IndiaDivine.org

Mangal Aaratee...Happy Janmashtami!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Offered at His lotus feet in the hopes that He will forgive its imperfections and accept it...

Mangal Aaratee Priyaa Preetam kee, Mangal Preeti Reeti Doun keeBlessed prayer of lover and Beloved, Blessed is the ritual of their union

Mangal Kaanti Hansani Dasanan kee, Mangal murlee Beena Dhun keeBlessed is the light of His swanlike splendour, Blessed is the sweet rhythm of His flute

Mangal Banik Tribhangee Hari kee, Mangal Sevaa Sab Sahachar keeBlessed Hari, omnipresent knower of three worlds, Blessed friend of all devotees

Mangal Sir Chandrikaa Mukut kee, Mangal Chabi Nainan mein At keeBlessed is His crown made of Peacock’s feather, Blessed is His glance enslaving my eyes

Mangal Chataa Phabee ang ang kee, Mangal Gaur Syaam Ras Rang keeBlessed beauty of ornaments on Shyam’s body, Blessed are Krishna’s activities

Mangal Ali kati peyare pat kee, Mangal Chitvan Naagar nat keeBlessed love of Sweetheart Govinda , Blessed allure of that magical KrishnaMangal Shobhaa kamal Nain kee, Mangal Maadhuri Mridul Bain keeBlessed is the beauty of His lotus eyes, Blessed the soft and sweet voice of His Flute

Mangal Vrinidaavan Mag At kee, Mangal Kreedan Jamunaa Tat keeBlessed husband of Vrindavan’s gopis, Blessed is His play on the river banks of Jamuna

Mangal Charan Arun Taruvan kee, Mangal Karani Bhagati hari Jan keeBlessed are His Feet under the Arun tree of the forest , Blessed Lord, remover of obstacles

Mangal Jugal Priyaa Bhavaan kee, Mangal Shree Raadha Jeevan keeBlessed pair of beautiful charming lovers, Blessed Hari, who is the life of Radha

To listen to this Aaratee

To read more about Aarati and the story behind this tranlsation go to

mangal-aaratee

Offered with gratitude at the Lotus Feet of my Guru, Shri Krishna, and my Lord, Shri Krishna,for His Grace in allowing me to love Him, to serve Him and to be His devotee,and for gifting me with Swami Siddhanandaji in my life, in so many ways,and in particular, for singing this beautiful work of art for me to learn,for Shravanji Manyan and for Pushpaji Gairola,both of whom generously offered their time and talent inreviewing the lyrics and translating them for me,and for the unknown poet who wrote this Aaratee through His Grace.It is said that the Vedas have no author sincethey derive from Divinity itself…so too with this Aaratee.

In His Service,

Radhe