IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Njanappaana 61 Samasthaaparaadham kshamaswa - Navaneetham of bhakthi & njanan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wonderful way to start a day by reading the last part of Njananppaana!. Hari OM!I am glad to see that a great work has been concluded today at the lotus feet of Vamana moorthy. Although I haven't read all postings, I am sure, the 'navaneetham' of bhakthi and jnana pervades every posting.May I request Savithri ji to make the whole work available to us as a book in PDF? Also, Sunil ji, shall we publish it in Navaneetham in few parts? This kind of works require more exposure so that even an occassional reader will be benefited. 'mathi' yundenkil ithu mathi " is the conviction of the great poet. How true!Hantha bhagyam janaanaam...Hari OM salutations to all!Onam greetings!Sukumar--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Savitri Puram

<savitriopuram wrote:Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Njanappaana 61 Samasthaaparaadham kshamaswaReceived: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

Dear all,

Today is Thiruvonam and on this auspicious day of Vamanaavathaaram, I humbly offer the last part of the Njanappana explanation at Bhagavaan's Lotus feet. Let Bhagavaan's blessings transform my humble attempt of sharing what I understood with my extremely limited knowledge and capability, into a Naivedyam! Let His endless mercy or Apaara kaarunyam accept the Naivedyam and let the prasaadam or Lord's grace fill the hearts of all devotees.

Anantha koti Namskaaram at the feet of Bhakthakavi Shri Poonthaanam Nambudiri! May his divine soul forgive me for all my mistakes and may his blessings inspire all of us to chant Bhagavaan's naamam!

Happy Onam to all ! Let Vaamana avathaaram remove all our "darpam" or pride and purify our hearts!

Njanappaana 61

Mathiyundenkilokke mathiyithu Thiru naamathin maahathmayamaamithu

Pizhayaakilum Pizhakedennakilum Thiruvullamarulka bhagavaane !

Njanappana (ithu) which explains the greatness of Naamam is enough if one has desire (for Brahma saayujyam) or one has the intelligence to understand. Hae! Bhagvaan! let this, which may or may not have errors, be blessed from the bottom of your heart!

Why did Poonthaanam give the name Njananappaana to this collection of verses? How butter is all-pervasively hidden in the milk, like wise, knowledge or thathva njaanam is dissolved in Njananppaana. "Paana" here means song. So that song which contains Njaanam or knowledge is named Njanappaana. Even though Poonthaanam used simple everyday Malayalam language, this collection of verses expresses the great essence of Vedaantha.

In the second line he says that this Njanappaana mainly talks about the greatness of Thirunaamam or Divine Names and those who desire mukthi can benefit from this poem. When one understands the greatness of Naamam and starts daily Naamasankeerthanam, his path to mukthi or salvation will have no obstacles. (The first "mathi" means either desire or buddhi (intelligence) . Second "mathi" in "mathi ithu" means enough. Here "ithu" means "this Njanappaana". Learning this Njanappana is enough to attain moksham for those who are intelligent or for those who desire moksham).

Finally Ponnthaanam offers the whole collection called Njanappaana at Bhagavaan's feet and requests to bless it irrespective of it's quality. He begs Bhgavaan to accept it as it is.

It is interesting to note that poet finished Njanappaana by adrressing "Bhgavaane!" He concluded the poetry with the best word Bhagavaan as the last word. Who is Bhagavaan? Bhgavaan is one who has all six Bhagaas or divine attributes or opulances namely all strength or power, all fame, all wealth, all knowledge, all beauty, and all asceticism or vairagyam. (Aiswaryasya samagrasya viryasya yashasa: sriya: jnaaa vairaagya yoshchaiva shannaam bhaga itheethaam -Vishnu .Puranam).

Poonthaanam recommends Bhakthi margam through naamasankeerthanam for ordinary people like us. Vyaasa Bhgavaan found Shaanthi or peace of mind only after writing Srimad Bhagavatham which contains stories of intense devotion. Before writing Bhagavatham he had written 17 puraanaas, Brahmashuthram and Mahabhaaratham. Only when he praised Bhgavaan with Bhakthi he could experience the peaceful, continuous bliss of Bhagavaan's presence in his mind. Shankaraacharyar also advised us "bhaja Govindam". With all the scriptural support, in simple Malayalam language, Poonthaanam inspires us to chant naamam and attain moksham.

Let us chant Bhgavaan's divine names along with the great poet and devotee Shri Poonthaanam and millions of other devotees around the world:

Krishna! Krishna! Mukunda! Janaardana!

Krishna! Govinda! Naaraayana

Achyuthaananda! Govinda! Maadhava!

Sachidaananda! Naaraayana! Hare!

Samasthaaparaadham kshamaswa

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

Dear Sukumarji,

Since I am almost computer illiterate, I will request my husband to put them in PDf file and send to the group.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Sukumar <sukumarcanada wrote:

Wonderful way to start a day by reading the last part of Njananppaana!.  Hari OM!

I am glad to see that a great work has been concluded today at the lotus feet of Vamana moorthy. Although I haven't read all postings, I am sure, the 'navaneetham' of bhakthi and jnana pervades every posting.

May I request Savithri ji to make the whole work available to us as a book in PDF? Also, Sunil ji, shall we publish it in Navaneetham in few parts? This kind of works require more exposure so that even an occassional reader will be benefited. 'mathi' yundenkil ithu mathi " is the conviction of the great poet. How true!

Hantha bhagyam janaanaam...

Hari OM salutations to all!

Onam greetings!

Sukumar

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuram[Guruvayur] Namasthe- Njanappaana 61 Samasthaaparaadham kshamaswa

Received: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

Dear all,

Today is Thiruvonam and on this auspicious day of Vamanaavathaaram, I humbly offer the last part of the Njanappana explanation at Bhagavaan's Lotus feet. Let Bhagavaan's blessings transform my humble attempt of sharing what I understood with my extremely limited knowledge and capability, into a Naivedyam! Let His endless mercy or Apaara kaarunyam accept the Naivedyam and let the prasaadam or Lord's grace fill the hearts of all devotees. 

Anantha koti Namskaaram at the feet of Bhakthakavi Shri Poonthaanam Nambudiri! May his divine soul forgive me for all my mistakes and may his blessings inspire all of us to chant Bhagavaan's naamam!

Happy Onam to all ! Let Vaamana avathaaram remove all our " darpam " or pride and purify our hearts! 

Njanappaana 61

Mathiyundenkilokke mathiyithu Thiru naamathin maahathmayamaamithu

Pizhayaakilum Pizhakedennakilum Thiruvullamarulka bhagavaane !

Njanappana (ithu) which explains the greatness of Naamam is enough if one has desire (for Brahma saayujyam) or one has the intelligence to understand. Hae! Bhagvaan! let this, which may or may not have errors, be blessed from the bottom of your heart! 

Why did Poonthaanam give the name Njananappaana to this collection of verses? How butter is all-pervasively hidden in the milk, like wise, knowledge or thathva njaanam is dissolved in Njananppaana. " Paana " here means song. So that song which contains Njaanam or knowledge is named Njanappaana. Even though Poonthaanam used simple everyday Malayalam language, this collection of verses expresses the great essence of Vedaantha.

In the second line he says that this Njanappaana mainly talks about the greatness of Thirunaamam or Divine Names and those who desire mukthi can benefit from this poem. When one understands the greatness of Naamam and starts daily Naamasankeerthanam, his path to mukthi or salvation will have no obstacles. (The first " mathi " means either desire or buddhi (intelligence) . Second " mathi " in " mathi ithu " means enough. Here " ithu " means " this Njanappaana " . Learning this Njanappana is enough to attain moksham for those who are intelligent or for those who desire moksham).

Finally Ponnthaanam offers the whole collection called Njanappaana at Bhagavaan's feet and requests to bless it irrespective of it's quality. He begs Bhgavaan to accept it as it is.

It is interesting to note that poet finished Njanappaana by adrressing " Bhgavaane! "  He concluded the poetry with the best word Bhagavaan as the last word. Who is Bhagavaan? Bhgavaan is one who has all six Bhagaas or divine attributes or opulances namely all strength or power, all fame, all wealth, all knowledge, all beauty, and all asceticism or vairagyam. (Aiswaryasya samagrasya viryasya yashasa: sriya: jnaaa vairaagya yoshchaiva shannaam bhaga itheethaam -Vishnu .Puranam).

Poonthaanam recommends Bhakthi margam through naamasankeerthanam for ordinary people like us. Vyaasa Bhgavaan found Shaanthi or peace of mind only after writing Srimad Bhagavatham which contains stories of intense devotion. Before writing Bhagavatham he had written 17 puraanaas, Brahmashuthram and Mahabhaaratham. Only when he praised Bhgavaan with Bhakthi he could experience the peaceful, continuous bliss of Bhagavaan's presence in his mind. Shankaraacharyar also advised us " bhaja Govindam " . With all the scriptural support, in simple Malayalam language, Poonthaanam inspires us to chant naamam and attain moksham.

Let us chant Bhgavaan's divine names along with the great poet and devotee Shri Poonthaanam and millions of other devotees around the world:

Krishna! Krishna! Mukunda! Janaardana!

Krishna! Govinda! Naaraayana

Achyuthaananda! Govinda! Maadhava!

Sachidaananda! Naaraayana! Hare!

Samasthaaparaadham kshamaswa

Sreekrishnaarpanama sthu!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!