IndiaDivine.org

Namasthe- A story from upanishad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear all,

Two men, Shaunaka and Abhiprathari were doing severe penance to please Vaayu Bhgavaan or God of wind to get boons which would make them all-powerful and wealthy. While they were doing penance, they heard a voice from outside: " I am a young sanyasi (he was a young boy who had renounced world and worldly attachments) and I humbly request for some alms. "

They had made enough food for both of them and had offered that to Vaayu Bhgavaan and was about to eat their lunch. The were irritated by this request from an outsider and expressed it in their words. The young sanyasi told them that it was inappropriate to deny food to a sanyasi during lunch time. So called greedy munis or sages got angry and yelled at the boy sanyasi: " " you do not have to teach us what is right and wrong. We have offered this food to our Ishtadevatha, (God of our choice) and then we are going to eat that. This can be shared only with devotees and not like people like you. " Their words were rude and unkind.

Then the boy sanyasi asked who was the God of their choice. They said that they were praying all-powerful Vaayu Bhagavaan.

Then the boy sanyasi told them: " Hae! respected sages, this Vaayu Bhagavaan dwells in all living beings as praana vaayu and He dwells in me as well as you giving us life. So if you deny food to me, you are actually denying food to the same God your are worshipping. It is strange that you made this naivedyam for Vaayu Bhagavaan and now hesitating to offer it to Him! you may be doing lot of penance for your personal gain, but you are forgetting the basic concept of God's omnipresence and omnipotence. Respecting the Bhgavath Chaithanyam in others is the first step towards any spiritual achievement. With out that, your attempt to please God is like the bath of an elephant. (Elephant plays in the water and after coming out clean from the water, immediately it showers dirty mud all over his body.) Purification of the mind after reciting manthras and prayers becomes futile with negative attitudes, thoughts and actions. "

My Bhgavaan bless us to a Him in everything we see and feel around us!

Regards and prayers

Savitri