IndiaDivine.org

Sangeetha Archana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Om Namo NarayanayaI had the privilege of offering a Sangeetha Archana as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan at the Guruvayoor Temple in 2001 and some of the songs have been converted and uploaded in the youtube and those are given below. I would like to share my archana songs with my Guruvayoorappan devotee friends. I never had classical music training in India even though I always wanted to learn. After my marriage, due to my continuous studies, raising children and professional responsibilities there was no time to learn music, until september of 1996 when I got an opportunity to learn when I met my music teacher Mrs. Kalyani Sadanandan, a loving and very affectionate capable teacher.The musicians in this group can easily identify my mistakes and I request to forgive me for this immature attempt.I took some lessons from my

teacher in the USA, and in one of our music class recitals in our house, after my song, (I sang Nanda Gopala, Dikshither's composition in Yaman Kalyani ) my husband suggested to my teacher that my teacher and I should sing in Guruvayoor Temple as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan. My teacher and I took this suggestion as a project and with the blessing of Guruvayoorappan we could fullfil this archana.It was Guruvayoorappan who made this happen and with his blessings all the necessary logistics to offer the Sangeetha Archana came together. I am indebted to my teacher who accompanied with us with her husband to Guruvayoor and gave me all the encouragement with her affection and patience. Rajee Ananda

Guest guest

Dear Krishna devotees,

I am tempted to write this note after reading the attached mail.

Parvathi Sankaran (my wife) and I are currently involved in writing a book which is a collection of classical kritis bearing on Sree Krishna. We have collected over 200 kritis in Samskrutam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayaalam and Hindi (some well-known, some not, and some not heard at all in concert circuits), composed by a galaxy of illustrious composers including Naaraayana Teerta, Jayadeva, Purandaradaasa, Sadaasiva Brahmendra, Annamaachaarya, Bhadraachala Raamadaasa, Thyaagaraaja, Deekshitar, Swaati Tirunaal, Lalitaadaasar, Tulaseevanam, Paapanaasam Sivan, Periaswaamy Tooran, Ambujam Krishna, Meeraa and  Kabeer Daas. A few slokas from Naaraayaneeyam and Jnaana Paana have also been included.

We have tried to give the meaning of the kritis in simple English, with word-by-word meaning where feasible. We hope this would enable a better appreciation of the import and bhaava of the songs and avoidance of  'padachedam' at inappropriate places. Hopefully, the work may be over in 3 months or so. Our intention is to publish the collection as a book subject to circumstances being propitious.

The collection is dedicated to Guruvaayoorappan.

Warm regards,

G.Sankaran

2009/8/3 Rajeswari ananda <anandarajee

Om Namo NarayanayaI had the privilege of offering a Sangeetha Archana as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan at the Guruvayoor Temple in 2001 and some of the songs have been converted and uploaded in the youtube and those are given below. I would like to share my archana songs with my Guruvayoorappan devotee friends.

I never had classical music training in India even though I always wanted to learn. After my marriage, due to my continuous studies, raising children and professional responsibilities  there was no time to learn music, until september of 1996 when I got an opportunity to learn when I met my music teacher Mrs. Kalyani Sadanandan, a loving and very affectionate capable teacher.

The musicians in this group can easily identify my mistakes and I request to forgive me for this immature attempt.I took some lessons from my teacher in the USA, and in one of our music class recitals in our house, after my song, (I sang Nanda Gopala, Dikshither's composition in Yaman Kalyani ) my husband suggested to my teacher that my teacher and I should sing in Guruvayoor Temple as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan. My teacher and I took this suggestion as a project and with the blessing of Guruvayoorappan we could fullfil this archana.

It was Guruvayoorappan who made this happen and with his blessings all the necessary logistics to offer the Sangeetha Archana came together. I am indebted to my teacher who accompanied with us with her husband to Guruvayoor and gave me all the encouragement with her affection and patience.

Rajee Ananda 

Guest guest

Gurvayoorappa,

Dear Devotees,

May Lord

Guruvayoorappan and Amma Mookambika, shower their blessings on you.

Wishing you every

success,

Padaravindame

Saranam, Guruvayoorappa Saranam,

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great

day,

mprnair,

nairradhakrishnan.

guruvayur [guruvayur ] On Behalf Of gopalakrishnan sankaran

Monday, August 03, 2009 1:32

AM

guruvayur

Re: [Guruvayur] Sangeetha

Archana

Dear Krishna devotees,

Parvathi Sankaran (my wife) and I are currently involved in writing a

book which is a collection of classical kritis bearing on Sree Krishna. We have

collected over 200 kritis in Samskrutam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayaalam

and Hindi (some well-known, some not, and some not heard at all in concert

circuits), composed by a galaxy of illustrious composers including Naaraayana

Teerta, Jayadeva, Purandaradaasa, Sadaasiva Brahmendra, Annamaachaarya,

Bhadraachala Raamadaasa, Thyaagaraaja, Deekshitar, Swaati Tirunaal,

Lalitaadaasar, Tulaseevanam, Paapanaasam Sivan, Periaswaamy Tooran, Ambujam

Krishna, Meeraa and Kabeer Daas. A few slokas from Naaraayaneeyam and

Jnaana Paana have also been included.

We have tried to give the meaning of the kritis in simple English, with

word-by-word meaning where feasible. We hope this would enable a better

appreciation of the import and bhaava of the songs and avoidance of

'padachedam' at inappropriate places. Hopefully, the work may be over in

3 months or so. Our intention is to publish the collection as a book subject to

circumstances being propitious.

Warm regards,

G.Sankaran

2009/8/3 Rajeswari ananda <anandarajee >

Om

Namo Narayanaya

I had the privilege of offering a Sangeetha Archana as a prayer to Lord

Guruvayoorappan at the Guruvayoor

Temple in 2001 and some

of the songs have been converted and uploaded in the youtube and those are

given below. I would like to share my archana songs with my Guruvayoorappan

devotee friends.

I never had classical music training in India even though I always wanted

to learn. After my marriage, due to my continuous studies, raising children

and professional responsibilities there was no time to learn music,

until september of 1996 when I got an opportunity to learn when I met my

music teacher Mrs. Kalyani Sadanandan, a loving and very affectionate capable

teacher.

The musicians in this group can easily identify my mistakes and I request to

forgive me for this immature attempt.

I took some lessons from my teacher in the USA, and in one of our music class

recitals in our house, after my song, (I sang Nanda Gopala, Dikshither's

composition in Yaman Kalyani ) my husband suggested to my teacher that my

teacher and I should sing in Guruvayoor Temple as a prayer to Lord

Guruvayoorappan. My teacher and I took this suggestion as a project and with

the blessing of Guruvayoorappan we could fullfil this archana.

It was Guruvayoorappan who made this happen and with his blessings all the

necessary logistics to offer the Sangeetha Archana came together. I am

indebted to my teacher who accompanied with us with her husband to Guruvayoor

and gave me all the encouragement with her affection and patience.

Rajee Ananda

Guest guest

May Sri Guruvayurappan give us an opportunity to take a pavithra snanam in that Sangeetha Ganga. After all such Music is the rightroyal road of Bhakthi leading to Mukthi!Entharo Mahanubhavulo anthareeki Vandanamulu.Hantha Bhagyam Jananam!, --- On Sun, 8/2/09, gopalakrishnan sankaran <geeess wrote:gopalakrishnan sankaran <geeessRe: [Guruvayur] Sangeetha Archanaguruvayur Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:31 PM

Dear Krishna devotees,

Parvathi Sankaran (my wife) and I are currently involved in writing a book which is a collection of classical kritis bearing on Sree Krishna. We have collected over 200 kritis in Samskrutam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayaalam and Hindi (some well-known, some not, and some not heard at all in concert circuits), composed by a galaxy of illustrious composers including Naaraayana Teerta, Jayadeva, Purandaradaasa, Sadaasiva Brahmendra, Annamaachaarya, Bhadraachala Raamadaasa, Thyaagaraaja, Deekshitar, Swaati Tirunaal, Lalitaadaasar, Tulaseevanam, Paapanaasam Sivan, Periaswaamy Tooran, Ambujam Krishna, Meeraa and Kabeer Daas. A few slokas from Naaraayaneeyam and Jnaana Paana have also been included.

We have tried to give the meaning of the kritis in simple English, with word-by-word meaning where feasible. We hope this would enable a better appreciation of the import and bhaava of the songs and avoidance of 'padachedam' at inappropriate places. Hopefully, the work may be over in 3 months or so. Our intention is to publish the collection as a book subject to circumstances being propitious.

Warm regards,

G.Sankaran

2009/8/3 Rajeswari ananda <anandarajee@ >

Om Namo NarayanayaI had the privilege of offering a Sangeetha Archana as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan at the Guruvayoor Temple in 2001 and some of the songs have been converted and uploaded in the youtube and those are given below. I would like to share my archana songs with my Guruvayoorappan devotee friends.

I never had classical music training in India even though I always wanted to learn. After my marriage, due to my continuous studies, raising children and professional responsibilities there was no time to learn music, until september of 1996 when I got an opportunity to learn when I met my music teacher Mrs. Kalyani Sadanandan, a loving and very affectionate capable teacher.

The musicians in this group can easily identify my mistakes and I request to forgive me for this immature attempt.I took some lessons from my teacher in the USA, and in one of our music class recitals in our house, after my song, (I sang Nanda Gopala, Dikshither's composition in Yaman Kalyani ) my husband suggested to my teacher that my teacher and I should sing in Guruvayoor Temple as a prayer to Lord Guruvayoorappan. My teacher and I took this suggestion as a project and with the blessing of Guruvayoorappan we could fullfil this archana.

It was Guruvayoorappan who made this happen and with his blessings all the necessary logistics to offer the Sangeetha Archana came together. I am indebted to my teacher who accompanied with us with her husband to Guruvayoor and gave me all the encouragement with her affection and patience.

Rajee Ananda

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=a-rG_bS- hO4

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=HP5vnjJUu6o

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=pFVAcFweDqA

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=Bu8zL0gFpi8

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=KiThnLZ5aBE

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=1IjStjTSvWc

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=gfmpcJFEi4Y

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=ufMkTdfr9xw

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=-v589olRKA0

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=O44MJTfIR48

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=41TZHALQUMM

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=YCf3-YFmuM8

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=Slex5Vgqb0A

Guest guest

Dear Rajee-ji,

Excellent!! Since I saw the videos on Facebook, I have been thinking about

posting it to our group but wanted to check with you before doing so. I am glad

you posted to the group.

Though I am not a Carnatic music expert, I am familiar with most of these

krithis and you have done a great job. It has to be Guruvayoorappan's blessings

and love that enabled you to learn and perform in front of him especially

considering your busy schedule as Neurologist!

Expecting more and more such bhakthi filled music from you..

Now we have excellent song writers, composers and performers in our group and

maybe it is time for the group to think about a music project including all the

great artists among us.

Hantha Bhagyam jananam...

Om Namo Narayan

Sunil

guruvayur , Rajeswari ananda <anandarajee wrote:

>

> Om Namo Narayanaya

>

> I had the privilege of offering a Sangeetha Archana as a prayer to Lord

Guruvayoorappan at the Guruvayoor Temple in 2001 and some of the songs have been

converted and uploaded in the youtube and those are given below. I would like to

share my archana songs with my Guruvayoorappan devotee friends.

>

> I never had classical music training in India even though I always wanted to

learn. After my marriage, due to my continuous studies, raising children and

professional responsibilities  there was no time to learn music, until september

of 1996 when I got an opportunity to learn when I met my music teacher Mrs.

Kalyani Sadanandan, a loving and very affectionate capable teacher.

>

> The musicians in this group can easily identify my mistakes and I request to

forgive me for this immature attempt.

>

> I took some lessons from my teacher in the USA, and in one of our music class

recitals in our house, after my song, (I sang Nanda Gopala, Dikshither's

composition in Yaman Kalyani ) my husband suggested to my teacher that my

teacher and I should sing in Guruvayoor Temple as a prayer to Lord

Guruvayoorappan. My teacher and I took this suggestion as a project and with the

blessing of Guruvayoorappan we could fullfil this archana.

>

> It was Guruvayoorappan who made this happen and with his blessings all the

necessary logistics to offer the Sangeetha Archana came together. I am indebted

to my teacher who accompanied with us with her husband to Guruvayoor and gave me

all the encouragement with her affection and patience.

>

> Rajee Ananda 

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>