children and I returned to USAafter

promising my wife I would be back for good after two years. Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my son was happy living in USA ... I decided that had enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India .... I

had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality. Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby Masjid. My faithful wife

has also left me and gone to the holy abode. Sometimes I wondered was it worth

all this? My father, even after staying in India ,

Had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more. I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM. Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing.

This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these children are losing their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me.

Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will be performing my last rights, God Bless them. But the question still remains 'was

all this worth it?' I am still searching for an answer...... . ......... ..!!!START THINKING IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ... DON 'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE .....

START LIVING IT ... LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE...   

Guest guest

Respected Savithriji,

Very truly said. God has really plans for each and every one and we mortals are not at all in a position to change it or challenge it. As they say - Man proposes, God disposes. Sometimes when things happen as people wish, they say, we did it, and when it does not happen, then they think of it - putting it on vidhi. But I feel whatever happens is by Him and Him only and everything happens for good.

When I was studying in school, I used to visit temple regularly. One of our close contacts, who is like an elder brother to me once asked me, what did you pray to God and I told him, I prayed for passing the exams. He told me, remember Kuchela's story, Kuchela never asked Krishna for anything but he was granted everything by Krishna. God knows what we need and what is good for us. So never pray for any particular thing, just chant namas when you go to temple. It was a very nice advice that I got.

As you wrote, may our wish be same as His wish.

Jai Sree Krishna

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramguruvayur Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 10:59:47 PMRe: [Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

Dear Sreedeviji,

I perfectly agree with you. When I left India for U.S A, in the first few years I was miserable missing everybody and everything at home. My "ഗൃഹാതàµà´°à´¤àµà´µà´‚" or home sickness was intense. Once I wrote how sad I was here in a new culture and with no relatives. My late parents wrote to me saying they are not unhappy wherever their children are as long as they live with out forgetting dharmam and sathyam. They also wrote to me that they did not think that they own their children and were very grateful to God for giving all of us for some time to care and nurture. As you said in your posting, God has a plan for each one of us and we have to accept that gracefully. They ended their letter saying that they would pray and asked me to pray this : Ennum daivahitham enteyum hitham aakaan anugrahikkane! ( Please always make my wish same as God's wish). I still pray for that every single day. Also the letter ended with the slokam of

Kumaaranaashaan:

ആശിചàµà´š വേഷം ലഭിചàµà´šàµà´šà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²àµ†à´¨àµà´¨àµ ആവലാതിപàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ നിനàµà´¨à´¿à´Ÿà´¾à´¤àµ†

à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´¯ ഭാഗം അഭിനയിചàµà´šàµ à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ‡à´£àµà´Ÿ സമàµà´®à´¾à´¨à´‚ കൈകàµà´•à´²à´¾à´•à´¾à´‚.

When I read your mail, it reminded me of this incident and I thought I will share this with all Gurudevs even though it is personal. There is one more prayer they taught me and I feel it is appropriate to share that in this context. Many Gurudevs may already know this. But for those who do not know, I am writing that down:

Bhagavan! bhoothabhavyesha!

na jaane hithamaathmana:

tvam eva samchinthya vibho!

hitham mae daathum arhasi

ഭഗവനàµâ€! ഭൂതഭവàµà´¯àµ‡à´¶!

à´¨ ജാനെ ഹിതമാതàµà´®à´¨:

à´¤àµà´µà´‚ à´à´µ സംചിനàµà´¤àµà´¯ വിഭോ!

ഹിതം മേ ദാതàµà´‚ à´…à´°àµâ€à´¹à´¸à´¿

Hae! Bhagavan! Lord of past and present!

I do not know what I want or I do not know my own wish.

So, please think about it deeply

And give me what you think (is appropriate) and what I deserve.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon > wrote:

Dear Gurudevs,

Life in this world is a mixture of happiness and sorrow, wherever you are in tihs world. If this person lived in India all these years, he still would have had the same attitude at this stage of his life.The problems may be different, but will be there all the same. One has to accept whatever we experience as a prasadam from God and live an honest and prayerful lifeOnly the present matters,not yesterda y or tomorrow.So I hope he will be thankful to God for his accomplishments and continue to pray to Him.May God bless him to get mental and physical health and happiness.

regards,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 7/8/09, sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 > wrote:

sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 >[Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...ayurvidya@grou ps.com, guruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, July 8, 2009, 1:12 AM

Hare Krishna,

Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs shouldhave to read this heart touching mail!!! ONE BEDROOM FLAT... WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..A Bitter Reality As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA, the land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it was as if a dream had come true. Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India . My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and speak to my

parents every week using cheap international phone cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald 's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down. Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate. In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to

USA , after giving some money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after them, we returned to USA . My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling Indiaincreased to

twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing. After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked me to come to Indiaso that they can see their grand-children. . Every year I decide to go to India . But part work part monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting Indiawas a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick.. I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus could not go to India .... The next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no one to do the last rights the society members had done whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children. After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and my wife's joy we returned to Indiato settle down. I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my savings were short and the property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA ... My wife refused

to come back with me and my children refused to stay in India .... My 2 children and I returned to USAafter promising my wife I would be back for good after two years. Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my son was happy living in USA ... I decided that had enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India .... I had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality. Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby Masjid. My faithful wife has also left me and gone to the holy abode. Sometimes I wondered was it worth

all this? My father, even after staying in India , Had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more. I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM. Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing. This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation and these children are losing their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me. Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will be performing my last rights, God Bless them. But the question still remains 'was

all this worth it?' I am still searching for an answer...... . ......... ..!!!START THINKING IS IT JUST FOR ONE EXTRA BEDROOM???LIFE IS BEYOND THIS ... DON 'T JUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE .....START LIVING IT ... LIVE IT AS YOU WANT IT TO BE...

Guest guest

Dear Savitriji,

Thank you very much.I agree with you totally, especially Kumaranasan's lines and your parents' advice.I always tell my children. Before doing any action, ponder over the decisions they make and pray to God. Once they do it, do not worry again about it whatever the consequences. Face it boldly and leave it up to God.

Your jnapana translation including the elaborate explanations is very good. I am sure the great Poonthanam Namboodiri would have been very proud of you. I feel you should publish it when complete.

with all best wishes,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Fri, 7/10/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...guruvayur Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 12:59 PM

Dear Sreedeviji,

I perfectly agree with you. When I left India for U.S A, in the first few years I was miserable missing everybody and everything at home. My "ഗൃഹാതàµà´°à´¤àµà´µà´‚" or home sickness was intense. Once I wrote how sad I was here in a new culture and with no relatives. My late parents wrote to me saying they are not unhappy wherever their children are as long as they live with out forgetting dharmam and sathyam. They also wrote to me that they did not think that they own their children and were very grateful to God for giving all of us for some time to care and nurture. As you said in your posting, God has a plan for each one of us and we have to accept that gracefully. They ended their letter saying that they would pray and asked me to pray this : Ennum daivahitham enteyum hitham aakaan anugrahikkane! ( Please always make my wish same as God's wish). I still pray for that every single day. Also the letter ended with the slokam of

Kumaaranaashaan:

ആശിചàµà´š വേഷം ലഭിചàµà´šàµà´šà´¤à´¿à´²àµà´²àµ†à´¨àµà´¨àµ ആവലാതിപàµà´ªàµ†à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ നിനàµà´¨à´¿à´Ÿà´¾à´¤àµ†

à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿà´¿à´¯ ഭാഗം അഭിനയിചàµà´šàµ à´•à´¿à´Ÿàµà´Ÿàµ‡à´£àµà´Ÿ സമàµà´®à´¾à´¨à´‚ കൈകàµà´•à´²à´¾à´•à´¾à´‚.

When I read your mail, it reminded me of this incident and I thought I will share this with all Gurudevs even though it is personal. There is one more prayer they taught me and I feel it is appropriate to share that in this context. Many Gurudevs may already know this. But for those who do not know, I am writing that down:

Bhagavan! bhoothabhavyesha!

na jaane hithamaathmana:

tvam eva samchinthya vibho!

hitham mae daathum arhasi

ഭഗവനàµâ€! ഭൂതഭവàµà´¯àµ‡à´¶!

à´¨ ജാനെ ഹിതമാതàµà´®à´¨:

à´¤àµà´µà´‚ à´à´µ സംചിനàµà´¤àµà´¯ വിഭോ!

ഹിതം മേ ദാതàµà´‚ à´…à´°àµâ€à´¹à´¸à´¿

Hae! Bhagavan! Lord of past and present!

I do not know what I want or I do not know my own wish.

So, please think about it deeply

And give me what you think (is appropriate) and what I deserve.

Regards an dprayers

Savitri

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon > wrote:

Dear Gurudevs,

Life in this world is a mixture of happiness and sorrow, wherever you are in tihs world. If this person lived in India all these years, he still would have had the same attitude at this stage of his life.The problems may be different, but will be there all the same. One has to accept whatever we experience as a prasadam from God and live an honest and prayerful lifeOnly the present matters,not yesterda y or tomorrow.So I hope he will be thankful to God for his accomplishments and continue to pray to Him.May God bless him to get mental and physical health and happiness.

regards,

Sreedevi

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 7/8/09, sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 > wrote:

sreedhar c.p <sreepal20 >[Guruvayur] ONE BEDROOM FLAT...ayurvidya@grou ps.com, guruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, July 8, 2009, 1:12 AM

Hare Krishna,