IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Fw: Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranamam Respected Panickarji,

Thank you so much for your pdf file about Chattambi Swamikal. It is very interesting.

Thank you.

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat--- On Sat, 26/9/09, Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickar wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udhayabhanupanickarRe: Fw: Re: [Guruvayur] Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?guruvayur Date: Saturday, 26 September, 2009, 6:25 PM

Dear Jayashankar,I am little backed up on my communications. I don't know if I answered you or not.I have the books by Chattampi Swamikal in printed form. Some of His works are available on the internet in PDF format. I don't know how many of them but here is one of them attached to this message.If you search for it and find more let me also have the links. I am planning to convert (which ever is not available on the net) some of them to PDF and up load when I get some time I may convert them and upload.

Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickaraum namaH Shivaaya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human.

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkat wrote:

jayasankar vattekkat <vinodvattekkatFw: Re: [Guruvayur] Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?"GURUVAYURAPPAN" <guruvayur >Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 12:29 AM

Pranamam Panickerji,

Can you please give me that link

With Prayers,

Jayasankar Vattekkat

--- On Tue, 28/7/09, Udayabhanu Panickar <udayabhanupanickar@ > wrote:

Udayabhanu Panickar <udayabhanupanickar@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?guruvayur@grou ps..comTuesday, 28 July, 2009, 1:30 AM

Dear Seemaji and others,As I wrote earlier, if you have access to Shree Chattambi Swamikal's writing on this subject, please read it.Sincerely,Udayabhanu Panickar aum namaH ShivAya

OUR BODY IS THE ABODE OF THE JEEVATMAN, WHICH IS IN FACT THE PARABRAHMAN. LET US NOT MAKE IT A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH, LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY.--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Seema Warrier <seemawarrier@ grouply.com> wrote:

Seema Warrier <seemawarrier@ grouply.com>Re: [Guruvayur] Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?guruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, July 27, 2009, 10:21 AM

A doubt. How come then Onam is celebrated in Kerala, but not in any other part of India. Legend behind Onam is Mahabali comes to meet his people. And as the song goes: "maaveli naadu vanidum kalam, manusharellarum onnu polle".

Jayasree Menon <euroanuster@ gmail.com>guruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, July 27, 2009 8:49:54 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Parasurama's Keralam. A Contradiction ?

Hari Om!

Mahabali has not ruled Keralam. He was as per puranas, ruling a part of Gujarat.

2009/7/27 anair1101 <anair1101 >

Hari-Om

Parasuraman mazhu erinja katha paranja Keralam, Keralam mama Keralam mama Keralam ............ . ......... .....

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========

Parasurma is said to have created Keralam when he threw his mighty battle ax from a point in Kanyakumari northwards. Parasurama is the 6th incarnation of Mahavishnu. He was the wild warrior sage.. After killing the Kshatriyas, he does penance and brings in brahmins to populate and purify Keralam.

But Keralam existed before Parasurma's entrance. Mahabali the ideal king ruled Kerala until Vamana ( the 5th Avatar) in the form of a Brahmin boy expelled him to the Pathala loka but Keralam remained intact because Vamana alowed Mahabali to return to Kerala every year to bless his subjects.

Mahabali was banished because the Devas were jelous of him,; Mahabali was getting more popular among his subjects than the Devas themselves.

When Parasurama entered the scene, there was a well- organised and developed land that was left behind by Mahabali and populated by peace-loving inhabitants. . So how can Parasurama reclaim Kerala from the sea ? It would be logical if Parsurama was the 5th avatar and Vamana was the 6th not otherwise.

jai shree krishna !

Achuthan Nair.

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythruka m.blogspot. com/------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth trajectory.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how.