Namaste RamaChanderji & Other respected members

Some of my friends also ask same question so ,I am

replaying again.

For your questions answers already I mention

In my previous mail, again I just repeating ,

I request you to read previous mail or this

mail carefully you will get the answers

which is given tto me from Dr. gopalkrishnan My guruji

But like me in gulf countries and our brothers and sisters in other countries they also need to perform pithru karma, but it is not possible to get THULASI, KARUKA, DARBHA... Instead of this items what can we use to perform. Can I tell to people to use same like Bhishma Pithamaha done for pooja when he is in arrow bed as mano pushpa.. like that only imagine . One thing more one who is stay in flats which is not easy to go to at least to pond , sea, or river , as you said can they perform pinda tharpana in a pot filled with water ( from your speech for Pitru karma)

with regards

dilip

This sender is DomainKeys verified "Gopal krishnan" <sivaniish (AT) gmail (DOT) . com>View contact details

prdili , "Dinesh Nair" <dineshnair06@ .co. in>

Dear brother

use whatever is available in your place . make it sure that good smelling leaves flowers are used. when i visited many times the middle east countries i found that an Arabian tulasi in many houses. use only that tulasi for the purpose. never never make the pitru karma and show and demonstration of strength of hindus. even few can come together and sit together and do the karma nicely in one room / home. IF ANY ONE IS VISITING TRIVANDRUM CONTACT 0471-2490149 OR TRISSUR IN 04885-240236 FROM THESE PLACES YOU SHALL GET THE MALAYALAM BROCHURE let any one of you read and others perform with all sincerity, any omissions and mistakes are ok for PITHRU KARMA sraddha is the only compulsion for sraardha use any flower for karuka, darbha and tulasi

Bagavad Gita chapter 6 sloka 5

uddhared âtmanâtmânam

nâtmânam avasâdayet

âtmaiva hy âtmano bandhur

âtmaiva ripur âtmanah

--- On Tue, 7/7/09, ramachandra menon <ramachandramenon wrote:

ramachandra menon <ramachandramenonRe: [Guruvayur] PITHRU KARMA AND RELATED MANTRAS, Dont forget to read and performguruvayur Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 11:42 PM

Dear Shri Ravindran,

Thank you for sending detailed procedure for conduction pithru karma. The problem is after completing the karma where they will throw the darba, karuka, rice etc. There are no crows in UAE or in US. What is to be done with the cooked rice? Even plantain leaves are not available in US or in UAE. Please give me clarifications on these points.

Ramachandra Menon--- On Tue, 7/7/09, DILIP KUMAR RAVINDRAN <prdili > wrote:

DILIP KUMAR RAVINDRAN <prdili >[Guruvayur] PITHRU KARMA AND RELATED MANTRAS, Dont forget to read and perform [2 Attachments]Cc: "Dinesh Nair" <dineshnair06@ .co. in>Tuesday, 7 July, 2009, 4:30 PM

Namasteji

Here with attached all details about how to

perform Pitru karma and related mantras ,

which is explained by My poojaniya guruji

Dr. N. Gopalkrishnan, also his answers to me

about my doubts , how to perform pitru karma,

when you are away from your home town or state,

if the related required materials and circumstence

not available.

Please donot forget this july 21st is the day for our forefathers,

so from the heart please perform pitru karma, Itis not only for Hindus

, it is for all religious ( that means I didnt mean Hindus as a religion)

may be I will not be able to remind you one more time before 21st, as i am going for vaccation, so I humbly request you from each group to pass this value and message to our group and to your relatives and friends , with out shy. better to print it and read as much as you can .

Also I Invite you to come to Mazhuvanchery temple near Trichur ( Kunnamkulam route ) on 21 st july early morning to perform Pitru karma. if you are able .

One thing more I remind you, many of us think that pitru karma is doing only if parents are not alive.

it can bo perform for our fore fathers also.

I am going to mazhuvanchery with my parents on 21 st--- On Sat, 7/4/09, Gopal krishnan <sivaniish (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Gopal krishnan <sivaniish (AT) gmail (DOT) com>PITHRU KARMA AND RELATED MANTRASSaturday, July 4, 2009, 3:01 AM

PITHRU KARMA IN ENGLISH WITH MANTHRAS GIVEN AS TRANSLITERATED VERSION. DO THE KARMA BEFORE EATING BREAKFAST If possible previous day (Jul 20th) eat only little food / wheat based food as vratham for doing pithrukarma on 21st July

Where ever deergham is to be used in pronunciation, the vowels are used twice here. Read the Sanskrit line few times so that correct pronunciation will automatically come. Any mistake occurred while doing do not worry, be sincere and do with all concentration. Let someone read it for you when you perform the karma, which will be better

Purpose of doing pithrukarma Indian culture and civilization is the only one, which survived for the last not less than 10,000 years and it is due exclusively to the family relation, and social bondage we maintained during this period. Pithru karma is not merely for the parents it is for one and alls who has associated with us in this janma and past many janmas and also those who are connected with us directly indirectly. What we offer to our forefathers and all those who were responsible for our existence to on this earth cannot be explained but merely physical words. ( as you know we remember many heroes, including Krishna, Jesus, Prophet , and conduct many ritual on their birth day and anniversary, not thinking that they are seeing all

these and taking our offerings, but it is our homage to them as they are responsible in many ways for us in getting a useful experience in our life. The abstract of the rituals is enclosed as requested many people perform the way possible without violating the rules of the country where you are working. All that is needed a little thulasi, karuka (durva) , darbha/ kusa (mermooda grass) , a glass water with spoon, chandan/ sandal wood paste, gingely /sesame / ellu, little cooked rice and non cooked rice.. Procedure: Put a little raw rice in the glass of water and pray –

gange cha yamune chaiva godaavari saraswati narmade sindhu kaaveri jalesmin sannidhim kuru (I perform the pinda karma using the wter ofseven holy river of bhaarath) Take little water in your right hand and spray on the ground where you are sitting and make a circular mandala and put the darbha keeping the pointed ends towards south and north chanting this mantra, spared about ten pieces of 10 cms long darbha on the mandala

Ayodhya madhura maaya kaasi kaaanchi avanthika puri dwaaraavati chaiva saptha ethey moksha daayaka I I perform this pithru tharpanam remembering seven holy cities of Bhaarath) Take a small quantity of gingely, tulasi, durva grass , hold in both hands, lift the hands a little high as though you are doing aavaahanam and pray as follows after the mantra put the materials in the bottom corner of the dharbha put in the mandala Vasu rudra aaditya swaroopaan, mama vams’a thraya ubhaya kula pitroon, dhyaayaami , aavaahayaami, asmin koorcha mole sthaapayaami, poojayaami (where ever deergham is to be pronounced, in the mantra there double vowels are given). Now you have invited (aavaahanam done) your three generations of forefathers with gingely and tulasi and have told them to be on the darbha and you have to do the pooja as follows Chant repeatedly Om Namo Naaraayanaaya ( If you are a Christian or Muslim chant which ever you feel god) and offer three times, first water, then tulasi, then chandan /sandal wood paste, then water and silently pray for five second . Now we have to invite our great grand forefathers known as aadi puthrus who were there beyond the three generations back. Chant the following mantra and hold tulasi, gingely, durva/karuka with chandan and water a few drops in your hand, split the materials into two and hold in two hand and raise your hands above the shoulder level as you are inviting the great rant forefathers from the sky. Aadiputhrubhyo nama aadi pithroon, dhyaayaaami avaahayami asmin koorcha madhye sthaapayaami poojayaami – place the material together in the middle of the dharba , kept on the mandala. Repeat the pooja as mentioned above chanting Om Namo Narayanaaya repeatedly and offer three times each water, chandan, tulasi, rice and again thrice water. (Now two levels of forefathers and ancestors and invited for receiving our offering on the dharbha / kusa grass. Take two thirds of the cooked rice in your hand and make it a ppinda in spherical shape chanting this mantra Devathaabhya pithrubhyascha mahaa yogeebhya eva cha Nama swadhaayai swaahaayay Nithyameva namo nama: Tilodakam cha pindam cha pithroonaam parithushtaye Samarpayaami bhakthya praarthayaami praseeda may Put the pinda with reverence on the center of the darbha . Now the pooja for the pinda (pinda pooja is performed)

Chant as mentioned above Om Namo Naaraayanaaya repeatedly and slowly offer three times bit water in drops, flowers, gingly, chandan, as many white flowers as possible if available and then again thrice water drops. The prayer is given earlier through pdf format in Malayalam and Sanskrit script /devanagari script

Aabrahmano ye pithru vamsa jaathaa maathu thathaa vamsa bhava madheeya till the end…………..continue the mantra At the end of the mantra take the remaining part of the cooked rice mix with few drops of water and put around the pinda and pray for a minute or so remembering the face of your mother/father /forefathers whomsoever you can remember. After the prayer once more give a little water chanting the mantra

avasaaneeya arghyamidam

Now pithru tharpanam. For each tharpanam give few drops of water with your right palm taking the spoon of water in the left hand . Let someone chant this and you only repeat. Tharpanam to the natural divine forces and energy (once) Agni thrupyathu devaa: trupyanthu

vedaa: thrupytanthu Siddhaa: thrupyanthu Rushaya: thrupyathu saadhyaa: thrupyanthu Gaava: thrupyanthu naagaa: thrupyanthu

gayathri thrupyathu vyaahruthaya thrupyathu

vashatkaara thrupyathu anthareeksham thrupyathu

ahoratraani thrupyanthu samudra: thrupyathu nadhya: thrupyanthu giraya; thrupyathu

parvathaa: thrupyathu Where plural comes thrupyaNthu for singular thrupyathu) Tharpanam to our gurus (twice) S’atharchina thrupyathu thrupyathu Gruthsamadha thrupyathu thrupyathu Vasishta thrupyathu thrupyathu Vyaasa thrupyathu thrupyathu Sanaka thrupyathu thrupyathu Sanaanthana thrupyathu thrupyathu Sanalkumaara thrupyathu thrupyathu Kapila thrupyathu thrupyathu Bharadwaaja thrupyathu thrupyathu Athri thrupyathu thrupyathu Aathreya thrupyathu thrupyathu Tharpanam to our great achaaryaas (three times) Sumanthu-jaimini- vaisampaayana- paila –soothrakaara – bhaashyakaara – ramaayana – mahabhaaratha – dharmachaaryaa: thrupyanthu thrupyanthu thrupyanthu (in one line) Jaananthi – bhaahavi- gargya - gouthama -bhabravya- maandavya – maandukeya thrupyanthu thrupyathu thrupynathu (in one line) Kaholam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Kousheethakeem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Aithareyam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Mahaithareyam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami S’ounakam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami S’aakalam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Bhaashkalam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Saankhyaayanam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Aaswalaayanam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Bhouddhayanam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Aapasthambam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Pingalam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Yaaskam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami Ye cha anye aachaaryaa: tey sarvey thrupyanthu thrupyathu thrupyanthu To our parents and relatives ( if and only if they are no more /if they have passed away – offer this tharpana carefully) Pitharam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (father) Pithaamaham tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (grand father) Pithruprapithaamaha m tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (great grand father) Pithaamaheem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (grand mother paternal mother ) Prapithamaheem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (great grand paternal mother) Maatharam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (mother) Maathamaham tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (grand maternal father) Maathrupithaamaham tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (great grand maternal father) Mathamaheem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami ( great material mother) Mathru pithaamaheem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (great grand maternal mother) Putru brathram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (fathers’s brother) That patneem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his wife) That puthram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his children) Pithru bhagineem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (father’s sister) That bharthaaram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (her husband) That putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (her children) Maathulam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (mother’s brother) Thath patneem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his wife) Tah putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (His children) Maathru bhagineem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (mother’s sister) That bharthaaram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (her husband) That putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (her children) Aathma patneem / aathma bharthaaram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (own wife /husband) Aathma braatharam tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (own brother) Tath patneem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his wife) Tath putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his children) Aathma bhagineem tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (own sister) That bharthaaram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (brother in law) That putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (his children) Aathma putram tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami (own children) Jnaatha ajnaatha ubhaya kula vamsa dwaya pithroon

tharpayaami tharpayaami tharpayaami All those who got birth in my clan / kula, who remain known or unknown to all of them Once this tharpanam is over, take the pinda in your right hand and put back chanting a line idam pindam gayaarpitho asthu (let this pinda be offered to Gaya) The last prayer

Kaayena vaacha manasaa indriyairvaa budhyaatmanaa vaa prakrutey swabhaavaa karo yadhyath sakalam parasmai naaraayanaayeti samarpayaami

Offer a flower to god and take a bit of gingely from where the pinda was kept and put it to the glass of water and pray – swargam gaccha swa READ FEW TIMES YOU WILL GET THE CORRECT METHOD IISH COMMUNICATION TEAM

-- With pranams !Dr. N. Gopalakrishnan, M. A.; M.Sc.;Ph.D.; D.Litt.; Director, IISH

Flag this message

Re: Guruji your Urgent replay will help lot of people related to pitru karma.

Monday, July 6, 2009 5:56 AM

This sender is DomainKeys verified "Gopal krishnan" <sivaniish (AT) gmail (DOT) . com>View contact details

prdili , "Dinesh Nair" <dineshnair06@ .co. in>

Dear brother

use whatever is available in your place . make it sure that good smelling leaves flowers are used. when i visited many times the middle east countries i found that an Arabian tulasi in many houses. use only that tulasi for the purpose. never never make the pitru karma and show and demonstration of strength of hindus. even few can come together and sit together and do the karma nicely in one room / home. IF ANY ONE IS VISITING TRIVANDRUM CONTACT 0471-2490149 OR TRISSUR IN 04885-240236 FROM THESE PLACES YOU SHALL GET THE MALAYALAM BROCHURE let any one of you read and others perform with all sincerity, any omissions and mistakes are ok for PITHRU KARMA sraddha is the only compulsion for sraardha use any flower for karuka, darbha and tulasi

i feel TERRIBLY HAPPY that you spreading this message to many people. since now i am in US, i shall request our coordinator in Bangalore Sri. Dinesh to scan and send the Malayalam brochure through email or put in website www.iish.org

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:42 AM, DILIP KUMAR RAVINDRAN <prdili > wrote:

Poojaniya Guruji What you give this treasure is, so benefit for us. So humble my pranamam on your foot.

I have a doubt, like me there are thousands of us are in outside India , as you explain , we need a little thulasi, karuka (durva) , darbha/ kusa (mermooda grass) , a glass water with spoon, chandan/ sandal wood paste, gingely /sesame / ellu, little cooked rice and non cooked rice..,

But like me in gulf countries and our brothers and sisters in other countries they also need to perform pithru karma, but it is not possible to get THULASI, KARUKA, DARBHA... Instead of this items what can we use to perform. Can I tell to people to use same like Bhishma Pithamaha done for pooja when he is in arrow bed as mano pushpa.. like that only imagine . One thing more one who is stay in flats which is not easy to go to at least to pond , sea, or river , as you said can they perform pinda tharpana in a pot filled with water ( from your speech for Pitru karma)

Can you send a reply to me at the earliest. Because I want to post all this to more than 87 , which I am regularly posting puranas, Vedas, Upanishads,Tirukkur al, Uddhavagita, IISH Communication messages which is beneficial for all and continuing my effort as part by part by posting. Time being with the permission of my readers I hold my messages for last one month since august 15Th due to my busy site works and my vacation will start on this July 15 until august 13Th . I will be there at Mazhuvanchery with my parents on 21st.

Awaiting your earliest reply will help thousands of people to perform Pitrukarma at there own place.

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.

2 of 2 Photo(s)