IndiaDivine.org

A short incident, but very meaningful

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All.,Hari Om.One day few kids approached Swami Chinmayananda and said, " Swamiji,

what is difference between Krishna and us? He used to

be naughty, we are also naughty. He is cute, so are

we. Then, why is He the Lord and we are not? "

Swamiji smiled and replied, " Well, Krishna was in

present all the time. When He was in gokul, He gave

his 100% to Nanda, Yasoda, Gopis and his friends. He

did not worry about Devaki and Vasudeva who were in

prison. When He went to Mathura, He gave his 100% to

them. So you see, when you give 100% to where you are and

what you do, You are the Lord. "

Let us pray on this auspicious day that we can follow His Teachingsand live in the present all the time.With Love & Pranams,Lakshmy

Om Namo Narayanaya

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and meaningful words of Swamy Chinmayananda. We all are chldren (irrespective of age differences) and If we all remain truthful not only to "self" but also to "others", and "live" in this "present" (which is a gift from HIM) world, not worrying about the "past" or "future", then the "Supreme" God will be behind us to protect. Let us surrender 100% to HIM and do our Duty (Dharma).

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

Lakshmy Prakash <lakshmygprakashguruvayur Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:51:18 AM[Guruvayur] A short incident, but very meaningful

Dear All.,Hari Om.One day few kids approached Swami Chinmayananda and said,"Swamiji, what is difference between Krishna and us? He used to be naughty, we are also naughty. He is cute, so are we. Then, why is He the Lord and we are not?" Swamiji smiled and replied," Well, Krishna was in present all the time. When He was in gokul, He gave his 100% to Nanda, Yasoda, Gopis and his friends. He did not worry about Devaki and Vasudeva who were in prison. When He went to Mathura, He gave his 100% to them. So you see, when you give 100% to where you are and what you do, You are the Lord." Let us pray on this auspicious day that we can follow His Teachingsand live in the present all the time.With Love & Pranams,Lakshmy

HARI AUM Let me too make anattempt to learn the WORDS of Swami Chinmayananda through the passage quoted byLakshmy Prakashji and the comments of ChandraMenonji. ChandraMenonji in some other context, had given me the liberty to"correct him if wrong", myself being senior to him by age. Of course, I know being born early makes memore of a "VAYO VRIDHA" and not any wiser than some one like ChandraMenonji. However, taking due advantage of his benevolentoffer let me reframe his comment as follows: If we allremain "truthful to ourselves" and "live in thepresent", we sure are one with Him. If one is truthful to oneself then one is 100% truthful to all others as well. One can live in the present only if one surrenders 100% to Him. Let me clarify myobservations; the second point first: It is the GREED, FEAR, and ANXIETY that make us worry about the PAST andthe FUTURE. The only way perhaps toovercome these ever-lingering feelings is to "Do our duty, surrendering 100% toHIM". And now the firstpoint: One may succeed in pretending tobe truthful to others many a time. Butthere is one person who knows you inside out and you can never fool him and thatis you yourself. And when one completelyovercomes the habit of "self deceiving" and becomes 100% truthful to one self,then he becomes one with the Ultimate Truth. I believe this maybe the reason why Srinarayana Guru propagated the idea of worshiping theMIRROR. Initially one may not find animage worth worshiping in the mirror – as he knows that person insideout!. But slowly, slowly that imagewill become more and more worth worshiping – at least Guruji hoped so. Regards to all,NB Nair.PS. A humble request to all fellow devotees: Pl "Correct me too ifwrong" – nbn. guruvayur , Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya> Thanks for sharing this wonderful and meaningful words of Swamy Chinmayananda. We all are chldren (irrespective of age differences) and If we all remain truthful not only to "self" but also to "others", and "live" in this "present" (which is a gift from HIM) world, not worrying about the "past" or "future", then the "Supreme" God will be behind us to protect. Let us surrender 100% to HIM and do our Duty (Dharma).> Om Namo Narayanaya> Chandrasekharan> > > > > ________________________________> Lakshmy Prakash lakshmygprakash guruvayur > Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:51:18 AM> [Guruvayur] A short incident, but very meaningful> > > Dear All.,> > Hari Om.> > One day few kids approached Swami Chinmayananda and said,"Swamiji, > what is difference between Krishna and us? He used to > be naughty, we are also naughty. He is cute, so are > we. Then, why is He the Lord and we are not?" > > Swamiji smiled and replied," Well, Krishna was in > present all the time. When He was in gokul, He gave > his 100% to Nanda, Yasoda, Gopis and his friends. He > did not worry about Devaki and Vasudeva who were in > prison. When He went to Mathura, He gave his 100% to > them. So you see, when you give 100% to where you are and > what you do, You are the Lord." > > Let us pray on this auspicious day that we can follow His Teachings> and live in the present all the time.> > With Love & Pranams,> Lakshmy>

Om narayana...om narayan...om narayana..

Thanks for sharing a good lesson.

Hare krishan.......

With Best Regards,

Sharmila Arun--- On Mon, 17/8/09, NB Nair <nbnair2000 wrote:

NB Nair <nbnair2000[Guruvayur] Re: A short incident, but very meaningfulguruvayur Date: Monday, 17 August, 2009, 8:09 AM

HARI AUM

Let me too make anattempt to learn the WORDS of Swami Chinmayananda through the passage quoted byLakshmy Prakashji and the comments of ChandraMenonji. ChandraMenonji in some other context, had given me the liberty to"correct him if wrong", myself being senior to him by age. Of course, I know being born early makes memore of a "VAYO VRIDHA" and not any wiser than some one like ChandraMenonji. However, taking due advantage of his benevolentoffer let me reframe his comment as follows:

If we allremain "truthful to ourselves" and "live in thepresent", we sure are one with Him.

If one is truthful to oneself then one is 100% truthful to all others as well.

One can live in the present only if one surrenders 100% to Him.

Let me clarify myobservations; the second point first: It is the GREED, FEAR, and ANXIETY that make us worry about the PAST andthe FUTURE. The only way perhaps toovercome these ever-lingering feelings is to "Do our duty, surrendering 100% toHIM".

And now the firstpoint: One may succeed in pretending tobe truthful to others many a time. Butthere is one person who knows you inside out and you can never fool him and thatis you yourself. And when one completelyovercomes the habit of "self deceiving" and becomes 100% truthful to one self,then he becomes one with the Ultimate Truth.

I believe this maybe the reason why Srinarayana Guru propagated the idea of worshiping theMIRROR. Initially one may not find animage worth worshiping in the mirror – as he knows that person insideout!. But slowly, slowly that imagewill become more and more worth worshiping – at least Guruji hoped so.

Regards to all,

NB Nair.PS. A humble request to all fellow devotees: Pl "Correct me too ifwrong" – nbn. guruvayur@grou ps.com, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ ...> wrote:>> Om Namo Narayanaya> Thanks for sharing this wonderful and meaningful words of Swamy Chinmayananda. We all are chldren (irrespective of age differences) and If we all remain truthful not only to "self" but also to "others", and "live" in this "present" (which is a gift from HIM) world, not worrying about the "past" or "future", then the "Supreme" God will be behind us to protect. Let us surrender 100% to HIM and do our Duty (Dharma)..> Om Namo Narayanaya> Chandrasekharan> > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __> Lakshmy Prakash lakshmygprakash@ ...> guruvayur@grou ps.com> Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:51:18 AM> [Guruvayur] A short incident, but very meaningful> > > Dear All.,> > Hari Om.> > One day few kids approached Swami Chinmayananda and said,"Swamiji, > what is difference between Krishna and us? He used to > be naughty, we are also naughty. He is cute, so are > we. Then, why is He the Lord and we are not?" > > Swamiji smiled and replied," Well, Krishna was in > present all the time. When He was in gokul, He gave > his 100% to Nanda, Yasoda, Gopis and his friends. He > did not worry about Devaki and Vasudeva who were in > prison. When He went to Mathura, He gave his 100% to > them. So you see, when you give 100% to where you

are and > what you do, You are the Lord." > > Let us pray on this auspicious day that we can follow His Teachings> and live in the present all the time.> > With Love & Pranams,> Lakshmy>

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Dear Lakshmiji,

This small story is so wonderful. So much to learn from this. Thank you so much for sharing this wisdom through Lord's story.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Lakshmy Prakash <lakshmygprakash wrote:

Dear All.,Hari Om.One day few kids approached Swami Chinmayananda and said, " Swamiji, what is difference between Krishna and us? He used to be naughty, we are also naughty. He is cute, so are

we. Then, why is He the Lord and we are not? " Swamiji smiled and replied, " Well, Krishna was in present all the time. When He was in gokul, He gave his 100% to Nanda, Yasoda, Gopis and his friends. He

did not worry about Devaki and Vasudeva who were in prison. When He went to Mathura, He gave his 100% to them. So you see, when you give 100% to where you are and what you do, You are the Lord. " Let us pray on this auspicious day that we can follow His Teachings

and live in the present all the time.With Love & Pranams,Lakshmy