Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES -

WHY DO WE FOLLOW THOSE?

" Yadhaa yadhaa hi Dharmasya Glaanir bhavathi Bhaaratha,

Abhyuthaanam Adharmasya Tad Aatmaanam srujaamyaham. "

- Bhagavad Gita

Whenever there is a decline in the natural order of the Universe, whenever there

is a rise in evil beyond certain limits, I will manifest myself†and come to

Earth and till all the evil forces.  

The END...

An old Farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each

morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bhagavat

Geeta. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every

way he could.

One day the grandson asked, ‘Grandpa! I try to read the Bhagavat Geeta just

like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon

as I close the book. What good does reading the Bhagavat Geeta do?’

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied,

‘Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to

the house. The grandfather laughed and said, ‘You’ll have to move a little

faster next time,’ and sent him back to the river with the basket to try

again.

This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned

home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry

water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, ‘I

don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not

trying hard enough,’ and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his

grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out

before he got back to the house.

The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his

grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, ‘See Grandpa,

it’s useless!’

‘So you think it is useless?’ The old man said, ‘Look at the basket.’

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was

different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now

clean, inside and out.

" Son, that’s what happens when you read the Bhagavat Geeta. You might not

understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed,

inside and out. That is the work of Lord Krishna in our lives. "

Remember me in your prayers.

My Strength...  

Story of swamy Vivekananda, Rangaswami Iyengar, Rohini Ranjan, P. R.

Ramachander, Swami Krishnananda, Stephen Knapp, Vishnu Purana,

Srimad-Bhagavatam, Shiva purana, SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA, Brown, Larry A, St.

Augustine's 'City of God', V. Kumar., Amar Chitra Katha Book, Mr. P.D. BHASI,

Prasad Ramakrishnan, Krishnan, By B.K. Khem Jokhoo, Mamandram Magazine, Ravi

Shankar, Sri Navinacandra Cakravarti, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta , Arya Sanghata

Sutra, Sarasvati Thakura, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan, Sri Caitanya

Mahaprabhu, Braj kishor Singh, Vishweshwara Rao M, Veteran Hubber, Sitapati,

Gopalakrishnan, G.Phanisrinivas, CD Mohatta, Raja Rao, Bansi Pandit, Kathavarta,

Deepaksaagar, Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli, Bhagvath das.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Click here http://cricket.

Guest guest

Dear Bharathji

Thanks for the wonderful series.

Most of the things you explained explained through the series were new to me.

Really it was amazing.

God bless you.

Regards

Leju--- On Tue, 7/21/09, Feel The Experience <zumbrys wrote:

Feel The Experience <zumbrys[Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 5:33 PM

HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES - WHY DO WE FOLLOW THOSE? " Yadhaa yadhaa hi Dharmasya Glaanir bhavathi Bhaaratha,Abhyuthaanam Adharmasya Tad Aatmaanam srujaamyaham. " - Bhagavad Gita Whenever there is a decline in the natural order of the Universe, whenever there is a rise in evil beyond certain limits, I will manifest myself†and come to Earth and till all the evil forces. The END... An old Farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bhagavat Geeta. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could. One day the grandson asked, ‘Grandpa! I try to read the Bhagavat Geeta just like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading

the Bhagavat Geeta do?’ The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, ‘Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water. The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, ‘You’ll have to move a little faster next time,’ and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, ‘I don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not trying hard enough,’ and he went out the door to watch the boy try again. At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his

grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, ‘See Grandpa, it’s useless!’ ‘So you think it is useless?’ The old man said, ‘Look at the basket.’ The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out. "Son, that’s what happens when you read the Bhagavat Geeta. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Lord Krishna in our lives."

Remember me in your prayers. My Strength... Story of swamy Vivekananda, Rangaswami Iyengar, Rohini Ranjan, P. R. Ramachander, Swami Krishnananda, Stephen Knapp, Vishnu Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Shiva purana, SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA, Brown, Larry A, St. Augustine's 'City of God', V. Kumar., Amar Chitra Katha Book, Mr. P.D. BHASI, Prasad Ramakrishnan, Krishnan, By B.K. Khem Jokhoo, Mamandram Magazine, Ravi Shankar, Sri Navinacandra Cakravarti, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta , Arya Sanghata Sutra, Sarasvati Thakura, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Braj kishor Singh, Vishweshwara Rao M, Veteran Hubber, Sitapati, Gopalakrishnan, G.Phanisrinivas, CD Mohatta, Raja Rao, Bansi Pandit, Kathavarta, Deepaksaagar, Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli, Bhagvath das.Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.

Guest guest

Hari OM! Bharathji,Wonderful series!I would like to get a copy of the whole book- Is it available in a website? ThanksSukumar--- On Wed, 7/22/09, leju k <lejupillai wrote:leju k <lejupillaiRe: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur Received: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 7:16 PM

Dear Bharathji

Thanks for the wonderful series.

Most of the things you explained explained through the series were new to me.

Really it was amazing.

God bless you.

Regards

Leju--- On Tue, 7/21/09, Feel The Experience <zumbrys (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Feel The Experience <zumbrys (AT) (DOT) co.in>[Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, July 21, 2009, 5:33 PM

HINDU RITUALS AND ROUTINES - WHY DO WE FOLLOW THOSE? " Yadhaa yadhaa hi Dharmasya Glaanir bhavathi Bhaaratha,Abhyuthaanam Adharmasya Tad Aatmaanam srujaamyaham. " - Bhagavad Gita Whenever there is a decline in the natural order of the Universe, whenever there is a rise in evil beyond certain limits, I will manifest myself†and come to Earth and till all the evil forces. The END... An old Farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bhagavat Geeta. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could. One day the grandson asked, ‘Grandpa! I try to read the Bhagavat Geeta just like you but I don’t understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading

the Bhagavat Geeta do?’ The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, ‘Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water. The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, ‘You’ll have to move a little faster next time,’ and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, ‘I don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not trying hard enough,’ and he went out the door to watch the boy try again. At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his

grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, ‘See Grandpa, it’s useless!’ ‘So you think it is useless?’ The old man said, ‘Look at the basket.’ The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out. "Son, that’s what happens when you read the Bhagavat Geeta. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Lord Krishna in our lives."

Remember me in your prayers. My Strength... Story of swamy Vivekananda, Rangaswami Iyengar, Rohini Ranjan, P. R. Ramachander, Swami Krishnananda, Stephen Knapp, Vishnu Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Shiva purana, SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA, Brown, Larry A, St. Augustine's 'City of God', V. Kumar., Amar Chitra Katha Book, Mr. P.D. BHASI, Prasad Ramakrishnan, Krishnan, By B.K. Khem Jokhoo, Mamandram Magazine, Ravi Shankar, Sri Navinacandra Cakravarti, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta , Arya Sanghata Sutra, Sarasvati Thakura, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Braj kishor Singh, Vishweshwara Rao M, Veteran Hubber, Sitapati, Gopalakrishnan, G.Phanisrinivas, CD Mohatta, Raja Rao, Bansi Pandit, Kathavarta, Deepaksaagar, Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli, Bhagvath das.Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

Guest guest

i agree with you . It will be helpful if the series is put into single file in our group, as also the jnanapana by savitri ji, bhgavat gita of sarojamji also

sreedevi menon

om namo narayanaya--- On Thu, 7/23/09, chandrika shankar <chandrikashankar wrote:

chandrika shankar <chandrikashankarRe: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 7:02 AM

You have done a great service by your articles about HINDU RITUALS.Is it possible to put the 100 articles in one file so that we can refer to it easily.May God Bless you!

Ram priya--- On Thu, 7/23/09, Feel The Experience <zumbrys (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Feel The Experience <zumbrys (AT) (DOT) co.in>Re: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, July 23, 2009, 12:56 AM

Dear Leju Brother, Thanks for remembering me in your prayers. Keep in touch. dil se, Bharath.K " Our life begins with our cry and ends with another's cry.

Try to fill this gap with as much laughter as possible." --- On Thu, 23/7/09, leju k <lejupillai > wrote:

leju k <lejupillai >Re: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, 23 July, 2009, 12:46 AM

Dear Bharathji

Thanks for the wonderful series. Most of the things you explained explained through the series were new to me. Really it was amazing. God bless you.

Regards

Feel The Experience <zumbrys (AT) (DOT) co.in>[Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur@grou ps.comTuesday, July 21, 2009, 5:33 PM

Remember me in your prayers. My Strength... Story of swamy Vivekananda, Rangaswami Iyengar, Rohini Ranjan, P.. R. Ramachander, Swami Krishnananda, Stephen Knapp, Vishnu Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Shiva purana, SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA, Brown, Larry A, St. Augustine's 'City of God', V. Kumar., Amar Chitra Katha Book, Mr. P.D. BHASI, Prasad Ramakrishnan, Krishnan, By B.K. Khem Jokhoo, Mamandram Magazine, Ravi Shankar, Sri Navinacandra Cakravarti, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta , Arya Sanghata Sutra, Sarasvati Thakura, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Braj kishor Singh, Vishweshwara Rao M, Veteran Hubber, Sitapati, Gopalakrishnan, G.Phanisrinivas, CD Mohatta, Raja Rao, Bansi Pandit, Kathavarta, Deepaksaagar, Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli, Bhagvath das.Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.

Guest guest

Dear Bharathji

Your articles, well recorded in my mind helped me to think of Lord with all love and devotion and I sincerely pray Guruvayurappan to bless you with Aaayouraarogyasoukh yam . Will you continue this in future pls. We are expecting more.

With prayers..............

Sushma Shreeyan

--- On Thu, 23/7/09, Feel The Experience <zumbrys wrote:

Feel The Experience <zumbrysRe: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur Date: Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 5:56 AM

Dear Leju Brother, Thanks for remembering me in your prayers. Keep in touch. dil se, Bharath.K " Our life begins with our cry and ends with another's cry.

Try to fill this gap with as much laughter as possible." --- On Thu, 23/7/09, leju k <lejupillai > wrote:

leju k <lejupillai >Re: [Guruvayur] HINDU RITUALS - Part 100 - The END...guruvayur@grou ps.comThursday, 23 July, 2009, 12:46 AM

Dear Bharathji

Thanks for the wonderful series. Most of the things you explained explained through the series were new to me. Really it was amazing. God bless you.

Regards

Remember me in your prayers. My Strength... Story of swamy Vivekananda, Rangaswami Iyengar, Rohini Ranjan, P... R. Ramachander, Swami Krishnananda, Stephen Knapp, Vishnu Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Shiva purana, SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA, Brown, Larry A, St. Augustine's 'City of God', V. Kumar., Amar Chitra Katha Book, Mr. P.D. BHASI, Prasad Ramakrishnan, Krishnan, By B.K. Khem Jokhoo, Mamandram Magazine, Ravi Shankar, Sri Navinacandra Cakravarti, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta , Arya Sanghata Sutra, Sarasvati Thakura, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Braj kishor Singh, Vishweshwara Rao M, Veteran Hubber, Sitapati, Gopalakrishnan, G.Phanisrinivas, CD Mohatta, Raja Rao, Bansi Pandit, Kathavarta, Deepaksaagar, Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli, Bhagvath das.Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.