Pray

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Chandra Menonji,

Bhakti is eternal.

Gone through your message.

This reminds the following words of Sri Charles Spurgeon:

"I commend intercessory prayer, because it opens man's soul, gives a healthy play to his sympathies, constrains him to feel that he is not everybody, and that this wide world and this great universe were not after all made that he might be its petty lord, that everything might bend to his will, and all creatures crouch at his feet."

In general:

The best gift anyone can give to another is to pray for him or her. We live in a sinful world where bad things happen to people and people are tempted to sin. Praying for another person not only helps that person find God in the midst of trouble, but also helps us recognize the blessings that God gives us daily!

Thank you for presenting a noble article.

With love and regards,

Sastry--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Pray"Guruv" <guruvayur >Sunday, July 12, 2009, 5:32 PM

OM Namo Narayanaya

Praying and praying specially for others have a great effect.

I would like to share the following mail that I received from one of my closest friends.

OM Namo Narayanaya

chandrasekharan

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. "Your son is here," she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient opened his eyes.Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement..The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of

love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused.Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night..Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her."Who was that man?" he asked. The nurse was startled, "He was your

father," she answered."No, he wasn't," the Marine replied. "I never saw him before in my life.""Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?""I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here.When I realized that he was too sick to recognize whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed."

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

The next time someone needs you ... just be there... Stay and Extend a helping hand.We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience."We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience"

Stay and Pray……….it can do a world of difference for someone and never know when sometimes we need someone like this………

Guest guest

Hari omWonderful message is conveyed. Ofcourse it can do a world of difference when we need someone.Thanks for sharing.indira--- On Sun, 12/7/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Pray"Guruv" <guruvayur >Sunday, 12 July, 2009, 12:32 PM

OM Namo Narayanaya

I would like to share the following mail that I received from one of my closest friends.

OM Namo Narayanaya

chandrasekharan

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. "Your son is here," she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient opened his eyes.Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of

love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused.Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night..Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her."Who was that man?" he asked. The nurse was startled, "He was

your

father," she answered."No, he wasn't," the Marine replied. "I never saw him before in my life.""Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?""I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here.When I realized that he was too sick to recognize whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed."

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

The next time someone needs you ... just be there.. Stay and Extend a helping hand.We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience."We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience"

Stay and Pray……….it can do a world of difference for someone and never know when sometimes we need someone like this………

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Guest guest

Dear Devotees,

I am a silent member of this group but used to read all regularly.

I am writing this mail with a request to all devotees.

By grace of Lord Krishna my wife is carrying two and half months pregnancy for our second child. But from the beginning she is having servere vomiting and BP getting low. We are doing the regular check up and as advised by Doctor it will continue minimum three months.

So I request each one of your pray to Lord Krishna for her better health as well as child.

Snehapurvam, RamachandranPh.: +91 0487 2296250 (Resi) +968 92764343 (Muscat) /: +91 9847 988 685

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Guest guest

Dear Shri Ramachandranji,

Don't take any tension about it. Lord Shree Guruvayoorappan will take care your wife and bless a healthy child. I sincerely pray for your wife's better health.

Om Namo Narayanaya!

With prayers,

(Annapoorni Venkatesh)--- On Mon, 13/7/09, Ramachandran Thekkedath <ram_athul wrote:

Ramachandran Thekkedath <ram_athul[Guruvayur] Prayguruvayur Date: Monday, 13 July, 2009, 2:57 PM

Dear Devotees,

I am a silent member of this group but used to read all regularly.

I am writing this mail with a request to all devotees.

By grace of Lord Krishna my wife is carrying two and half months pregnancy for our second child. But from the beginning she is having servere vomiting and BP getting low. We are doing the regular check up and as advised by Doctor it will continue minimum three months.

So I request each one of your pray to Lord Krishna for her better health as well as child.

Snehapurvam, RamachandranPh.: +91 0487 2296250 (Resi) +968 92764343 (Muscat) /: +91 9847 988 685

Guest guest

Hari OmRespected ChandrajiIt is a wonderful narration. In this Kaliyuga, amidst self centered people(mostly), we need someone like the mariner.Om Namo NarayanayaDevi Sarma--- On Sun, 12/7/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002[Guruvayur] Pray"Guruv" <guruvayur >Sunday, 12 July, 2009, 11:02 PM

OM Namo Narayanaya

OM Namo Narayanaya

chandrasekharan

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. "Your son is here," she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient opened his eyes.Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of

love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused.Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night..Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her."Who was that man?" he asked. The nurse was startled, "He was

your

The next time someone needs you ... just be there.. Stay and Extend a helping hand.We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience."We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience"

Looking for local information? Find it on Local