IndiaDivine.org

RE: KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI Celebrations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Krishna Bhakta

I belong to Palakkad in Kerala and my parents are settled in Mumbai. During one of my visit to My parents from Sainik School, I had the privilege to attend the Krishna Janmashtami Celebration at my home.

My mother would wake up early morning and after a bath and puja, she would start preparations of prasad and she would make about 101 items of dishes. I am sure the Lord used to give her the strength to work the whole day without any assistance and also on empty stomach, as she does not drink even a drop of water for the whole day.

At about 11.00 PM in the night because I could not contain my hunger, my dad after a bath would perform the puja and place the 101 dishes before the Lord as Naivedya and only after that would my mom take coconut water and break her fast. That is how it used to be done at my house. Nowadays, the number of dishes have gone down because of her advancing age otherwise everything is still the same.

Hope this info is of use to some of you,

May the Lord shower his blessings on all of you

Hari Om

Shankaran Unni--- On Wed, 12/8/09, mprnair <nairradhakrishnan wrote:

mprnair <nairradhakrishnanRE: [Guruvayur] KRISHNA JANMASHTAMIguruvayur Date: Wednesday, 12 August, 2009, 10:39 PM

Gurvayoorappa,

Dear Devotee of the Lord,

I think the link below will enlighten more on Krishnashtami, which varies in customs

from place to place.

http://www.hindudevotionalblog.com/2009/08/krishna-janmashtami-2009-ashtami-rohini.html

Padaravindame Saranam, Guruvayoorappa Saranam,

mpr

Thank you,

Have a great day,

mprnair,

nairradhakrishnan.

http://mprnair.blogspot.com/

# 281 573 8087 / Cell- 281 948 7339.

guruvayur [ guruvayur ] On Behalf Of navni sTuesday, August 11, 2009 7:56 PMGURUVAYUR (AT) (DOT) COMSubject: [Guruvayur] KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI

Dear All,Can you please tell me when the Krishna Janmashtami is being celebrated in Kerala and what are the special function in Guruvayur? I see the calendar says it says August 13th 2009, is there a fast that has to be taken in a speciific way?And how to celebrate the day?I would really appreciate all your

help.

Regards

Navnitha Sanjay

recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.