IndiaDivine.org

Akshardham, New Delhi: A must visit Temple for one and all [1]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM Duringmy brief discussion with Shri Sunil more than a month back in Santa Clara, whenI said I am presently in New Delhi, the one and only thing he asked me aboutDelhi was on Akshardham. And now, when I look back one of the very few things Iam really proud of having accomplished during my stay in Delhi is that I couldvisit Akshardham Temple, along with my wife, repeatedly and that tooleisurely. Swaminarayan Akshardham Delhi, in my humbleopinion, is a Mahakshetram of the 21st Century - literarily andfiguratively. After five years of continuous work by a very large group ofhighly dedicated artisan, volunteers and other professionals, from all over theworld, it was "thrown open to the people of the world" on Nov 6, 2005 [2].As very aptly asserted in the inaugurationceremony, Delhi Akshardham, like any other Swaminarayan Temple, is for one andall - with out any barriers whatsoever - to find inspiration to mould theirlives and rise to such levels to realise the Divinity in themselves [3].Delhi Akshardham is a magnificent blend of Universal ideals ofHinduism and the ancient temple architecture comprisingelaborate stone carving art forms from across the country. Various breathtaking scenes from the Upanishads,Ramayan, and Mahabharat are depicted using the most modernexhibition technology. Through thedepiction (using the modern IMAX Technology) of the inspiring pilgrimage of the18th century child-yogi Neelkanth, covering over 12,000 km by walkingbare foot for 7 years, the true spirit and soul of India rightfrom the pristine shores of Kerala in the south up to the mesmerising icy peaksof the Himalayas is brought to life. By now Akshardham New Delhi had gained manyworld recognitions [4]. However, I believe there is no parallel to this Mahakshetram and weshould never try to compare it with anything else – such comparisons perhaps goagainst the very spirit of Swaminarayan Temples.To sum up, SwaminarayanAkshardham New Delhi built on a 105-acre plot on the banks ofthe sacred River Yamuna epitomises 10,000 years ofIndian culture in all its breathtaking grandeur, creatinga powerful and lasting experience of Indian Heritage – spiritual, cultural, andsocial – using the most modern technology. The Akshardham experience is an enlighteningjourney through India's glorious spiritual values and contributions for theharmony, progress, and happiness of mankind [5]. Those of our fellow devotees who had beento Sabarimala Sannidhanam would have experienced that with each visit you getan increased urge to revisit. And the one place in Delhi that I would like to revisit the most is noneother than Akshardham [6]. *** *** ***(1) Message #6482 "I recommend anyone visiting Delhi that they mustvisit Akshardham temple. It makes you feel proud of our culture" - Sunil Menon.(2) On Nov. 6, 2005 the DelhiAkshardham was thrown open to the people of the world Jointly by the thenPresident of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh andLeader of the opposition in Parliament Shri LK Adwani, at the Foot Prints ofSwaminarayan, in the Holy presence of Pramukh Swamy Maharaj. PleaseClick here "to readexcerpt from Akshardham Inaugural Address by Dr. Abdul Kalam – Nov. 6, 2005 -nbn"(3) The Akshardham Temples are built by the world renowned organisation, the Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha(BAPS) PleaseClick here "to know moreabout BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha-nbn"(4) a. Message# 6497 Swaminarayan Temple Opens in Toronto – A must read - ………sheejith.k.c. (4) b. Message # 6996Swaminarayan Trust Invited to Build Akshardham in China - Sreedhar CP, and(4) c. Message # 7814 AkshardhamTemple Enters Guinness Book of World Records - Sreedhar CP.(5) Please Clickhere "for AkshardhamTemple web-site - nbn"(6) Shall make an attempt to write on some useful tips forAkshardham visitors that you may not find on the web-sites.Regards,NB Nair.