IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- Food for thought

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Once a lady with a slightly diabetic child went to see Sree Ramakrishna Paramahamsar. Lady told him that his little boy was not listening to her when she told him to abstain from all sweets and sugar. She requested Paramahamsar to advise him and bless him to have a good attitude.

Paramahamsar thought for a while and asked the woman to come back the next day. So she went back and came the next morning with his little son. Then Paramahamsar took some time to explain to him and told him to abstain from all sweets and sugar completely for a few days and then consume only in moderation. Boy agreed and then the mother asked Guru: " Guruji, why did not you advise him yesterday itself? "  Why did you ask us to come back again today? "

Guruji said: " Till yesterday I was eating sweets and sugar. First I have to stop it for a few days (and then eat in moderation) before I advise him. Other wise there is no value for my advice. I should practice first before I preach. So I stopped eating sugar from yesterday. That is why I wanted to you to come today so that I can advise him with a pure and confident mind " .

Mahaathmaas are those people whose thoughts, words and actions convey the same message.

Regards and prayers

Savitri