IndiaDivine.org

No Gratitude - No Grace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear friends and devotees,

Bhakti is eternal.

No Gratitude, No Grace Once Mother Parvati and Easwara (Lord Shiva) saw a person sitting on the branch of a tree, which was about to break. Watching this, Mother Parvati pleaded with Easwara to save the man. Easwara teasingly remarked, “why should I protect him? Since You saw him first, it is Your duty to save himâ€. But the Mother said, “How can I protect him without Your grace. I am the negative and you are the positive. Unless you shower Your grace on him, he cannot be

saved. Please do not delay any furtherâ€.Then Easwara replied, “Is it not his duty to call Me for help? How can I go to his rescue without being called? As the proverb goes, one should not attend a function without being invitedâ€. Mother Parvati, out of her motherly compassion, wanted to protect that person at any cost. So, she said to Easwara, “If that person, when he falls down, cries out amma (mother), I will go to his rescue; and if he cries out appa (father), you should protect himâ€. Easwara agreed to her proposal. Both of them eagerly waited for the call. But the person fell down crying Ayyo (alas)! The words amma or appa did not come to his lips, as he had never respected and revered his parents in his lifetime. Such was his fate! How can God come to the rescue of a person who

has totally forgotten his parents? Both our Mother and Father are verily God.. And when with such feelings, we offer our gratitude to our parents, even God cannot refrain from helping us.

With love and regards,

Sastry

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Thank you Dr. Sastry for this mail in bringing up the moral "to love, respect and protect" ones parents. Maatha, Pithaa are the first Gurus.

When we go to Guruvayoor, we hear more and more "amme naarayanaa" and this explains the inner meaning of calling ones mother first and then Naraayana for help. Great Mother (Mother of all Mothers) will come first and to help HER NaraayaNa will also accompany in helping us who are in distress.

Is it a coincidence that in today's episode 36A Shri Savithri Puram also expressing to respect not only ones parents but also Life partner and wife while narrating Poonthaanams jnaanappana? And there are people who are "Njeliyunnithu" ഞെളിയàµà´¨àµà´¨à´¿à´¤àµ (equivalent in sanskrit is dambh दंभ) showing hypocrisy to the rest in this "showy" world. When we all will become "truthful" to oneself and to the rest? Only by reciting Hari Nama Keerthanam.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastryguruvayur Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 1:10:07 AM[Guruvayur] No Gratitude - No Grace

Dear friends and devotees, Bhakti is eternal. No Gratitude, No Grace Once Mother Parvati and Easwara (Lord Shiva) saw a person sitting on the branch of a tree, which was about to break. Watching this, Mother Parvati pleaded with Easwara to save the man. Easwara teasingly remarked, “why should I protect him? Since You saw him first, it is Your duty to save himâ€. But the Mother said, “How can I protect him without Your grace. I am the negative and you are the positive. Unless you shower Your grace on him, he cannot be saved. Please do not delay any furtherâ€.Then Easwara replied, “Is it not his duty to call Me for help? How can I go to his rescue without being called? As the proverb goes, one should not attend

a function without being invitedâ€. Mother Parvati, out of her motherly compassion, wanted to protect that person at any cost. So, she said to Easwara, “If that person, when he falls down, cries out amma (mother), I will go to his rescue; and if he cries out appa (father), you should protect himâ€. Easwara agreed to her proposal. Both of them eagerly waited for the call. But the person fell down crying Ayyo (alas)! The words amma or appa did not come to his lips, as he had never respected and revered his parents in his lifetime. Such was his fate! How can God come to the rescue of a person who has totally forgotten his parents? Both our Mother and Father are verily God.. And when with such feelings, we offer our gratitude to our parents, even God cannot refrain from helping

us. With love and regards, Sastry