IndiaDivine.org

Jneyam - Namam2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste!The story of Ajamila and the last word of Sage Veda Vyasa in Srimad Bhagavatam extol the glory of chanting naamam or the Lord's name.  Let us look at the chanting process carefully. 

The chanting process or naama japam is surprisingly simple.  It is clearly stated that chanting the naamam does not impose any condition on the devotee or the actual chanting.   There are restrictions on reciting certain mantras, or going to certain temples or performing pujas in temples.  But chanting can be done any time of the day or night.  Cleanliness is very important for pujas, going to temples and chanting mantras.  The knowledgeable ones  say that it can be chanted whether one is clean or not. 

sucir vaa asucirvaasarva avasthaasu sarvada

Thus you need not wait to brush your teeth or bathe to chant a naamam.  Do it now.

One can chant any name of choice to glorify the Lord.  When we chant we use our tongue and ear and probably mind also in an attempt to focus upon the Lord.  Naama japam is considered to be ideally suited for the kaliyuga that we are living in.

Another way of performing naama japam is by writing the naamam.  This can probably easily done using a table of rows and columns.  By writing same number of columns and rows in every page one can easily keep tab of the count.    This method is commonly called likhita (written) japam and definitely requires the use of eyes, hand and mind.  It is likely that many would probably use tongue to chant and use our ears to hear the naamam while writing.  Thus we can use our mind and four organs to perform likhita japam.  This would make us focus more on the Lord and therefore more desirable.

Starting today I intend to write at least 12 naamam every day and I urge you to keep me company.  With Lord's blessings I am sure you will.

Hari Om!Chith Puram

ഓം നമോ നാരായണായ:

Pranamam Respected Chith Puramji,

Thank you so much for your explanation about the importance of Namajapam.

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpa[Guruvayur] Jneyam - Namam2guruvayur Date: Wednesday, 23 September, 2009, 5:48 PM

Namaste!The story of Ajamila and the last word of Sage Veda Vyasa in Srimad Bhagavatam extol the glory of chanting naamam or the Lord's name. Let us look at the chanting process carefully. The chanting process or naama japam is surprisingly simple. It is clearly stated that chanting the naamam does not impose any condition on the devotee or the actual chanting. There are restrictions on reciting certain mantras, or going to certain temples or performing pujas in temples. But chanting can be done any time of the day or night. Cleanliness is very important for pujas, going to temples and chanting

mantras. The knowledgeable ones say that it can be chanted whether one is clean or not.

sucir vaa asucirvaasarva avasthaasu sarvadaThus you need not wait to brush your teeth or bathe to chant a naamam. Do it now.One can chant any name of choice to glorify the Lord. When we chant we use our tongue and ear and probably mind also in an attempt to focus upon the Lord. Naama japam is considered to be ideally suited for the kaliyuga that we are living in.Another way of performing naama japam is

by writing the naamam. This can probably easily done using a table of rows and columns. By writing same number of columns and rows in every page one can easily keep tab of the count. This method is commonly called likhita (written) japam and definitely requires the use of eyes, hand and mind. It is likely that many would probably use tongue to chant and use our ears to hear the naamam while writing. Thus we can use our mind and four organs to perform likhita japam. This would make us focus more on the Lord and therefore more desirable.Starting today I intend to write at least 12 naamam every day and I urge you to keep me company. With Lord's blessings I am sure you will.Hari Om!Chith Puram

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how..

Thank you, Chitpuramji,for writing the importance of the namajapam. In that regard, The new members in our group should know we do have a kotinamajapam blog moderated by our Chandraji, which may be used for this purpose, any time, by typing, reciting it out loud and hearing the naaam.

Thank you very much

regards,

sreeedevi menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 9/23/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpa[Guruvayur] Jneyam - Namam2guruvayur Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 5:18 AM

Namaste!The story of Ajamila and the last word of Sage Veda Vyasa in Srimad Bhagavatam extol the glory of chanting naamam or the Lord's name. Let us look at the chanting process carefully. The chanting process or naama japam is surprisingly simple. It is clearly stated that chanting the naamam does not impose any condition on the devotee or the actual chanting. There are restrictions on reciting certain mantras, or going to certain temples or performing pujas in temples. But chanting can be done any time of the day or night. Cleanliness is very important for pujas, going to temples and chanting

mantras. The knowledgeable ones say that it can be chanted whether one is clean or not.

sucir vaa asucirvaasarva avasthaasu sarvadaThus you need not wait to brush your teeth or bathe to chant a naamam. Do it now.One can chant any name of choice to glorify the Lord. When we chant we use our tongue and ear and probably mind also in an attempt to focus upon the Lord. Naama japam is considered to be ideally suited for the kaliyuga that we are living in.Another way of performing naama japam is

by writing the naamam. This can probably easily done using a table of rows and columns. By writing same number of columns and rows in every page one can easily keep tab of the count. This method is commonly called likhita (written) japam and definitely requires the use of eyes, hand and mind. It is likely that many would probably use tongue to chant and use our ears to hear the naamam while writing. Thus we can use our mind and four organs to perform likhita japam. This would make us focus more on the Lord and therefore more desirable.Starting today I intend to write at least 12 naamam every day and I urge you to keep me company. With Lord's blessings I am sure you will.Hari Om!Chith Puram

Namaste Sreedeviji and Jayasankarji!If what I write is of some use to others I am happy.  Thanks for pointing out about Kotinaamajapam blog.

Hari Om!Chith K. Puram

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM, NVP Menon <nvpmenon wrote:

Thank you, Chitpuramji,for writing the importance of the namajapam. In that regard, The new members in our group should know we do have a kotinamajapam blog moderated by our Chandraji, which may be used for this purpose, any time, by typing, reciting it out loud and hearing the naaam.

Thank you very much

regards,

sreeedevi menon

Om Namo Narayanaya

--- On Wed, 9/23/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpa[Guruvayur] Jneyam - Namam2

guruvayur Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 5:18 AM

Namaste!The story of Ajamila and the last word of Sage Veda Vyasa in Srimad Bhagavatam extol the glory of chanting naamam or the Lord's name.  Let us look at the chanting process carefully. 

The chanting process or naama japam is surprisingly simple.  It is clearly stated that chanting the naamam does not impose any condition on the devotee or the actual chanting.   There are restrictions on reciting certain mantras, or going to certain temples or performing pujas in temples.  But chanting can be done any time of the day or night.  Cleanliness is very important for pujas, going to temples and chanting

mantras.  The knowledgeable ones  say that it can be chanted whether one is clean or not. 

sucir vaa asucirvaasarva avasthaasu sarvada

Thus you need not wait to brush your teeth or bathe to chant a naamam.  Do it now.

One can chant any name of choice to glorify the Lord.  When we chant we use our tongue and ear and probably mind also in an attempt to focus upon the Lord.  Naama japam is considered to be ideally suited for the kaliyuga that we are living in.

Another way of performing naama japam is

by writing the naamam.  This can probably easily done using a table of rows and columns.  By writing same number of columns and rows in every page one can easily keep tab of the count.    This method is commonly called likhita (written) japam and definitely requires the use of eyes, hand and mind.  It is likely that many would probably use tongue to chant and use our ears to hear the naamam while writing.  Thus we can use our mind and four organs to perform likhita japam.  This would make us focus more on the Lord and therefore more desirable.

Starting today I intend to write at least 12 naamam every day and I urge you to keep me company.  With Lord's blessings I am sure you will.

Hari Om!Chith Puram