IndiaDivine.org

Jneyam - Tyagi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste!Swami Rama, the author of " Living with the Himalayan Masters " is a widely read author.  As a child he lived in the asramam of his guru.  The life in the asramam was very simple.  They ate only one meal a day that consisted of one chapatti, some vegetables and a glass of milk.

One day around one'o clock in the afternoon the boy Rama sat down for his meal.  After offering prayers he was about to eat his meal when his guru called him, " Rama, give your food to this old swami who is our guest. "

The hungry boy did not want to part with his food since he would not have anything to eat till the next day. So he refused his guru.  Then his guru said, " You won't die if you don't eat this food. You give your food to him out of love. "

Rama said, " I am hungry.  How can I love someone who is eating my food? "

The guru changed his stance.  He said,  " I order that you give the food to the guest. "

Then the guest was brought in.  The young Rama saw an old man who had only a blanket, a staff and a pair of wooden sandals.  Later he knew that the guest had not eaten for four days.  As instructed by his guru the young Rama got up and washed the feet of the guest.  He took the plate of food and offered it to the guest.

After eating, the satisfied guest blessed Rama, " God bless you! You will never feel hunger unless food comes before you. "

Hari Om

Chith Puram

Hari Om !

Wow!! What a great blessing the boy had got....  I wish all get such a blessings, so that greediness for food, wealth etc. would be brought under control.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

2009/9/30 Chith Puram <krsnakrpa

Namaste!Swami Rama, the author of " Living with the Himalayan Masters " is a widely read author.  As a child he lived in the asramam of his guru.  The life in the asramam was very simple.  They ate only one meal a day that consisted of one chapatti, some vegetables and a glass of milk.

One day around one'o clock in the afternoon the boy Rama sat down for his meal.  After offering prayers he was about to eat his meal when his guru called him, " Rama, give your food to this old swami who is our guest. "

The hungry boy did not want to part with his food since he would not have anything to eat till the next day. So he refused his guru.  Then his guru said, " You won't die if you don't eat this food. You give your food to him out of love. "

Rama said, " I am hungry.  How can I love someone who is eating my food? "

The guru changed his stance.  He said,  " I order that you give the food to the guest. "

Then the guest was brought in.  The young Rama saw an old man who had only a blanket, a staff and a pair of wooden sandals.  Later he knew that the guest had not eaten for four days.  As instructed by his guru the young Rama got up and washed the feet of the guest.  He took the plate of food and offered it to the guest.

After eating, the satisfied guest blessed Rama, " God bless you! You will never feel hunger unless food comes before you. "

Hari Om

Chith Puram

-- Best regardsJayasree MenonBangalore+9900149461my blog link: http://www.pythrukam.blogspot.com/--

A well-thought out plan, execution excellence, market timing, personal leadership are drivers of the growth   trajectory.

Great story,This is the culture of the Bhartham.And obey the words of GURU's.Once the boy, he sacrifice his food and he got a boon for the life long.This is the meaning of this story.

Chitpuram keep it up.

Thanks

sreekumar--- On Wed, 30/9/09, Chith Puram <krsnakrpa wrote:

Chith Puram <krsnakrpa[Guruvayur] Jneyam - Tyagiguruvayur Date: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 6:17 PM

Namaste!Swami Rama, the author of "Living with the Himalayan Masters" is a widely read author. As a child he lived in the asramam of his guru. The life in the asramam was very simple. They ate only one meal a day that consisted of one chapatti, some vegetables and a glass of milk.

One day around one'o clock in the afternoon the boy Rama sat down for his meal. After offering prayers he was about to eat his meal when his guru called him, "Rama, give your food to this old swami who is our guest."

The hungry boy did not want to part with his food since he would not have anything to eat till the next day. So he refused his guru. Then his guru said, "You won't die if you don't eat this food. You give your food to him out of love."

Rama said, "I am hungry. How can I love someone who is eating my food?"

The guru changed his stance. He said, "I order that you give the food to the guest."

Then the guest was brought in. The young Rama saw an old man who had only a blanket, a staff and a pair of wooden sandals. Later he knew that the guest had not eaten for four days. As instructed by his guru the young Rama got up and washed the feet of the guest. He took the plate of food and offered it to the guest.

After eating, the satisfied guest blessed Rama, "God bless you! You will never feel hunger unless food comes before you."

Hari Om

Chith Puram

Connect more, do more and share more with India Mail. Learn more.