IndiaDivine.org

How to practise the presence of God.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How to practise the presence of God

I love the saying: “Today is the first day of the rest of your lifeâ€. The past isn’t important, for, from today onward, we can change. My guru, Paramhamsa Yogananda, often said, “Forget the pastâ€. The thought of past mistakes pulls us down. People also live too much in their victories. In self-pride they say, “Oh, I did this and I did thatâ€, but that’s history.

The Bhagavad-Gita tells us to give the results of our actions to God. I was surprised to hear Yogananda say, “God is pleased when you give him your mistakesâ€. If you dwell on the thought, “I made a mistakeâ€, you close the door to self- improvement.

We live in an age where one could say that today’s religion is science. This is good in the sense that science says, “If it’s true, we have to prove itâ€. I suggest that you test religion or spirituality scientifically within your own self. As an experiment, try for one week to think of God and talk to Him.

Try to think of God as inside yourself, and think that in everything you do, “I do this with Youâ€. Every thought that comes to you, even an ugly thought, share it with Him. Say, “God, help me. Change this idea, because I don’t like itâ€.

Resolve to think of God for five minutes every day. When you can do that, and then do it for 10 minutes, and then longer. I have found it to be very inspiring, when slowly walking, to try to share every moment, every movement, thought, and sound with God.

If you hear a car horn, think, “God is making that soundâ€. If you hear a bird singing in a tree, then think it’s God who is singing. Little by little you will see that that all is divine. Life is a symphony and everyone, in one way or another, is God in that form talking to you.

Don’t take interest in gossip and little things that don’t touch you. Try to become more charitable and calmer. We need to put the small things behind us. The only responsibility the universe has placed on our shoulders is to change ourselves and to find Truth in our lives.

Wherever you live, try to give more of your mind and your soul to God. Don’t say, “I’m not a saint: I don’t have the right or the power to bless othersâ€. You must bless others. You must also meditate for others.

Those of you, who feel you are small, know that you are not small: You are the greatest mystery of the universe! Each person has the ability to serve, even as the angels do, if you are conscious of God’s presence, and if you want to do it.

When you’re travelling on the highway or visiting the shops, consciously try to bless others. You’ll see many sad faces, but try to send a blessing to those you see who are suffering, unhappy, or in need of encouragement. Send them your peace. These blessings can create a new reality.

Be a spiritual scientist. You take one or two minutes to brush your teeth and five or 10 minutes to bathe, so why not take five minutes of your day to think of God? Share with God every feeling, every thought. It may become difficult after five minutes, but little-by-little you’ll see that it becomes a habit: You’ll see that gradually you will be in continuous conversation with God.

God is infinite: He has many voices and He has many instruments. Each one of us needs to play his own song. In this way, God can do beautiful things through us. What God wants, finally, is to enjoy Himself in you. This is God’s purpose: Give Him that chance.

(By Swami Kriyananda)

Om Namo Narayanaya...It was a wonderful mail...I was searching an answer for a question for a long time...i could find the answer in your mail.Feel like god made me read this mail to get an answer..Thank you so much...I have decided to feel the presence of god....all through the day.Radhika--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry wrote:Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry[Guruvayur] How to practise the presence of God.guruvayur Date: Wednesday, 23 September, 2009, 11:34 AM

How to practise the presence of God I love the saying: “Today is the first day of the rest of your lifeâ€. The past isn’t important, for, from today onward, we can change. My guru, Paramhamsa Yogananda, often said, “Forget the pastâ€. The thought of past mistakes pulls us down. People also live too much in their victories. In self-pride they say, “Oh, I did this and I did thatâ€, but that’s history. The Bhagavad-Gita tells us to give the results of our actions to God. I was surprised to hear Yogananda say, “God is pleased when you give him your mistakesâ€. If you dwell on the thought, “I made a mistakeâ€, you close the door to self- improvement. We live in an age where one could say that today’s religion is science. This is good in the sense that science says, “If it’s true, we have to prove itâ€. I suggest that you test religion or spirituality scientifically within your own self. As an experiment, try for one week to think of God and talk to Him. Try to think of God as inside yourself, and think that in everything you do, “I do this with Youâ€. Every thought that comes to you, even an ugly thought, share it with Him. Say, “God, help me. Change this idea, because I don’t like itâ€. Resolve to think of God for five minutes every day. When you can do that, and then do it for 10 minutes, and then longer. I have found it to be very inspiring, when slowly walking, to try to share every moment, every movement, thought, and sound with God. If you hear a car horn, think, “God is making that soundâ€. If you hear a bird singing in a tree, then think it’s God who is singing. Little by little you will see that that all is divine. Life is a symphony and everyone, in one way or another, is God in that form talking to you. Don’t take interest in gossip and little things that don’t touch you. Try to become more charitable and calmer. We need to put the small things behind us. The only responsibility the universe has placed on our shoulders is to change ourselves and to find Truth in our lives. Wherever you live, try to give more of your mind and your soul to God. Don’t say, “I’m not a saint: I don’t have the right or the power to bless othersâ€. You must bless others. You must also meditate for others. Those of you, who feel you are small, know that you are not small: You are the greatest mystery of the universe! Each person has the ability to serve, even as the angels do, if you are conscious of God’s presence, and if you want to do it. When you’re travelling on the highway or visiting the shops, consciously try to bless others. You’ll see many sad faces, but try to send a blessing to those you see who are suffering, unhappy, or in need of encouragement. Send them your peace. These blessings can create a new reality. Be a spiritual scientist. You take one or two minutes to brush your teeth and five or 10 minutes to bathe, so why not take five minutes of your day to think of God? Share with God every feeling, every thought. It may become difficult after five minutes, but little-by-little you’ll see that it becomes a habit: You’ll see that gradually you will be in continuous conversation with God. God is infinite: He has many voices and He has many instruments. Each one of us needs to play his own song. In this way, God can do beautiful things through us. What God wants, finally, is to enjoy Himself in you. This is God’s purpose: Give Him that chance. (By Swami Kriyananda)

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with India Mail. Learn how.

Pranamam Respected Sastriji,

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful thoughts

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat

--- On Thu, 24/9/09, radhika jayaram <radhijayaram wrote:

radhika jayaram <radhijayaramRe: [Guruvayur] How to practise the presence of God.guruvayur Date: Thursday, 24 September, 2009, 10:20 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya.. .It was a wonderful mail....I was searching an answer for a question for a long time...i could find the answer in your mail.Feel like god made me read this mail to get an answer..Thank you so much...I have decided to feel the presence of god....all through the day.Radhika--- On Wed, 23/9/09, Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry@ > wrote:

Dr.B.G.Y Sastry <drbgysastry@ >[Guruvayur] How to practise the presence of God.guruvayur@grou ps.comWednesday, 23 September, 2009, 11:34 AM

How to practise the presence of God

I love the saying: “Today is the first day of the rest of your lifeâ€. The past isn’t important, for, from today onward, we can change. My guru, Paramhamsa Yogananda, often said, “Forget the pastâ€. The thought of past mistakes pulls us down. People also live too much in their victories. In self-pride they say, “Oh, I did this and I did thatâ€, but that’s history.

The Bhagavad-Gita tells us to give the results of our actions to God. I was surprised to hear Yogananda say, “God is pleased when you give him your mistakesâ€. If you dwell on the thought, “I made a mistakeâ€, you close the door to self- improvement.

We live in an age where one could say that today’s religion is science.. This is good in the sense that science says, “If it’s true, we have to prove itâ€. I suggest that you test religion or spirituality scientifically within your own self. As an experiment, try for one week to think of God and talk to Him.

Try to think of God as inside yourself, and think that in everything you do, “I do this with Youâ€. Every thought that comes to you, even an ugly thought, share it with Him. Say, “God, help me. Change this idea, because I don’t like itâ€.

Resolve to think of God for five minutes every day. When you can do that, and then do it for 10 minutes, and then longer. I have found it to be very inspiring, when slowly walking, to try to share every moment, every movement, thought, and sound with God.

If you hear a car horn, think, “God is making that soundâ€. If you hear a bird singing in a tree, then think it’s God who is singing. Little by little you will see that that all is divine. Life is a symphony and everyone, in one way or another, is God in that form talking to you.

Don’t take interest in gossip and little things that don’t touch you. Try to become more charitable and calmer. We need to put the small things behind us. The only responsibility the universe has placed on our shoulders is to change ourselves and to find Truth in our lives.

Wherever you live, try to give more of your mind and your soul to God. Don’t say, “I’m not a saint: I don’t have the right or the power to bless othersâ€. You must bless others. You must also meditate for others.

Those of you, who feel you are small, know that you are not small: You are the greatest mystery of the universe! Each person has the ability to serve, even as the angels do, if you are conscious of God’s presence, and if you want to do it.

When you’re travelling on the highway or visiting the shops, consciously try to bless others. You’ll see many sad faces, but try to send a blessing to those you see who are suffering, unhappy, or in need of encouragement. Send them your peace. These blessings can create a new reality.

Be a spiritual scientist. You take one or two minutes to brush your teeth and five or 10 minutes to bathe, so why not take five minutes of your day to think of God? Share with God every feeling, every thought. It may become difficult after five minutes, but little-by-little you’ll see that it becomes a habit: You’ll see that gradually you will be in continuous conversation with God.

God is infinite: He has many voices and He has many instruments. Each one of us needs to play his own song. In this way, God can do beautiful things through us. What God wants, finally, is to enjoy Himself in you. This is God’s purpose: Give Him that chance.

(By Swami Kriyananda)

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with India Mail. Learn how.

India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.