IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Letter from Lord ram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

ഓം നമോ നാരായണായ:

Pranamam to All,This story will be useful to us

Letter from Lord Ram

Shavani went to her mailbox and there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again. There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address.

She read the letter:

“Dear Shavani: I’m going to be in your neighbourhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.

Love Always, Lord Ramâ€

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. "Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer."

With that thought, Shavani remembered her empty kitchen cabinets.

"Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner."

She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents.

"Well, I can get some bread and Veg, at least."

She threw on her coat and hurried out the door. A loaf of French bread, various vegetables, and a carton of milk, leaving Shavani with grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday. Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.

"Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"

Shavani had been so absorbed in her dinner plans; she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags

"Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind of hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we’d really appreciate it."

Shavani looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.

"Bhai ji, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few vegetables, some bread and milk and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him."

"Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway."

The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave, Shavani felt a familiar twinge in her heart.

"Bhai ji, wait!"

The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them.

"Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest."

She handed the man her grocery bag.

"Thank you lady. Thank you very much!Yes, thank you!"

It was the man's wife, and Shavani could see now that she was shivering.

"You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one.â€

Shavani unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders.

Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.

"Thank you lady! Thank you very much!"

Shavani was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him.

She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.

"That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day."

She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.

She read the letter:

“Dear Shavani: It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.Love Always Lord Ramâ€

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Shavani no longer felt the cold. A thrill ran through her entire being and her eyes were filled with tears of joy.

From Bhagavad Gita Ch.18, verse 61The Lord dwells in the hearts of all beings

with Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat

Videos Get the latest video streams on movies, Try it!

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Guest guest

Hari Om !

Dear  Jayasankarji.....

Seriously.....No doubt, Lord is sitting within ourselves and not only in the temples.  This is what I learnt today from " Bhagavathamrutham " by Swami Udit Chaithanyaji,  a program being telecast in Asianet. He says, if we honour others too as where Lord sits, we need not have to go to temples, the reason being Temple is Kshethram and the Kshethrajnan is in the vigraham as well as within us.  What he additionally said is also true that we should never go to temple to say about our problems, as HE is well aware of it, instead, if we are going to temple to spend some time by praising the lord,  in a peaceful place where lots of positive energy prevails, it  really helps.  If we realise that all the " chaitnyam " seen in different lords like Krishna,  Shiva, Parvathi, Ganesha, Subramanya are the same, he said, we need not have to run to too many temples, i.e. after praying in one temple, run to another temple before it gets closed......

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya !

2009/7/13 jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat

ഓം നമോ നാരായണായ:

Letter from Lord Ram

Shavani went to her mailbox and there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again. There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address.

She read the letter:   “Dear Shavani: I’m going to be in your neighbourhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.   Love Always, Lord Ram†  Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. " Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer. "

With that thought, Shavani remembered her empty kitchen cabinets.   " Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner. "   She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents.   " Well, I can get some bread and Veg, at least. "   She threw on her coat and hurried out the door. A loaf of French bread, various vegetables, and a carton of milk, leaving Shavani with grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday. Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.   " Hey lady, can you help us, lady? "   Shavani had been so absorbed in her dinner plans; she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags   " Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind of hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we’d really appreciate it. "   Shavani looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.   " Bhai ji, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few vegetables, some bread and milk and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him. "   " Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway. "   The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave, Shavani felt a familiar twinge in her heart.   " Bhai ji, wait! "   The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them.   " Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest. "   She handed the man her grocery bag.   " Thank you lady. Thank you very much! " " Yes, thank you! "   It was the man's wife, and Shavani could see now that she was shivering.   " You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one.†  Shavani unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders.

Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.   " Thank you lady! Thank you very much! "   Shavani was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him. She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.   " That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day. "   She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.   She read the letter:   “Dear Shavani: It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.Love Always Lord Ram†  The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Shavani no longer felt the cold. A thrill ran through her entire being and her eyes were filled with tears of joy.   From Bhagavad Gita Ch.18, verse 61The Lord dwells in the hearts of all beings   with Prayers,   Jayasankar Vattekkat  

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Guest guest

Namaste!Beautiful story though I knew where it was going.I liked it.Hari Om!Chith PuramOn Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM, jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat wrote:

ഓം നമോ നാരായണായ:

Letter from Lord Ram

She read the letter:

“Dear Shavani: I’m going to be in your neighbourhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.

Love Always, Lord Ramâ€

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. " Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer. "

" Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner. "

She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents.

" Well, I can get some bread and Veg, at least. "

She threw on her coat and hurried out the door. A loaf of French bread, various vegetables, and a carton of milk, leaving Shavani with grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday. Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm.

" Hey lady, can you help us, lady? "

Shavani had been so absorbed in her dinner plans; she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags

" Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind of hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we’d really appreciate it. "

Shavani looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.

" Bhai ji, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few vegetables, some bread and milk and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him. "

" Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway. "

The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave, Shavani felt a familiar twinge in her heart.

" Bhai ji, wait! "

" Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest. "

" Thank you lady. Thank you very much! " " Yes, thank you! "

" You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one.â€

Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street...without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.

" Thank you lady! Thank you very much! "

Shavani was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him.

She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox.

" That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day. "

She read the letter:

“Dear Shavani: It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.Love Always Lord Ramâ€

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Shavani no longer felt the cold. A thrill ran through her entire being and her eyes were filled with tears of joy.

with Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Very beautiful letter, thank u for sharing,

Soumya --- On Mon, 7/13/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpaRe: [Guruvayur] Fw: Letter from Lord ramguruvayur Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 9:09 PM

Namaste!

Beautiful story though I knew where it was going.

I liked it.

Hari Om!

Chith Puram

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM, jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat@ .co. in> wrote:

ഓം നമോ നാരായണായ:

Letter from Lord Ram

She read the letter:

Love Always, Lord Ramâ€

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. "Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer."

"Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner."

"Well, I can get some bread and Veg, at least."

"Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"

"Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind of hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we’d really appreciate it."

"Bhai ji, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few vegetables, some bread and milk and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him."

"Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway."

"Bhai ji, wait!"

"Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest."

"Thank you lady. Thank you very much!Yes, thank you!"

"You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one.â€

"Thank you lady! Thank you very much!"

"That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day."

She read the letter:

with Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat