IndiaDivine.org

diamond-studded crown to Lord Venkateswara [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna!I saw only a Siva Lingam.   Where is the crown?RegardsKVGOn Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM, madhu nair <kgmgroups wrote:

[Attachment(s) from madhu nair included below]

..........Om namobhagavathe Vasudevaya.....--- On Fri, 7/3/09, Jayasree Menon <euroanuster wrote:

Jayasree Menon <euroanuster[Guruvayur] diamond-studded crown to Lord Venkateswara

guruvayur Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 9:27 AM

GOVINDA HARE... GOVINDA HARE....GOVINDA HARE...GOVINDA.....

TIRUPATI: Karnataka tourism minister and Bellary mine baron Gali Janardhan Reddy will probably be better known for something else: with an offering

of a diamond-studded crown worth Rs 45 crore, he became the biggest donor to Lord Venkateswara at Tirupati since the Vijayanagara kings 400 years ago.

The 20-kg stunner was a ``thanksgiving'' gesture, the minister said. Sources added that 32kg of `aparanji (pure)' gold went into its making, besides 70,000 diamonds weighing 4,000 carats. The 2.5-ft crown has a huge 890-carat emerald

from Africa engraved in the centre which alone costs around Rs 10 crore.

The crown will be placed the Lord's idol during Abhishekam seva on Friday morning. It was earlier kept in the Vaibhavotsava Mandapam in Tirumala and special pujas were performed. After a ritual called Sahasra Deepalankara seva, it was taken around on a procession along with the deity, Lord Malayappa Swamy. Around 7pm, the crown was taken inside the sanctum sanctorum.

Keertilal Jewellers of Coimbatore in

Tamil Nadu took nine months to fashion the crown.

There are no records of more expensive donations to the temple and Gali's donation is considered as the costliest gift offered to the Lord after the Vijayanagara kings in the 16th century. The Vijayanagara kings ruled from Hampi not far from modern day Bellary.

With this offering, the total number of crowns placed with the Lord has gone up to seven. This precious crown has been added to the jewel treasury of Lord which holds over 11 tonnes of gold ornaments and vessels.

``I am in this position only with the blessings of Lord Venkateswara. This is only a small offering to the Lord. I believe in Madhava seva (service to the Lord),'' said Gali, who owns several iron ore mines.

The minister said his Brahmani Steels, once it starts operation, would employ 25,000 people. ``This I consider as manava seva (service to mankind),'' he said. Andhra Pradesh chief minister YSR Reddy's son Jagan has a large stake in Brahmani Steel that is coming up in the Andhra chief minister's home district.

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/

--A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.