IndiaDivine.org

Achieving Our Goals In Japa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your chanting has been well and you have been able to concentrate on the sound of the Holy names. Today I was thinking how I was when I didn't take chanting so seriously like I am doing now....so I realised how poor minded I was -my thoughts were all about myself and how my life could give me in a very materialist way....besides being a devotee, I didn't feel so attached to devotees association like I do now. By analysing that I can see that I really need japa and it's very important to me.

Why not make japa our priority goal and make plans to achieve pure love of God in this life - even though our minds will tell us so many lies, saying it's not easy and it's for the ones who can really dedicate the whole life to a temple .Who knows what Krsna has in mind for us and what can happen if we make efforts to have more dedicated japa and improve our whole spiritual life just by this decision.

Now let me tell you about the difference of being more interested in chanting better. I became happier and more willing to taste the nectar of spiritual life in association of serious devotees and my spiritual master - now I feel faith coming and the determination I need to go on follows me everytime I wake up early to chan....even though I had a late night or was tired, my japa is essential and will always be.

Krsna is more interested in having us with Him than we believe....He is waiting for something to reciprocate with and as much as we show determination He showers mercy in many different ways.I can't go out of home without making my prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva and my Deities....at night I always offer Him incense and thank Him for the amazing day He has given. I am very lucky because I have these holy names....association of nice devotees and the powerful influence of Srila Prabhupada's books and the instructions of my spiritual master. How could all this be possible for a person that has been so concerned about material things and cold to devotional life - it's due to japa and chanting in association of serious devotees. This made the person I am now and if I keep making efforts I will get more benefit and maybe in this life taste the nectar of pure chanting....it's there for everyone who really wants, eagerness to have it can bring it to us. It also means we will be able to apply any technique and guideline to achieve our goal. So let's go for it and have a peaceful and better spiritual life just by making japa our daily priority. Let me share with you part of the lecture from my gurudev about this topic.

This is a very important factor: desire. Once, Srila Prabhupada said,  " Krsna consciousness is the art of desiring. "  Of course, the desire for loving service to Krsna is already there, naturally, within the heart:

nitya-siddha krsna-prema 'sadhya' kabhu nayasravanadi-suddha-citte karaye udaya " Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of the living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally awakens. "

CC Madhya 22.107If we just have that desire, and chant and hear in the association of pure devotees, Krsna and Prabhupada will fulfill our desire.The Art of DesiringAn Appreciation of Srila Prabhupada

by Giriraj SwamiSrila Prabhupada's Vyasa-pujaAugust 14, 2009Los AngelesMay our Lord bless us with proper understanding to achieve our goals in japa and be able to overcome the obstacles of the mind.

your servant,Aruna devi-- Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life.  There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the world.

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hi nice to read ur msg abt japa but how can one concentrate while doing japa as many things intervene while doing so.its so difficult to concentrate and do japa .whats the point in simply receiting god's name when ur thoughts are away elsewhere. pls tell us how to go abt with it..

vidya

manikantan <manikantankkanaiyyadesh <kanaiyyadesh (AT) googl (DOT) com>; koottala; Moderator ; kanaiyyade333; jayshreekrishna ; guruvayur Moderator <guruvayur >; Govindadwipa Moderator <Govindadwipa >; prerna231 Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:20:48 AM[Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japa

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your chanting has been well and you have been able to concentrate on the sound of the Holy names. Today I was thinking how I was when I didn't take chanting so seriously like I am doing now....so I realised how poor minded I was -my thoughts were all about myself and how my life could give me in a very materialist way....besides being a devotee, I didn't feel so attached to devotees association like I do now. By analysing that I can see that I really need japa and it's very important to me.Why not make japa our priority goal and make plans to achieve pure love of God in this life - even though our minds will tell us so many lies, saying it's not easy and it's for the ones who can really dedicate the whole life to a temple .Who knows what Krsna has in mind for us and what can happen if we make efforts to have more dedicated japa and improve our whole spiritual life just by this decision.Now let me tell

you about the difference of being more interested in chanting better. I became happier and more willing to taste the nectar of spiritual life in association of serious devotees and my spiritual master - now I feel faith coming and the determination I need to go on follows me everytime I wake up early to chan....even though I had a late night or was tired, my japa is essential and will always be.Krsna is more interested in having us with Him than we believe....He is waiting for something to reciprocate with and as much as we show determination He showers mercy in many different ways.I can't go out of home without making my prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva and my Deities....at night I always offer Him incense and thank Him for the amazing day He has given. I am very lucky because I have these holy names....associatio n of nice devotees and the powerful influence of Srila Prabhupada's books and the instructions of my spiritual master. How could all this

be possible for a person that has been so concerned about material things and cold to devotional life - it's due to japa and chanting in association of serious devotees. This made the person I am now and if I keep making efforts I will get more benefit and maybe in this life taste the nectar of pure chanting.... it's there for everyone who really wants, eagerness to have it can bring it to us. It also means we will be able to apply any technique and guideline to achieve our goal. So let's go for it and have a peaceful and better spiritual life just by making japa our daily priority. Let me share with you part of the lecture from my gurudev about this topic.

This is a very important factor: desire. Once, Srila Prabhupada said, "Krsna consciousness is the art of desiring." Of course, the desire for loving service to Krsna is already there, naturally, within the heart:nitya-siddha krsna-prema 'sadhya' kabhu nayasravanadi-suddha- citte karaye udaya

"Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of the living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally awakens."

CC Madhya 22.107

If we just have that desire, and chant and hear in the association of pure devotees, Krsna and Prabhupada will fulfill our desire.The Art of DesiringAn Appreciation of Srila Prabhupadaby Giriraj SwamiSrila Prabhupada's Vyasa-pujaAugust 14, 2009Los Angeles

May our Lord bless us with proper understanding to achieve our goals in japa and be able to overcome the obstacles of the mind.your servant,Aruna devi-- Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life. There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the

world.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Dear member,

To begin with do Japa by keeping the eyes open directing the eyes on an object preferably the idol/picture of the favourite God or using the traditional lamp.The eyes have marvellous ability to take along with it all other senses including the mind and this way distractions can be minimised if not eliminated.Over a period with experinece it should be possible to get concentration even with closed eyes.When eyes are closed we should not try to concentrate on any image as this will also distarct;instead go along with the Japa and with time concewntration can be achieved.

wishing success

saseedharan --- On Mon, 24/8/09, Vidya S <vidya.pavithra wrote:

Vidya S <vidya.pavithraRe: [Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japaguruvayur Date: Monday, 24 August, 2009, 10:51 AM

Hi nice to read ur msg abt japa but how can one concentrate while doing japa as many things intervene while doing so.its so difficult to concentrate and do japa .whats the point in simply receiting god's name when ur thoughts are away elsewhere. pls tell us how to go abt with it..

vidya

manikantan <manikantank@ gmail.com>kanaiyyadesh <kanaiyyadesh@ googl. com>; koottala (AT) koottala (DOT) multiply. com; Moderator <>; kanaiyyade333@ iskcononline. ning.com; jayshreekrishna; guruvayur Moderator <guruvayur@grou ps.com>; Govindadwipa Moderator <Govindadwipa>; prerna231@grou ps.comSunday, August 23, 2009 9:20:48 AM[Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japa

Hare Krsna my dear devotees. I hope your chanting has been well and you have been able to concentrate on the sound of the Holy names. Today I was thinking how I was when I didn't take chanting so seriously like I am doing now....so I realised how poor minded I was -my thoughts were all about myself and how my life could give me in a very materialist way....besides being a devotee, I didn't feel so attached to devotees association like I do now. By analysing that I can see that I really need japa and it's very important to me.Why not make japa our priority goal and make plans to achieve pure love of God in this life - even though our minds will tell us so many lies, saying it's not easy and it's for the ones who can really dedicate the whole life to a temple .Who knows what Krsna has in mind for us and what can happen if we make efforts to have more dedicated japa and improve our whole spiritual life just by this decision.Now let me tell

you about the difference of being more interested in chanting better. I became happier and more willing to taste the nectar of spiritual life in association of serious devotees and my spiritual master - now I feel faith coming and the determination I need to go on follows me everytime I wake up early to chan....even though I had a late night or was tired, my japa is essential and will always be.Krsna is more interested in having us with Him than we believe....He is waiting for something to reciprocate with and as much as we show determination He showers mercy in many different ways.I can't go out of home without making my prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva and my Deities....at night I always offer Him incense and thank Him for the amazing day He has given. I am very lucky because I have these holy names....associatio n of nice devotees and the powerful influence of Srila Prabhupada's books and the instructions of my spiritual master. How could all this

be possible for a person that has been so concerned about material things and cold to devotional life - it's due to japa and chanting in association of serious devotees. This made the person I am now and if I keep making efforts I will get more benefit and maybe in this life taste the nectar of pure chanting.... it's there for everyone who really wants, eagerness to have it can bring it to us. It also means we will be able to apply any technique and guideline to achieve our goal. So let's go for it and have a peaceful and better spiritual life just by making japa our daily priority. Let me share with you part of the lecture from my gurudev about this topic.

This is a very important factor: desire. Once, Srila Prabhupada said, "Krsna consciousness is the art of desiring." Of course, the desire for loving service to Krsna is already there, naturally, within the heart:nitya-siddha krsna-prema 'sadhya' kabhu nayasravanadi-suddha- citte karaye udaya "Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of the living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally awakens."

CC Madhya 22.107

If we just have that desire, and chant and hear in the association of pure devotees, Krsna and Prabhupada will fulfill our desire.The Art of DesiringAn Appreciation of Srila Prabhupadaby Giriraj SwamiSrila Prabhupada's Vyasa-pujaAugust 14, 2009Los Angeles

May our Lord bless us with proper understanding to achieve our goals in japa and be able to overcome the obstacles of the mind.your servant,Aruna devi-- Take advantage of this rare opportunity of this human form of life. There are 8,400,000 different species of life through which we are rotating lifetime after lifetime. So getting a human body is not an every day affair. This most auspicious opportunity only comes after many millions of lifetimes in the lower species. Anyone who does not utilize their human life for self-realization is making the greatest mistake. When this happens it is the greatest tragedy, and unfortunately today this neglect of the human form has become the standard behavior for the entire human society. What can be done? We must first ourselves become solidly situated in Krishna consciousness and then do the highest welfare activity of spreading to everyone else all over the

world.Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Thank you Sir, for your valuable information. I have started doing japa and hope i can concentrate and do it well.

vidya

Saseedharan <saseedharan_vkguruvayur Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:45:07 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japa

Dear member,

To begin with do Japa by keeping the eyes open directing the eyes on an object preferably the idol/picture of the favourite God or using the traditional lamp.The eyes have marvellous ability to take along with it all other senses including the mind and this way distractions can be minimised if not eliminated.Over a period with experinece it should be possible to get concentration even with closed eyes.When eyes are closed we should not try to concentrate on any image as this will also distarct;instead go along with the Japa and with time concewntration can be achieved.

wishing success

saseedharan --- On Mon, 24/8/09, Vidya S <vidya.pavithra@ ymail.com> wrote:

Vidya S <vidya.pavithra@ ymail.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japaguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, 24 August, 2009, 10:51 AM

vidya

manikantan <manikantank@ gmail.com>kanaiyyadesh <kanaiyyadesh@ googl. com>; koottala (AT) koottala (DOT) . multiply. com; Moderator <@ .. com>; kanaiyyade333@ iskcononline. ning.com; jayshreekrishna; guruvayur Moderator <guruvayur@grou ps.com>; Govindadwipa Moderator <Govindadwipa>; prerna231@grou ps.comSunday, August 23, 2009 9:20:48 AM[Guruvayur] Achieving Our Goals In Japa

This is a very important factor: desire. Once, Srila Prabhupada said, "Krsna consciousness is the art of desiring." Of course, the desire for loving service to Krsna is already there, naturally, within the heart:nitya-siddha krsna-prema 'sadhya' kabhu nayasravanadi-suddha- citte karaye udaya "Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of the living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally awakens."

CC Madhya 22.107